The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 5 June 2018, 03:51 PM   #1
hoops10
Banned

speedmaster sizing

Hello,

I have a question for the forum and I would appreciate any suggestions. I live in an area where it is not always easy to get to the one jewelry store that carries Omega watches. I have tried on an Rolex Daytona, a model that's about 3-4 years old, and although I have a small wrist I could wear that pretty well. I prefer a watch where the lugs do not extend over my wrist. With that being said how large do you think I can go with a speedmaster, and which one do you suggest I consider? It is my understanding that the sizing is different between Rolex and Omega. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
hoops10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 03:26 AM   #2
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
The Speedy is a little bit taller than the Daytona (domed crystal), but not really much larger overall. The Daytona and Ex 2 both tuck very comfortably under a sleeve with their beveled bezels and flat sapphire crystal. I practically never notice any difference between my chronos, except that the Speedy is SOOOO much easier to read at a glance. My wrist is smallish and I was never really happy with the fit until I purchased a Seamaster half-link for it. Speedys are extremely rare in my neck of the woods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 chronos.jpg (178.9 KB, 100 views)
Old 6 June 2018, 04:41 AM   #3
tryptobphan
"TRF" Member

I have an Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch and the measurements are: Case: 42mm, Lug-to-Lug: 54mm, Height: 14.5mm.

My wrist size is 6.5" and the watch on a steel strap will hang over the edges of my wrist. However, when taking off the metal strap, the lug-to-lug is about 48mm, so it's perfect on my wrist and meets the edges of my wrist.

I think for your needs, you require lug-to-lug measurements of the watches you are interested in.

I would also suggest an Omega Speedmaster 38mm. If you want an Omega Speedmaster that surely won't extend over your wrist, I suggest looking into these models. The black one, in particular, looks very nice and sporty with the normal subdials instead of the oval subdials characteristic of the other 38mm models.
tryptobphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 06:28 AM   #4
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

This is a Speedy Pro on my wrist (6.375"). Fits very well IMO.

Important thing to remember is Omega has very good dimensions and is very wearable due to the way the lugs are shaped on the professional. I think it wears closer to a 40mm Rolex although labeled as a 42mm. The FOIS variants although labeled smaller as 39.7mm wears very similarly because it's essentially the same case without the crown guards AND has straight lugs. This will tend to hang over smaller wrists a little more but nothing offensive IMO. I enjoy both styles very much.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote