The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2018, 09:25 AM   #1
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Any UK members after a TT Blue Sub?

Spotted in Goldsmiths Meadowhall Shopping Centre, Sheffield - 14th June 2018 if anyone's on a list for a TT Sub blue dial but wants one now.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

(apols for the crappy pics, taken in a rush!)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Are people on lists to pay RRP for a TT Sub?

I knew about steel subs, gmt, green sub, Sea-Dweller, BLNR etc but TT subs? Things are getting beyond crazy if that’s the case.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Rolex Essex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
Thanks for sharing. Nice to see that they’ve got some YM in stock too.
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post

I knew about steel subs, gmt, green sub, Sea-Dweller, BLNR etc but TT subs? Things are getting beyond crazy if that’s the case.
Phone your local AD & see what they say regards availability of any TT sports model - Sub, GMT etc

Old 15 June 2018, 04:26 PM   #5
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nail Tech View Post
Thanks for sharing. Nice to see that they’ve got some YM in stock too.
Sure.

They also had a couple of Wimbledon Datejusts if anyone's after one of those.

Old 15 June 2018, 05:13 PM   #6
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Yeah I also do wonder if AD's are offering discounts on Bluesey - with the way things are...I hazard a guess not.
kwingy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 06:32 PM   #7
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I was amazed to discover that WF have currently got listed a worn 2016 bluesy for above retail. That suggests that things have indeed gone barking mad and that presumably they’re not straightforward to come by from an AD.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 06:43 PM   #8
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
Yeah I also do wonder if AD's are offering discounts on Bluesey - with the way things are...I hazard a guess not.
Depends on the AD.

Got mine mid December 2017.

Had been looking for a while and whilst the national chains (Goldsmiths etc) weren't even willing to discuss discounts, I managed to get mine from a small town indipendant AD with about 8% off.

The difference being I wouldnt expect the small town AD had the same volume of people willing to chuck 10k on a watch 2 weeks before Christmas so was more grateful for the business.

My advice would be to shop around - you may just drop lucky.

Old 15 June 2018, 07:05 PM   #9
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I was amazed to discover that WF have currently got listed a worn 2016 bluesy for above retail. That suggests that things have indeed gone barking mad and that presumably they’re not straightforward to come by from an AD.
Never liked WF - the price they are asking for used Hulk's is criminal.

Problem is, WF seems to be used as a bench mark so inevitably every other dealer and even some private sellers will also raise their prices to match.

Old 15 June 2018, 07:09 PM   #10
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I spotted that also.. the 2016 used watch above retail. I'm not fussed as I have mine already but sore if you are looking to buy in the future..
thesharkfactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 07:33 PM   #11
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

It could be mine that, haha. I was surprised how much they offered for it, was really pleased.
I loved the watch but the gold was a bit too much on me, another 10 years age and it might have looked alright.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 07:37 PM   #12
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sheets86 View Post
It could be mine that, haha. I was surprised how much they offered for it, was really pleased.
I loved the watch but the gold was a bit too much on me, another 10 years age and it might have looked alright.
Feel free not to answer, but what did they offer you?

My limited experience of WF is that they offer a better price than other relatively large online resellers. However there have been members who have recently indicated they are tightening up their offers. Possibly related to the Richemont buy-out.
Old 15 June 2018, 07:53 PM   #13
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

WF are way too expensive. They wanted more for a used and marked Hulk that a majority of greys selling new ones. And the greys weren't exactly giving them away! One thing I will say is that they were willing to negotiate. I could have knocked them down some, but I knocked the grey dealer down too. So it was still no contest.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 08:03 PM   #14
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
WF are way too expensive.
I agree with this but they are a reputable company which gives peace of mind and as you indicate, they are actually pretty good to deal with. But most importantly, you can actually try the watches on.

Time was that people would walk into an AD, try on a professional model then walk out, contact a grey and buy the watch. In this absolutely bizarre market we’re in, the thing to do now is go to one of the WF boutiques, try on the watch and go find an AD who might get you on the list! This is exactly what I did with my BLNR and I only decided on what my next two watches will be (from my AD - LVc and SD43) having tried them on for size in WF first.
Old 15 June 2018, 10:08 PM   #15
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

No, it's fine.

They paid me £8,100 for it and 3 other sellers I offered me £7-£7,500. I know they're making a hellish mark up if they manage to sell it over the current list but at the end of the day they might have it for quite a while at that price.

I bought it in July 2016 which was before the last increase so the RRP was £8,950 but I got discount and paid £8,450 and wore it quite a lot so I think £8,100 was pretty fair tbh. To lose £350 on a £9,000 item in 18 months doesn't seem bad to me.

This was a recent transaction, the money came into my account last Thursday and I dropped the watch off at their Leeds shop on May bank hol Saturday.

Much easier than Ebay IMO and no paypal/fees to pay.
Old 15 June 2018, 10:13 PM   #16
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it's fine.

They paid me £8,100 for it and 3 other sellers I offered me £7-£7,500. I know they're making a hellish mark up if they manage to sell it over the current list but at the end of the day they might have it for quite a while at that price.

I bought it in July 2016 which was before the last increase so the RRP was £8,950 but I got discount and paid £8,450 and wore it quite a lot so I think £8,100 was pretty fair tbh. To lose £350 on a £9,000 item in 18 months doesn't seem bad to me.

This was a recent transaction, the money came into my account last Thursday and I dropped the watch off at their Leeds shop on May bank hol Saturday.

Thanks for the reply.

I think that’s a solid price for a TT reference. You’ve effectively rented a £10k watch for £20 a month with no obligations. That’s a big reason why people love Rolex.
Old 15 June 2018, 10:22 PM   #17
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree with this but they are a reputable company which gives peace of mind and as you indicate, they are actually pretty good to deal with. But most importantly, you can actually try the watches on.

Time was that people would walk into an AD, try on a professional model then walk out, contact a grey and buy the watch. In this absolutely bizarre market we’re in, the thing to do now is go to one of the WF boutiques, try on the watch and go find an AD who might get you on the list! This is exactly what I did with my BLNR and I only decided on what my next two watches will be (from my AD - LVc and SD43) having tried them on for size in WF first.
This can't be done at their Leeds shop anymore, they don't stock watches in the shop anymore as I think that they got held up so have to choose a watch online and make an appointment to view it in the shop.
Old 15 June 2018, 10:23 PM   #18
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I think that’s a solid price for a TT reference. You’ve effectively rented a £10k watch for £20 a month with no obligations. That’s a big reason why people love Rolex.
That's a great way of putting it! Putting it like that ought to work with any wife!
Old 15 June 2018, 10:27 PM   #19
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's a great way of putting it! Putting it like that ought to work with any wife!
Amen mate.

I know it’s mostly not true, but “Rolex is an investment” has already bagged me permission from SWMBO for two watches so far...
Old 16 June 2018, 12:55 AM   #20
Icehockeyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer ii
Quote:
This can't be done at their Leeds shop anymore, they don't stock watches in the shop anymore as I think that they got held up so have to choose a watch online and make an appointment to view it in the shop.

Very true, this was last year and afterwards involved a complete refurbishment.
Shocking for the poor staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Icehockeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 04:01 AM   #21
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
No, it's fine.

The offer can vary hugely. I have actually found that mark worthington is among the fairer ones when valuing a used watch, and WF are ok but generally less. In fact he offered me £1,200 more than WF for a recent sale. And the money is paid on a next day transfer (not 5 like WF).

I guess the point I’m making is that it doesn’t hurt to get a couple of offers. You don’t have to send the watch to get a quote and is a 5 minute process to enter the details and load photos.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 05:20 AM   #22
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Phone your local AD & see what they say regards availability of any TT sports model - Sub, GMT etc

Actually just today I saw a TT sub in one window and a TT GMT in the other. Since I had this post in mind, I was keen to look.

They’re definitely not hard Watches to get at list. I prefer SS models anyway and would rather have my Green Sub, BLNR, JC etc over a TT.

Lovely Watches but paying RRP and you’ll be burned if you don’t plan to keep.
Old 16 June 2018, 06:00 AM   #23
Sal_UKSheffield
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

In todays market...

2 years ago you would have made a 2k loss
Sal_UKSheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 06:07 AM   #24
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_UKSheffield View Post
In todays market...

2 years ago you would have made a 2k loss
Yup.

But name another brand whose TT watch of any variety wouldn’t lose a boatload more (in percentage terms) over 2 years, in any market? That’s the point.
Old 16 June 2018, 07:09 AM   #25
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually just today I saw a TT sub in one window and a TT GMT in the other. Since I had this post in mind, I was keen to look.

They’re definitely not hard Watches to get at list. I prefer SS models anyway and would rather have my Green Sub, BLNR, JC etc over a TT.

Lovely Watches but paying RRP and you’ll be burned if you don’t plan to keep.

The two tone sub ceramic blusey is not one you will be burned if you decide to sell. I can make 2k profit right now in today’s market for what I paid mid 2017.
watchdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 07:54 AM   #26
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdisplay View Post
The two tone sub ceramic blusey is not one you will be burned if you decide to sell. I can make 2k profit right now in today’s market for what I paid mid 2017.
Sure, and I agree.
However buy one now for £9900 and it may be a different story.
Old 16 June 2018, 08:02 AM   #27
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sure, and I agree.
However buy one now for £9900 and it may be a different story.
I agree. I was fortunate in the sense that I bought mine when they retailed at about £8,950 and I also got £500 discount. if I had bought it recently for £9,900 I reckon they'd have still offered around 8'ish which means that I would have lost about £2,000. It just so happens that things worked in my favour, for a change......
Old 18 June 2018, 06:39 PM   #28
MRGMTII
"TRF" Member

Icon6

Just thought I'd add to this post, I walked past Goldsmiths in Reading yesterday and they had a black TT sub date in the window for £9,900 if any UK members are interested.

T.
MRGMTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 06:45 PM   #29
bp1000
"TRF" Member

I got 22% off a Wimbledon DJ and 18% off a blue TT sub 4 years ago. Also in stock in a few places.

How times have changed.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2018, 08:25 PM   #30
Kel_Solaar
"TRF" Member

Pics are fine. Thanks. Might be in Sheffield next wkend.