The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 September 2020, 01:51 AM   #1
640ibimmerguy
"TRF" Member

SA called/Yacht master II availability

SA from my AD texted me a pic of a Yacht master II they just got in, Steel with the white face and blue bezel. I'm not interested in this model but if anyone is PM me. I'm guessing this would need to be a face to face transaction.
640ibimmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 02:50 AM   #2
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing. I personally love the YM2. Its not a favorite amongst WIS nor the general public so if a YM2 is a hard to find piece, Rolex has won the game in convincing fashion lol.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 08:28 AM   #3
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I personally love the YM2. Its not a favorite amongst WIS nor the general public so if a YM2 is a hard to find piece, Rolex has won the game in convincing fashion lol.
Actually, the reality is while its not the most loved amongst "WIS" aka snobby watchonista, to the population of the world not on forums with their nose up, its highly loved :)

According to every dealer ive spoken with in many states around country, they always tell me when im wearing my gold ymii how popular it actually is in the real world.
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 08:44 AM   #4
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Actually, the reality is while its not the most loved amongst "WIS" aka snobby watchonista, to the population of the world not on forums with their nose up, its highly loved :)

According to every dealer ive spoken with in many states around country, they always tell me when im wearing my gold ymii how popular it actually is in the real world.
I LOVE the Gold YM2. It’s very very very high on my list, would love one.

The ADs would sell bear poop on a strap if they could. And they do. And they tell you it’s hard to find. In reality not everything is a “super hot model.” This was not created for the casual person for their first or only Rolex. That demographic is who buys the vast majority of product, not us “snobby wathchionistas” who have multiple Rs in the collection.

Again no knock at all on the watch, I love it and get wrist envy when I see it, but it’s just not a desirable piece to “snobby watchionistas” or the general public.
Old 24 September 2020, 10:59 AM   #5
The Continental
Banned

Quote:

The Continental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 11:56 AM   #6
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

I agree with you, not the snobby part but how cool the YMII is, SS and blue bezel.. someone posted one on here one day with a blue OF strap, awesome look!!
Old 24 September 2020, 12:12 PM   #7
vh2k
"TRF" Member

These are widely available without any wait. $18,750 price tag and polarizing design ensure these spend quality time in display cases. They aren’t even kept in the back.
vh2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 01:01 PM   #8
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
These are widely available without any wait. $18,750 price tag and polarizing design ensure these spend quality time in display cases. They aren’t even kept in the back.
I know that’s true. Saw them in cases in Europe last November.
Old 24 September 2020, 01:17 PM   #9
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan!
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 01:26 PM   #10
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
get the two tone!
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 01:32 PM   #11
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I find the blue bezel variants too brash. The only one I liked was the WG so I got that. Its an amazing watch. I haven’t seen another in the wild and that's exactly why I like it so much. The YM II is underrated, especially on TRF. I believe it to be a sleeper that when discontinued will soar in price.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 11:30 PM   #12
PNBLWZD
"TRF" Member

I just got a YM2 after contemplating for quite a while, and really like it. Great companion piece to my SD43 in the plus size Rolex category! The style and design is like a king size daytona, but it’s a timer instead of a chrono. Even has the flyback reset! Don’t let the name on the bezel looking huge in pictures put you off, in person it looks great and wears really comfortable at 44mm

For a long time the gray price was well below MSRP, but gradually they’ve caught up and are almost the same now. They used to commonly sit in AD cases unloved, but not anymore. My AD had one last week I was going to check out, but it sold quickly. Also they rarely come up for sale on TRF Classifieds, and when one does it sells surprising fast.
PNBLWZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 11:37 PM   #13
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
It's a great watch!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:32 AM   #14
Aberdein
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1982 GMT 16750Matt
Tried one on a couple of years ago and its one striking watch. It appears you either love them or hate them judging by the comments on these pages. Me personally, am in the love camp and perhaps one day...
Aberdein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 02:59 AM   #15
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Love mine...

P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2020, 03:32 AM   #16
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Love mine...

Awesome shot.

Is there a YM2 YG fan page here? I want to see more. But then again the temptation would loom larger lol. My only problem is determining which set of hands looks best, they all look pretty damn nice IMO so hard to pick.
Old 25 September 2020, 03:45 AM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I like the YMII. It is a movement enthusiast watch. The current Rolex Demographic might not be interested in technical movements from Rolex.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 08:12 AM   #18
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I LOVE the Gold YM2. It’s very very very high on my list, would love one.

The ADs would sell bear poop on a strap if they could. And they do. And they tell you it’s hard to find. In reality not everything is a “super hot model.” This was not created for the casual person for their first or only Rolex. That demographic is who buys the vast majority of product, not us “snobby wathchionistas” who have multiple Rs in the collection.

Again no knock at all on the watch, I love it and get wrist envy when I see it, but it’s just not a desirable piece to “snobby watchionistas” or the general public.
You are aware how small the online forum world is compared to the millions of rolex's in circulation around the world, right? The real deal buyers/ballers in the real world are buying them, they are popular to the majority that isn't on this forum or else it wouldn't still produced!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Keep laughing,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-5377.jpg (109.4 KB, 380 views)
Old 26 September 2020, 03:50 PM   #19
drrd
"TRF" Member

That is a very nice collection of watches.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 05:09 PM   #20
Matt_01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II BLNR
Quote:
You are aware how small the online forum world is compared to the millions of rolex's in circulation around the world, right? The real deal buyers/ballers in the real world are buying them, they are popular to the majority that isn't on this forum or else it wouldn't still produced!

Keep laughing,
Lovely collection... what’s next? The new VC Overseas full gold might add in nicely!
Matt_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 06:21 PM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

What is it about this watch that makes people spontaneously air grievances out of thin air about its popularity and the snobbishness of people who don't like it, or in many cases haven't even thought about it?

Turns out the news is better still, considering it's such an incredibly popular model. You can still get it on the grey market for around MSRP or less. But as we are so often told, they sell for much less than the asking price.

Anomaly? Maybe Rolex have managed to keep producing exactly as many watches as everyone in the world wants to buy? Clever.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 07:34 PM   #22
Cookman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDTT, CHNR, BLUESY
I was offered one last weekend on my first visit to local AD, declined the offer and bought a Sea Dweller TT.
Cookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 07:36 PM   #23
NYFatboy99
Banned

Watch: Daydate
Why did you decline the offer. Is there something I need to know?
NYFatboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 03:38 AM   #24
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
That is a very nice collection of watches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_01 View Post
Lovely collection... what’s next? The new VC Overseas full gold might add in nicely!
Thanks guys
Think about to pull trigger on rose gold rhodium sky dweller
But waiting on gold green dial Daytona as I really wanted a green dial in collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
What is it about this watch that makes people spontaneously air grievances out of thin air about its popularity and the snobbishness of people who don't like it, or in many cases haven't even thought about it?

Turns out the news is better still, considering it's such an incredibly popular model. You can still get it on the grey market for around MSRP or less. But as we are so often told, they sell for much less than the asking price.

Anomaly? Maybe Rolex have managed to keep producing exactly as many watches as everyone in the world wants to buy? Clever.
It’s not out of thin air
It’s an ongoing misconception

People forget we are on Rolex forums, there are billions of people out there not on TRF that own and buy Rolex also lol

Again only the more snobby WIS scoff at ymii and other pieces too that aren’t a classic sized sub

Not all, however I’m noticing this snarky comment trend by lots on here. Your comment proves my initial and ongoing point, the irony.

go through the threads and looks at the comments on ymii, yachtmaster, Milgauss, ddii etc the comments are ridiculous especially when it’s suppose to be a group of likeminded enthusiasts.

But it’s whatever I don’t lose sleep I just call out, I’m always the black sheep and minority cause I buy and own what I truly like and tell it how it truly is!

Ps go take a look at the ymii 116688 market it skyrocketed also
Old 27 September 2020, 09:14 PM   #25
drrd
"TRF" Member

The money in these watches is a big deal to many people, which is understandable. Increasing popularity, increasing demand and paying over RRP for something increases that perception of risk and 'confidence' issues come more to the fore.

So you get the agressive reponses at even a suggestion of negativity toward a particular reference (see 'Batgirl'), the incomings with backslaps and cheers of approval from other owners, the cliquey pack mentality, and the snarkiness to 'outlying' references.

It should all be friendly but a lot of this behaviour is driven by insecurity. It's understandable even if it is unpleasant.

Anyway, the starting price for a YMII being more than three times that of an OP is going to kill it straight away for most people. So far anyway. What's interesting though is that, as you say iLLGT2, people are now seeing the value in a watch like the 116688. What previously looked too flashy and was priced out of reach now looks very different when it's next to a 2-3x RRP Sub, GMT etc. Plus boredom with those refs has to kick in eventually!

That Everose/Rhodium Sky Dweller...jeez, v.nice.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 09:42 PM   #26
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
The money in these watches is a big deal to many people, which is understandable. Increasing popularity, increasing demand and paying over RRP for something increases that perception of risk and 'confidence' issues come more to the fore.

So you get the agressive reponses at even a suggestion of negativity toward a particular reference (see 'Batgirl'), the incomings with backslaps and cheers of approval from other owners, the cliquey pack mentality, and the snarkiness to 'outlying' references.

It should all be friendly but a lot of this behaviour is driven by insecurity. It's understandable even if it is unpleasant.

Anyway, the starting price for a YMII being more than three times that of an OP is going to kill it straight away for most people. So far anyway. What's interesting though is that, as you say iLLGT2, people are now seeing the value in a watch like the 116688. What previously looked too flashy and was priced out of reach now looks very different when it's next to a 2-3x RRP Sub, GMT etc. Plus boredom with those refs has to kick in eventually!

That Everose/Rhodium Sky Dweller...jeez, v.nice.
Have to agree that the high premiums on steel models make PM models look a lot more attractive.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 10:48 PM   #27
CarteBlanche
"TRF" Member

I have the white/ blue YM 2. I love the watch and I'm very happy with it. It's not my daily (used to be Hulk, now it's Batman jubilee) but I adore the YM 2 every time I wear it. If you can afford it, I'd highly recommend it.
CarteBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2020, 02:08 AM   #28
Flybak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
I'm a fan of the YMII. Like the colours, and the complication is a unique one for those that are interested. While I'm not positive on this, I believe it was the first mechanical countdown timer with flyback. Perhaps an expert could confirm or correct?
Flybak is offline   Reply With Quote