The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 February 2018, 08:57 PM   #1
Well:Timed
Banned

Hulk... real question ahead...

Now then, The Hulk vs Batman topics are getting a bit boring, every few days this question pops up... 'which one to go for'... the answer to this rather bland question is... WHATEVER YOU LIKE MOST.

Back in 2014 both where sitting in the window of an AD as i walked passed... had to go and try them both on... The hulk, although nice, its just too green and a limited wear watch, by that I mean it shouts too much on the wrist and the green clashes with a lot clothing colours... the BLNR on the other hand, much more toned down, the blue looks bright or dark depending on the light. Yes, the Hulk dial is amazing, the bezel also pings... but too much IMO.

Now, back to my question...

The Hulk hype is currently going off the scale, rumours that this is going to be discontinued shortly (to which NOTHING has been confirmed, despite what people are reporting for Ad's!) Prices are going through the roof due to 'talk'. My Ad is still taking orders! Soo... with all this in mind... the question...

Would the current hype / want / prices be as they are if NOTHING was said about this model... are we all creating inflated prices because of 'rumours' and playing into the hands of the grey market?

Also... I hear the Batman will be discontinued at the same time... !

Thoughts....
Well:Timed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Hulk... real question ahead...

I don't think the batman will be discontinued. It is fairly new. Somehow the hype is fueled by rolex cutting the supply which benefits the grey market. I don't know what is the benefit of rolex doing that
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:05 PM   #3
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Rolex has clearly limited supply to ADs recently and shorter supply equals higher demand which creates the hype and speculation.
We'll see what happens after Basel.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:12 PM   #4
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Okey
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:33 PM   #5
topfuel25
Banned

the next thing Louis Vuitton needs to do is to release some bag in green leather and limit supply of it to its boutiques worldwide and there u have the value of the bag shooting above its market worth
topfuel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:42 PM   #6
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
I heard Rolex is being discontinued
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:56 PM   #7
Chumpey
"TRF" Member

It's such rubbish all this. My brother in law walked into our local AD in Cambridgeshire, offered to pay cash for a steel sports rolex and low and behold; they had a Hulk in the safe. I'm not saying that's the case at all U.K. ADs, but I'm not buying the hype. The grey market is loving the herd mentality and rumour mill, but just look at the glut of Hulks on offer online! They're not shifting them at the currently over-inflated prices, and eventually something will have to give. Hang in there and don't believe everything you read.
Chumpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 09:59 PM   #8
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpey View Post
It's such rubbish all this. My brother in law walked into our local AD in Cambridgeshire, offered to pay cash for a steel sports rolex and low and behold; they had a Hulk in the safe. I'm not saying that's the case at all U.K. ADs, but I'm not buying the hype. The grey market is loving the herd mentality and rumour mill, but just look at the glut of Hulks on offer online! They're not shifting them at the currently over-inflated prices, and eventually something will have to give. Hang in there and don't believe everything you read.
cant be mappin and webb in cambridge
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 10:02 PM   #9
Chumpey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkalicious View Post
cant be mappin and webb in cambridge
It wasn't in Cambridge
Chumpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2018, 10:34 PM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I have heard from a few ADs that the LVc is getting discoed and the price action in Aug certainly signalled that, so I am still thinking it is faintly possible. As for new movements being put in, while I do think this is more likely, I have not heard or even read here I think, that ADs have been saying this, it is just the forum's speculation based on the SD43 and DJ41 etc.

We have presumed that some of the under-supply is because Rolex have been making the new designs, but they claim it is just a case of huge unanticipated demand, and their supply has not changed. The same happened in 2016 with a post Brexit demand surge so this did happen but what was frustrating was that Rolex have not addressed this imbalance in the UK with supply even until now, and they have said this year they will not try again either now the over-demand has spread worldwide, so markets will remain as is until the demand side changes.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote