The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2018, 04:18 AM   #1
speedy cosmograph
Banned

If you haven't looked at the Speedmaster 60th...

you should take a closer look. I know there's been much written about these, but I wanted to add my two cents. I picked one up just the other day, didn't appear to have ever been worn. I own a lot of old Speedmasters that I began accumulating in the late 90s when I decided my stainless Daytona was just too flashy and was too often needing mainsprings. I note that I have many because I want to emphasize how impressive this homage to the 2915-1 is. It's beautiful and very well-made. I won't bore you with more review-like details. Omega did this one right, and I have never seen a nicer Speedmaster. I'm sure there are numerous threads here devoted to this watch, so there is no need to link me to some past discussion. There are enough available from the pin heads who bought them hoping to make money (like the cartoon dog watch) to keep prices down in the short-term, but I am sure once those are gone, these will be bringing 10k and up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2915new.jpeg (96.8 KB, 857 views)
speedy cosmograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Pinheads lololol
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 05:39 PM   #3
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy cosmograph View Post
you should take a closer look. I know there's been much written about these, but I wanted to add my two cents. I picked one up just the other day, didn't appear to have ever been worn. I own a lot of old Speedmasters that I began accumulating in the late 90s when I decided my stainless Daytona was just too flashy and was too often needing mainsprings. I note that I have many because I want to emphasize how impressive this homage to the 2915-1 is. It's beautiful and very well-made. I won't bore you with more review-like details. Omega did this one right, and I have never seen a nicer Speedmaster. I'm sure there are numerous threads here devoted to this watch, so there is no need to link me to some past discussion. There are enough available from the pin heads who bought them hoping to make money (like the cartoon dog watch) to keep prices down in the short-term, but I am sure once those are gone, these will be bringing 10k and up.
For someone who has a collection of old Speedmasters that is a serious endorsement................I put a deposit down on one yesterday and pick it up late next week so your post has added to the anticipation
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 09:58 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 11:14 PM   #5
speedy cosmograph
Banned

That's the thing...It's not just aesthetically amazing...it's fit and finish are first rate, and the bracelet is about (and I'm spit balling here) a gazillion times nicer than all the Speedmaster bracelets made until recent years...especially the oldest versions. I honestly believe this, albeit an homage, will be seen as one of the very best LE watches Omega ever produces/produced. It's especially nice given that it's basically impossible for 99 percent of Speedmaster lovers to own...let alone wear a real 2915-1. I'd say buy while the prices are reasonable.
speedy cosmograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 09:25 PM   #6
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy cosmograph View Post
That's the thing...It's not just aesthetically amazing...it's fit and finish are first rate, and the bracelet is about (and I'm spit balling here) a gazillion times nicer than all the Speedmaster bracelets made until recent years...especially the oldest versions. I honestly believe this, albeit an homage, will be seen as one of the very best LE watches Omega ever produces/produced. It's especially nice given that it's basically impossible for 99 percent of Speedmaster lovers to own...let alone wear a real 2915-1. I'd say buy while the prices are reasonable.

100% in agreement!

Love your cartoon dog speedy reference! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 11:30 PM   #7
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

So with big thanks to this and other enabling threads, plus the heads-up from Stevec14 about the Watchfinder flash sale, I picked mine up last night. Watchfinder were really good on this sale, including the staff at The Exchange who were having to deal with quite a few arrogant City time wasters, when I collected it.

It’s impossible to describe this watch and do it justice. It is wiz heaven with so many lovely details and its fantastically made, DON on the bezel, old style accent on techymetre, no Professional on the lovely matt dial and a nice solid bracelet with the old style and modern convenience of an adjustable clasp.

The box is so nicely made, not that boxes really bother me and it comes with a leather and nato strap as well. The black suede roll over pouch is great and in my opinion better than the one supplied with the Speedy Tuesday.

This is a lovely limited edition and I think is a complimentary piece to the Speedy Tuesday that I count myself lucky to have as well. It’s nice to have the Tuesday will all brushed case and the 60th which looks really polished in comparison with the polished bracelet link edges and polished lug tops.

As has been said earlier in this thread, the 60th Anniversary is a great Limited Edition and one definitely worth getting.

A few photo’s follow, including one of my Speedy Trilogy, the last one being a 92 with yellow Tritium plots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2351.jpg (286.5 KB, 633 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2337.jpg (161.8 KB, 635 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2353.jpg (255.0 KB, 637 views)
Old 19 May 2018, 11:40 PM   #8
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Congratulations. Great pickup. It’s a lovely watch. I haven’t decided yet, but I may have to let mine go as am potentially picking up a Daytona C but we will see. It’s certainly the best omega I have owned and the whole trilogy are awesome pieces.

Congratulations and enjoy
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 07:40 AM   #9
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Congratulations. Great pickup. It’s a lovely watch. I haven’t decided yet, but I may have to let mine go as am potentially picking up a Daytona C but we will see. It’s certainly the best omega I have owned and the whole trilogy are awesome pieces.

Congratulations and enjoy
Thanks again for the heads-up and good luck in the Daytona C Pick-up
Old 20 May 2018, 07:40 AM   #10
RolexG1986
"TRF" Member

Gorgeous
RolexG1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 08:57 AM   #11
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats love the dial
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 12:46 AM   #12
Bobby T
Banned

Nice watch..........looks like most of the others Speedies......this one has some fake patina.....others have different hands, dials, etc. Enjoy!!!!!
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 04:56 AM   #13
justthebezel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby T View Post
Nice watch..........looks like most of the others Speedies......this one has some fake patina.....others have different hands, dials, etc. Enjoy!!!!!
Great post. Very informative.

Seriously, it's a great looking homage to the 2915. Enjoy it.
justthebezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 06:17 AM   #14
wfreed22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Love the broadarrow hands, enjoy!
wfreed22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 06:25 AM   #15
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Is the bracelet wider than the original one?

Somehow it looks HUGE (since it's not tapered but I noticed the original isn't either or am I wrong).
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2018, 08:16 AM   #16
Helmi
"TRF" Member

My contribution to the thread
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2018, 05:27 AM   #17
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Great contribution
Old 7 June 2018, 10:02 AM   #18
justthebezel
Banned

This has become my favorite LE by far...even above the Alaska Project.
justthebezel is offline   Reply With Quote