The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 August 2020, 06:13 AM   #1
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Datejust 36 Bracelet Swap

I went to an AD today looking for a purple DJ 36 with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet. The AD had one in stock but it was fluted bezel with oyster bracelet. He offered to swap the oyster out and put a jubilee one on it and I was told it will not be a Frankenstein watch in anyway as the warranty card only shows the serial number and the model number. Can I confirm is this the case or does the warranty card tell what strap the watch came with?
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 06:26 AM   #2
Notepad12
"TRF" Member

Bracelet swaps are perfectly fine

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Notepad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 06:26 AM   #3
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

Not sure about the warranty card but maybe the serial if they look in their records. Either way as long as it's genuine you shouldn't have a problem with swapping bracelets. I do prefer fluted with oyster.
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 07:49 AM   #4
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notepad12 View Post
Bracelet swaps are perfectly fine

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Correct. This is fine on a dj. Shouldn’t affect anything.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 09:25 AM   #5
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I went to an AD today looking for a purple DJ 36 with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet. The AD had one in stock but it was fluted bezel with oyster bracelet. He offered to swap the oyster out and put a jubilee one on it and I was told it will not be a Frankenstein watch in anyway as the warranty card only shows the serial number and the model number. Can I confirm is this the case or does the warranty card tell what strap the watch came with?
In some countries I think warranty cards do list bracelet and dial combination. In most, they don't. Not sure about new warranty cards that came out this year. I assume none of them will show that. It is not a Frankenwatch as both dial and bracelet swaps are allowed on DJ provided that such a version is possible from Rolex themselves. For example diamond dials only come on fluted watches, so you can't get diamond dial in smooth bezel watch with a swap, but Oyster vs Jubilee is definitely always fine.
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 09:28 PM   #6
doramas
Banned

What's the purple DJ 36? You mean the blue one?
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 11:51 PM   #7
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doramas View Post
What's the purple DJ 36? You mean the blue one?

https://www.rolex.com/watches/dateju...6234-0021.html

It’s not the blue one. It’s the purple dial DJ 36 with diamond Roman numerals at 6 and 9 respectively.
Old 11 August 2020, 11:53 PM   #8
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgekart View Post
In some countries I think warranty cards do list bracelet and dial combination. In most, they don't. Not sure about new warranty cards that came out this year. I assume none of them will show that. It is not a Frankenwatch as both dial and bracelet swaps are allowed on DJ provided that such a version is possible from Rolex themselves. For example diamond dials only come on fluted watches, so you can't get diamond dial in smooth bezel watch with a swap, but Oyster vs Jubilee is definitely always fine.
I think I have seen both versions on the Rolex website. Just unsure if swapping of bracelet at the AD would mean it has differed from the configuration sent by Rolex to the AD and the warranty card would show it has been swapped. I was told no by the AD and the warranty card doesn’t show. No plans to sell it just want to make sure the whole set is correct before purchasing it.
Old 12 August 2020, 12:31 AM   #9
skyblue12
"TRF" Member

That's procedure is perfectly above board.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
skyblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 12:36 AM   #10
ppbskis
"TRF" Member

Datejust 36 Bracelet Swap

Quote:

It’s not the blue one. It’s the purple dial DJ 36 with diamond Roman numerals at 6 and 9 respectively.

Wow, thats a strikingly good looking piece. It definitely pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppbskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 12:39 AM   #11
javier
"TRF" Member

Buy the watch and additionally buy the jubilee bracelet if you can, so as to replace it to get the perfect combo
javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 02:01 AM   #12
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think I have seen both versions on the Rolex website. Just unsure if swapping of bracelet at the AD would mean it has differed from the configuration sent by Rolex to the AD and the warranty card would show it has been swapped. I was told no by the AD and the warranty card doesn’t show. No plans to sell it just want to make sure the whole set is correct before purchasing it.
Ask the AD to take a look at the warranty card. If it states the bracelet model, then it does. Should be 72800 for Oyster I think. If it's written somewhere on the card it is. Of it's not, it's not. It's not an issue either way. Rolex allows for bracelet replacements. If you're anal about things you'll notice the white hang tag with model number will be incorrect. For example it'll be a 126234-0021 for watch that came with purple dial on Jubilee from factory and 126234-022 for Oyster. But you're not supposed to receive the white hang tag anyway as it's for AD inventory only and even then nobody will say it's incorrect full set.
Old 12 August 2020, 02:10 AM   #13
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:

Damn.

To say that dial is beautiful is a severe understatement.

schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 03:02 AM   #14
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ask the AD to take a look at the warranty card. If it states the bracelet model, then it does. Should be 72800 for Oyster I think. If it's written somewhere on the card it is. Of it's not, it's not. It's not an issue either way. Rolex allows for bracelet replacements. If you're anal about things you'll notice the white hang tag with model number will be incorrect. For example it'll be a 126234-0021 for watch that came with purple dial on Jubilee from factory and 126234-022 for Oyster. But you're not supposed to receive the white hang tag anyway as it's for AD inventory only and even then nobody will say it's incorrect full set.
I have seen the warranty card personally from the AD during the discussion. The front of the warranty card only has the model number (126234) and the serial number. I don’t really know how to interpret the white hand tag but I would want it just for full collection sake. Anyway I’ve told him that I would be interested in buying that particular model but only in December as I just bought a white dial Datejust from him last week LOL. Need to save a few months and hopefully reward myself with a nice purple Datejust for Xmas :)

09D12F04-656A-4ED4-8AE0-C04E84C88BFD.jpeg
Old 12 August 2020, 03:05 AM   #15
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
Damn.

To say that dial is beautiful is a severe understatement.

I know right! I think a lot of people are too fixated with the blue dial to see the other great variations being offered. I was a bit apprehensive about buying a watch with diamonds.... but after seeing people confidently wear a Rainbow Daytona.... maybe having a few diamonds on the watch ain’t a bad thing 😉
Hopefully by Xmas I will get to purchase one.
Old 12 August 2020, 03:41 AM   #16
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have seen the warranty card personally from the AD during the discussion. The front of the warranty card only has the model number (126234) and the serial number. I don’t really know how to interpret the white hand tag but I would want it just for full collection sake. Anyway I’ve told him that I would be interested in buying that particular model but only in December as I just bought a white dial Datejust from him last week LOL. Need to save a few months and hopefully reward myself with a nice purple Datejust for Xmas :)

Attachment 1156469
Then the warranty card doesn't have bracelet in your locale. I'll include the white hang tag picture I found online. You can see it not only states the model 126300 which is smooth bezel DJ41, but also 0011 which is black Oyster. I think it's odds are Oysters and evens are Jubilees on DJ41 and the opposite on DJ36. But you most likely won't receive it with your watch anyway, so I wouldn't worry. Did you receive it with the one you just got?

If you're going to wait until December it's all moot point as most likely this exact watch will be gone. By then if he has another purple dial, take it, whether Oyster or Jubilee originally.
Old 12 August 2020, 03:47 AM   #17
doramas
Banned

Quote:

I didn't know him. It's very nice.
doramas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 04:42 AM   #18
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then the warranty card doesn't have bracelet in your locale. I'll include the white hang tag picture I found online. You can see it not only states the model 126300 which is smooth bezel DJ41, but also 0011 which is black Oyster. I think it's odds are Oysters and evens are Jubilees on DJ41 and the opposite on DJ36. But you most likely won't receive it with your watch anyway, so I wouldn't worry. Did you receive it with the one you just got?

If you're going to wait until December it's all moot point as most likely this exact watch will be gone. By then if he has another purple dial, take it, whether Oyster or Jubilee originally.
Thanks for the reply. I have told him I will get it during December and to keep an eye out for me if he has one around that period near Xmas. It also depends what Rolex is launching this year that’s why I’m holding out for a while to see if they have a green dial Datejust similar to the DD40. I got the white hang tag with the white dial Datejust that I bought recently.
Old 12 August 2020, 05:08 AM   #19
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

Probably irrelevant now but my 116234 did have the bracelet (ref number) on the warranty card. Not sure if the new ones do.

I’m actually more surprised an AD is willing to just swap bracelets for you before the sale. Hope it works out.
Old 12 August 2020, 05:45 AM   #20
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesupremedunk View Post
Probably irrelevant now but my 116234 did have the bracelet (ref number) on the warranty card. Not sure if the new ones do.

I’m actually more surprised an AD is willing to just swap bracelets for you before the sale. Hope it works out.
As I stated it has to do with country of warranty card. In some countries they do list the bracelet, in some they don't. I only know of a few countries that list it. I think I've seen it on some US cards, UK cards and Dutch cards. But many countries in Europe so it's not regional as in Asia vs Europe or anything like that. It's country dependent. I think even different LC codes in same country can be assigned to different distribution chain and one will list while the other won't.
Old 12 August 2020, 05:47 AM   #21
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I have told him I will get it during December and to keep an eye out for me if he has one around that period near Xmas. It also depends what Rolex is launching this year that’s why I’m holding out for a while to see if they have a green dial Datejust similar to the DD40. I got the white hang tag with the white dial Datejust that I bought recently.
If they release a DJ41 with olive dial similar to OP34 it might just make me trade my blue dial DJ for it. I've already been thinking about trading it for new green dial Chronomat.
Old 12 August 2020, 05:54 AM   #22
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

ive been trying on some DJ36s in AD in UK today and the salesman was discussing swapping jubilee / Oyster bracelets throughout the conversation. It's totally normal and fine.
Old 12 August 2020, 06:11 AM   #23
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesupremedunk View Post

I think the S.A. could probably sense my lust for the Datejust in that fluted, jubilee combination LOL. He’s very nice and we had a chat about a few things today. I honestly told him that I can’t buy the watch right now after buying one last week because I don’t make money flipping watches and we both laughed
Old 12 August 2020, 06:11 AM   #24
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If they release a DJ41 with olive dial similar to OP34 it might just make me trade my blue dial DJ for it. I've already been thinking about trading it for new green dial Chronomat.
I think we have reached peak Blue Hype. It’s time for the green wave!
Old 12 August 2020, 06:19 AM   #25
seanmulhern
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Icon12

Quote:
I would have done the same tbh. Wear it in good health!
seanmulhern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 11:21 AM   #26
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
I know right! I think a lot of people are too fixated with the blue dial to see the other great variations being offered. I was a bit apprehensive about buying a watch with diamonds.... but after seeing people confidently wear a Rainbow Daytona.... maybe having a few diamonds on the watch ain’t a bad thing
Hopefully by Xmas I will get to purchase one.

Unfortunately you’re right, some people are too fixated on what is popular, so much so that they don’t look at other options or try to find their own taste.

Yeah that watch is killer!

schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote