The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 May 2018, 12:51 PM   #1
brabusbrad
"TRF" Member

Omega Planet Ocean size

After taking a look at a few Omega’s for my next acquisition I have narrowed it down to the planet ocean. I was almost convinced that I would need to purchase the 39.5mm over the 43.5mm as I have slender wrists (6.25 inches). But when I tried on the 39.5mm at an AD it looked way too small for 39.5 and I had to check twice to make sure Inwas handling the 39.5 version. Mind you I was wearing my SubC so I was comparing the two and the size difference is night and day. The PO case tapers more aggressively compared to the maxi case. Has anyone else here felt the same way when seeing it in person?
brabusbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 02:21 PM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I tried on the 39.5 the other day and found it too small also. The 39.5 includes the crown guard which is why it feels small. I was wearing my FOIS which is almost the exact size at 39.7 but that felt much larger since the 39.7 is the actual dial size.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 05:43 PM   #3
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

The PO's have a short lug length which also reduces the overall size of the watch and makes for a very good fit to the wrist. You didn't say if you tried the 43.5mm version, I would have thought it may be too big for your wrist but worth a try and give the 39.5mm another go, you may think differently about the size second time. Good choice by the way it is a lovely watch
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 06:01 PM   #4
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Due to the case thickness I think 39.5mm is too small. The bigger case looks and more importantly feels better on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2018, 11:46 PM   #5
brabusbrad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedssd View Post
The PO's have a short lug length which also reduces the overall size of the watch and makes for a very good fit to the wrist. You didn't say if you tried the 43.5mm version, I would have thought it may be too big for your wrist but worth a try and give the 39.5mm another go, you may think differently about the size second time. Good choice by the way it is a lovely watch
Thanks mate, I did try the 43.5mm and it was bordering the "i'm wearing my dad's watch" look. I'll have to give it another try and I guess I forgot to mention that I tried on the white ceramic version of the 39.5mm since that was the only one they had in that size; this probably made the comparison a little bit unfair. But my idea of the planet ocean or any dive watch that can go to 600m should be chunky and big.
Old 2 June 2018, 09:53 AM   #6
Bengal fan
"TRF" Member

Omega Planet Ocean size

I have slender wrist as well (6.5) & I really like the 43.5 PO on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bengal fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2018, 11:31 AM   #7
brabusbrad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal fan View Post
I have slender wrist as well (6.5) & I really like the 43.5 PO on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s a beauty, thanks for sharing.
Old 8 June 2018, 10:33 AM   #8
Jprieur
"TRF" Member

Everyone focuses so much on wrist size, but don't discount your hand size too. I have moderately skinny wrists but larger hands, so it allows me to wear a slightly larger watch (proportional).

Take the whole picture into account, not just your wrist size. Don't forget to wear what feels right too, if for any other reason to justify your large purchase.

On your other note, I don't feel much of a difference between the subC and the PO 43.5 in the width the way it wears on the wrist. I do, however, notice a difference in the heights of the two.
Jprieur is offline   Reply With Quote