The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2020, 03:54 AM   #1
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Icon19 anyone hear anything about ROLEX Basel 2020 Models?

I want to get a new ROLEX and had waited till Basel, but really I think they should put up the new models on their website because the show would have been going on Now!

I saw a few guesses on Monochrome. Anyone see the PM RG Daytona with Ceramic Bezel?

https://monochrome-watches.com/rolex...-watches-2020/

I put up link so folks can see where they are going if that's ok?

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 04:01 AM   #2
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
Old 4 May 2020, 04:07 AM   #3
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
I saw this week on IG that Rolex was going to be releasing some updates to existing models before the end of this year, but there won’t be anything new to the lineup. Who knows for sure until it’s announced by the crown.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 04:09 AM   #4
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

add pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ym.jpg (292.7 KB, 812 views)
File Type: jpg sub1.jpg (292.7 KB, 813 views)
File Type: jpg sub2.jpg (292.8 KB, 807 views)

Old 4 May 2020, 04:09 AM   #5
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

4/2021
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 05:15 AM   #6
Y4U
"TRF" Member

I like that Milgauss concept would be a neat update.
Y4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 05:48 AM   #7
glamorama
"TRF" Member

ohh that YM is hot!
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 05:54 AM   #8
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Wouldn't make sense from a business perspective to release models into an unstable market and in a way that risks the brand image. They should, and I think will, wait until April 2021 at their new show.
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 06:06 AM   #9
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I’ll start off by saying I have no sources or anything so I’m just using logic to make the following comments.

I’m sure they have been working on their 2020 releases for long enough that it’s too late to stop the release for too long. They would have had completed watches, watches in the assembly process and inventory of parts for the new releases long before they had to shut down. They also would likely be running low on inventory of watches, and parts for assembly of the watches that are set for discontinuation.

In order to maximize revenues, they have to sell the new watches, they could wait for a bit, but not too long. I’d guess they’ll do a lower profile release just before they start shipping to dealers. I was expecting this week, but no more than three months from now I’d guess.

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 06:32 AM   #10
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

My guess that any significant new models, such as a Pepsi, will be held back until April 2021. But small updates, such as new DateJust 36 colours, will be quietly released once the factory is open
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:16 AM   #11
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amochosto View Post
I’ll start off by saying I have no sources or anything so I’m just using logic to make the following comments.

I’m sure they have been working on their 2020 releases for long enough that it’s too late to stop the release for too long. They would have had completed watches, watches in the assembly process and inventory of parts for the new releases long before they had to shut down. They also would likely be running low on inventory of watches, and parts for assembly of the watches that are set for discontinuation.

In order to maximize revenues, they have to sell the new watches, they could wait for a bit, but not too long. I’d guess they’ll do a lower profile release just before they start shipping to dealers. I was expecting this week, but no more than three months from now I’d guess.
This.
If they started retooling before the shut down then they will need to start releasing new the models or model updates, they're not going to go back to making the older versions - - which means they will have to do a soft release sooner than later (all predicated on whether they were releasing anything new in the first place!). Rolex are reopen as of tomorrow... and clearing vault stock of existing models to keep the ADs afloat. This stock won't last long. And if they were in the middle of new model or model update production, might be just weeks away from news.
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:30 AM   #12
Dusko.Popov
"TRF" Member

Here is the question I have ... and I understand that no one but Rolex knows the answer but I’ll throw it out there anyway.

Let’s just say Rolex had decided to discontinue a model in 2020 ... for example the Air King. With the new model release delay (deciding instead to maintain status quo for longer than anticipated), does Rolex continue producing a model that they had otherwise planned to scrap?

And if so, I wonder if they can just turn the production faucet back on and start producing components for a watch that wasn’t supposed to continue its lifecycle beyond 2019. Or if Rolex instead just let’s the watch quietly phase out so us on the forums can start the speculation in September when some forum member notices that there hasn’t be an incoming for one since June and ads are saying they can’t be ordered any longer.
Dusko.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 09:21 AM   #13
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Well at this point most major brands did release their new ones despite covid-19. So not sure what Rolex deal is.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 09:42 AM   #14
jack1
"TRF" Member

Amochosto and Yess I think are onto something w their comments. From a production perspective that really makes sense. Or maybe I’m just being optimistic!
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 09:56 AM   #15
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

I think Rolex should come out with a few models, its been so nice seeing the other companies offerings while we can't really do much, and truth be told those releases wouldn't be out till fall minimum anyways! So it would let people put orders in for cool new stuff which would be great for the dealers to see...
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 11:18 AM   #16
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t think there’s been anything to suggest we are seeing new watches before 2021. Prob for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 11:30 AM   #17
Montremoi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y4U View Post
I like that Milgauss concept would be a neat update.
Yeah, the more I look at it, the more it makes me thing of a beefed-up Datejust (minus the date).

I think it's got a lot more personality than the lackluster current version.
Montremoi is offline   Reply With Quote