The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 June 2019, 03:07 AM   #61
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfarmer84 View Post
I don’t see the cheaper logic thou, otherwise I’d agree. I’m looking at $150k roughly for two watches or grey going to be best case what $110k for one? The 5180 would be the bargain of the century at 40k based on that no?
I still don’t think u shouldnpair it with the 5180. There must be a batch they trying to get rid of. Got offered another one yesterday.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 03:11 AM   #62
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
I don’t see the cheaper logic thou, otherwise I’d agree. I’m looking at $150k roughly for two watches or grey going to be best case what $110k for one? The 5180 would be the bargain of the century at 40k based on that no?
$110K that the asking price from the gray......

Try the gray first by negotiate what you willing to spend on the 5711R....

You never know and it don't hurt to ask...... If the price is still to high then walk form the gray......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 03:29 AM   #63
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I still don’t think u shouldnpair it with the 5180. There must be a batch they trying to get rid of. Got offered another one yesterday.
What kind of discount are they offering? Clearly mine would be full retail on this ebd
Old 24 June 2019, 03:40 AM   #64
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The other watch is a 5180 1R. Although not desirable I think it’s beautiful. I could potentially substitute to a Grand complication. The point is the 5180 was a down the road piece for me, not at the top of my list, I simply mentioned I liked it a few months ago. I feel I’ve had 3 different requirements so far to acquire the 1R. I’m looking to acquire a handful of sports models over time, I just don’t like the way this has transpired and feel if I commit to this it literally does nothing for future purchases. I’ll be committed to over 200k in one year to this AD in the meantime (first watch was 5524r) and full msrp on everything and come next deal it will be same story.
Quote:
I would personally stick with the AD, tell them you’re not interested in a bundle deal to get the 5711R but that they are your AD and future purchases will be from them (as have past purchases). Give them a list of future pieces you want (and sequence) with a rough idea of your timing preferences. If they don’t want to sell you the 5711R now, fair enough but since it is your first purchase from the list they won’t get the second purchase until the first has occurred. Good luck and wait it out.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #65
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

If you really want the 5711 AND plan to buy other pieces in the near future think you do the deal. The loss you incur on the other piece is probably less than the premium on the secondary and now you’re in at the store with 150K of spend.

I would absolutely make sure you get some assurances about the next couple of pieces you want and would press to let them have you put some skin in the game for the next watch.

Good luck with whatever you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 02:11 PM   #66
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
WatchLurv, funny how I would love to be in your position. I get where your coming from thou. How bout I pay the $2500 difference for you and we have a timeshare! It’s win win lol.

In my situation I’m probably going to walk. I feel myself losing interest as a whole with the way things are headed. Probably just discouraged and eventually the fire will reignite. I’d talk to the owner but I think they are the driving force to begin with. Everything I’ve been told has been that “Patek” is requiring all this not them. Funny how Patek is watching where every single model is going yet so many available in grey market.
I'd be happy with timeshare if no scratches were left on it. That's the main reason why my friends can't borrow my watches; if it's scratched I'll forever hold a grudge, and that would ruin a friendship

Dont lose hope. Get what you want, if your wallet permits. The 11R has risen so much it'd almost be mindboggling to go with the grey prices.

Get the bundle, offload one of them at cost (or attempt to) and see where it leaves you after.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 05:57 PM   #67
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
I'm sitting in almost near same situation. I'm arguing over a 5% discount for the 1R that they promised me, but somehow have gotten amnesia over as it's been 1 year since we spoke about the deal. 3 years since I put my name down, so likewise for your situation I say this:

Bite the bullet

Why? You need the AD. The AD doesnt need you, and there is always a bigger fish who will do their "combo deals" that they offer. The same goes to Patek...They don't need the AD, the AD needs them. We are at the end of the supply chain where we have no say.

PS. I'm going to wire them the money in full, with the increase in price.
exactly what happened to me with the 5980 1R.
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 06:38 PM   #68
WatchLurv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
exactly what happened to me with the 5980 1R.
What a joke right? Paying "10%" above of what I should had.
Old 25 June 2019, 05:55 AM   #69
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The other watch is a 5180 1R. Although not desirable I think it’s beautiful. I could potentially substitute to a Grand complication. The point is the 5180 was a down the road piece for me, not at the top of my list, I simply mentioned I liked it a few months ago. I feel I’ve had 3 different requirements so far to acquire the 1R. I’m looking to acquire a handful of sports models over time, I just don’t like the way this has transpired and feel if I commit to this it literally does nothing for future purchases. I’ll be committed to over 200k in one year to this AD in the meantime (first watch was 5524r) and full msrp on everything and come next deal it will be same story.
never ever. i'd rather do without the 5711R than get a 5180. unwearable piece.
Old 25 June 2019, 06:03 AM   #70
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
What a joke right? Paying "10%" above of what I should had.
well, my story ended well, inasmuch i resisted all the sales pitches of this and that which they came forward with and finally they sold me the 5980 1R at list. for the fun of it i asked for a discount finally and they took 380 USD off the price:::)))) i found that really entertaining.
Old 25 June 2019, 06:33 AM   #71
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
well, my story ended well, inasmuch i resisted all the sales pitches of this and that which they came forward with and finally they sold me the 5980 1R at list. for the fun of it i asked for a discount finally and they took 380 USD off the price:::)))) i found that really entertaining.
well done you

maybe just maybe they asked the next on the so called list, and they didnt have the funds at that moment

we should never feel pressured and bulied slightly, as if we are extremely lucky
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 06:46 AM   #72
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
well done you

maybe just maybe they asked the next on the so called list, and they didnt have the funds at that moment

we should never feel pressured and bulied slightly, as if we are extremely lucky
i think they went down a couple of spots on the list and returned to me because i had the funds ready for payment:::)))
well, just as you say, we are willing to spend a lot of money (nautilus = a luxury car) on a watch, so we deserve to be treated well and not bullied into something we don't want. very similar things happened to me when buying contemporary art and i walked away more than once because of unreasonable sales pitches. i accept that the nautilus/aquanaut market is a vendor's market currently but i can live very well without nautilus model xxxx or aquanaut model yyyy.
Old 25 June 2019, 07:05 AM   #73
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
i think they went down a couple of spots on the list and returned to me because i had the funds ready for payment:::)))
well, just as you say, we are willing to spend a lot of money (nautilus = a luxury car) on a watch, so we deserve to be treated well and not bullied into something we don't want. very similar things happened to me when buying contemporary art and i walked away more than once because of unreasonable sales pitches. i accept that the nautilus/aquanaut market is a vendor's market currently but i can live very well without nautilus model xxxx or aquanaut model yyyy.

And I'm sure that AD has now found a great customer

It's good to say no sometimes,
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 07:24 AM   #74
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
And I'm sure that AD has now found a great customer

It's good to say no sometimes,
::::))) let us see how things go. i want a 5740 and then i am done with PP. might switch over to rolex, the hunt is more fun.
Old 25 June 2019, 07:40 AM   #75
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
::::))) let us see how things go. i want a 5740 and then i am done with PP. might switch over to rolex, the hunt is more fun.
Congrats on the 5980/1R, these days it is easy to get a 5740G compared to a 5980/1R. Hope you get the 5740G soon.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:00 PM   #76
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Well game over for me apparently. Even thou I was told pieces coming end of the month, today I found out that since I didn’t commit to 5180 they already sold to someone else and 11R never came in shipment. They aren’t expecting anything else till fall. Basically they politely told me to get back in line.
Old 25 June 2019, 01:03 PM   #77
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:
Well game over for me apparently. Even thou I was told pieces coming end of the month, today I found out that since I didn’t commit to 5180 they already sold to someone else and 11R never came in shipment. They aren’t expecting anything else till fall. Basically they politely told me to get back in line.

Sorry to hear that, but it really sounds like your first instincts were right. They changed the rules and then probably lied about the 5711R’s arrival. So despite a $50k prior purchase (5524R), they had no trouble blowing you off despite planning to spend another $50k (planned 5711R) with them this year with discussions of further purchases down the road. And despite the surprise bundle thrown at you, you were at least giving some thought to spending $200k if you went with the 5711R/5180 combo. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 5711R is coming in as expected, just not to you. Who knows what’s really in the safe waiting for the right opportunity to be a watch that “just came in the other day” for someone willing to play their game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 01:07 PM   #78
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
Sorry to hear that, but it really sounds like your first instincts were right. They changed the rules and then probably lied about the 5711R’s arrival. So despite a $50k prior purchase (5524R), they had no trouble blowing you off despite planning to spend another $50k (planned 5711R) with them this year with discussions of further purchases down the road. And despite the surprise bundle thrown at you, you were at least giving some thought to spending $200k if you went with the 5711R/5180 combo. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 5711R is coming in as expected, just not to you. Who knows what’s really in the safe waiting for the right opportunity to be a watch that “just came in the other day” for someone willing to play their game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
No doubt in my mind it came in. Not one
Old 25 June 2019, 03:02 PM   #79
WatchLurv
Banned

They get an allocation list (seen it multiple times) of what they'll receive for the year of 2019. This list can change with additional pieces added to it as per request and favour from Patek.

They will receive a 5711/1R. It's just not allocated to you.
I'm also sure the 5180R is still there and someone agreed to do the exact same bundle they offered you. ADs play games these days and they know a customer will always return for something else.
Old 25 June 2019, 03:37 PM   #80
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
5180 is one of the worst looking Pateks, even genuine, it looks like a fake watch.

Back to OP, even though many suggested to go elsewhere, but where? Patek sports line has become such a valuable commodity that with no prior purchase history or willingness to do a bundle buy, will the OP going to fare better elsewhere?
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:46 PM   #81
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Sorry for you. Maybe it's time to shop elsewhere?...
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote