The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 September 2018, 06:17 AM   #1
endotreated
"TRF" Member

watchshopping.com any good?

Who has heard of them before?

Some prices are amazing for what's being offered... The specific watch I'm interested in is stated to have full box/paper, full manufacturer warranty...

They also seem to have great reviews... but I never heard of them before.

Anyone purchased from them?

Old 12 September 2018, 07:30 AM   #2
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Their FB page was updated first a few weeks ago - so that may pose some question. Not saying they aren't legit, but they are definitely new. And some of their prices are indeed very good - and I can't see any reviews of them whatsoever..
Old 12 September 2018, 08:07 AM   #3
endotreated
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
Their FB page was updated first a few weeks ago - so that may pose some question. Not saying they aren't legit, but they are definitely new. And some of their prices are indeed very good - and I can't see any reviews of them whatsoever..

Reviews I found are on their Chrono24 account
Old 12 September 2018, 08:30 AM   #4
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by endotreated View Post
Reviews I found are on their Chrono24 account
Missed that. Maybe other members can weigh in, never dealt with them.
Old 5 October 2018, 02:09 AM   #5
TimingIsEverything
Banned

I just ordered a DateJust 41 from them. They are courteous and do offer excellent pricing. I'll post back once I receive the watch tomorrow!
TimingIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 05:53 PM   #6
JacksonStone
Banned

Trustpilot also has reviews, all positive. That said, I don't know much about Trustpilot. I've not dealt with Watchshopping, but they got on my radar via Chrono24, when I was looking for a specific Omega model, the retail price of which is absurd. Watchshopping offers it new at a price that beats most pre-owned.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/watchshopping.com
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 08:14 AM   #7
Euge
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Watches
Any update with this webpage???
Saw them on Chrono24 and they have very good prices.

Thinking of getting a watch from them......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 07:58 AM   #8
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
I have been chatting with messages on Chrono24 with a fellow named Brandon about a Tudor BB and they have two listed Heritage Black 79230R-0003 and 79230R-004 and when I asked about the difference he stated the 03 was an older one but it was like $200 less than the 04 and $700 less than an AD so needless to say that’s a huge savings, was advised it comes with a factory warranty and card will be dated so if I follow thru I’m curious on the warranty date.

I have read lots of reviews and they seem legit...
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 10:17 PM   #9
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Well took the leap and ordered my Tudor Heritage BB from them thru Chrono24 so we will see how it goes, they were super easy to deal with and Brandon answered all my questions, will post up pics what it gets here
Old 2 August 2019, 03:38 AM   #10
grizzleb1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexoman View Post
Well took the leap and ordered my Tudor Heritage BB from them thru Chrono24 so we will see how it goes, they were super easy to deal with and Brandon answered all my questions, will post up pics what it gets here
How was your experience with this vendor? Did the watch check out?

Thanks.
grizzleb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:33 PM   #11
ahoy
"TRF" Member

Watchshopping is in the business of doing a bait-and-switch. I ordered an expensive Rolex Sky Dweller from them, and received something that did not match the pictures they sent me before purchase exactly. Specifically, they advertised that they would include a valid warranty card from Rolex, but I received a warranty card that was blank on one side.

I contacted them about this, and proposed multiple solutions including returning the watch for a refund per their advertised 14-day return policy and money-back-guarantee. Initially they said they will take it back, but not refund me in full, but later said they just would not take it back because they already have "too many" Sky Dwellers at the moment. That is NOT how a return policy works! And I also paid a premium for a complete set including a valid warranty card, and I did not receive what I paid for or promised, which is a clear bait-and-switch.

If I do not receive a full resolution here, I will be filing a civil suit per my attorney's advice. But regardless, I would highly suggest staying away from this company for your purchases. Liann Ho was my contact at the company. She is nice until you purchase the watch, but turns around as soon as you do. She will often be "contacting the managers" for a resolution, but will not be helpful. A highly corrupt operation, this, with an absolutely horrendous customer service when things go wrong.

Avoid at all costs!
ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 12:11 PM   #12
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoy View Post
That is NOT how a return policy works!
Technically they cannot even enforce a return policy if they do not sell you what they promised. A return policy is a term of the sale contract, which they breached by not delivering the goods as promised. Unfortunately, the only real way to force their hand is to sue them, so it's good you're thinking in those terms. Threats to that end, as well as reporting them to relevant law enforcement authorities, might help you avoid that route.

Thanks for the report. I have considered doing business with them in the past. This is good information to have. Please keep us posted on how this situation progresses.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2020, 01:24 PM   #13
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I'd like to bump this thread as I'm considering working with this company. Thanks.

ahoy, any updates on your situation? Honestly seems a little strange that you have only one post and seemingly one purpose here on the forum.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 03:05 PM   #14
socalsean
"TRF" Member

RE: Watchshopping.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I'd like to bump this thread as I'm considering working with this company. Thanks.

ahoy, any updates on your situation? Honestly seems a little strange that you have only one post and seemingly one purpose here on the forum.
Apparently they are sister company to The Watch Company which is a grey market dealer in Japan.
socalsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 09:38 AM   #15
Watch_a_holic
"TRF" Member

Watch: a_holic
Bought 3 high end watches from them. Also I’ve visited their TWC sister company store in Tokyo. Excellent professional service both online and in store. NEVER DOUBT THEM RECOMMENDED !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watch_a_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 08:58 PM   #16
RupertP
"TRF" Member

I registered to post that I had a really bad experience with WatchShopping as well. I have purchased from The Watch Company several times before and I am surprised to hear they may be related because the difference is night and day. I have been buying watches for several decades now, and I had never dealt with a worse customer service and company ideals. They do not deserve your business, trust me on this. Don't be tempted by their bottom dollar prices. You are getting bottom dollar service and scratched watches.
RupertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 09:07 PM   #17
RupertP
"TRF" Member

I was googling them to post my experience in other places, and I just found a longer discussion between ahoy above and the seller here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/watc...riences.91395/ That exchange is a clear example of what I am talking about!
RupertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 10:28 PM   #18
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

I have purchased a total of 3 watches from then and all were excellent experiences, they all came as full sets with factory warranties BNIB and when I had asked they lots of questions before each purchase they were super fast to respond so I would gladly deal with them again when looking for my next purchase
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Old 23 July 2020, 11:37 AM   #19
Ducati_Fiend
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
This place is apparently a hit or miss. Mine was a miss. I'll be steering clear after what happened to me today. Very unprofessional. Nuff said.
Ducati_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 01:43 PM   #20
Ekwity
"TRF" Member

Watch: —>
It’s hit or miss imo.

They’re mostly a middle man. Most of the watches they have listed aren’t even in hand. They source them from ADs/wholesalers. I’ve had 1 good experience and 1 really bad.
Bad one I was shipped a 18k Watch that was marked new. The box it was sent in was a box used from 5 years ago before the watch was even released and the inside was absolutely destroyed. Then my deployant clasp had issues and wouldn’t close properly.
I think with watches 1-8k they’re fine, I wouldn’t get anything high end from them, you’re taking a risk
Old 3 August 2020, 09:49 PM   #21
RW88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoy View Post
Watchshopping is in the business of doing a bait-and-switch. I ordered an expensive Rolex Sky Dweller from them, and received something that did not match the pictures they sent me before purchase exactly. Specifically, they advertised that they would include a valid warranty card from Rolex, but I received a warranty card that was blank on one side.

I contacted them about this, and proposed multiple solutions including returning the watch for a refund per their advertised 14-day return policy and money-back-guarantee. Initially they said they will take it back, but not refund me in full, but later said they just would not take it back because they already have "too many" Sky Dwellers at the moment. That is NOT how a return policy works! And I also paid a premium for a complete set including a valid warranty card, and I did not receive what I paid for or promised, which is a clear bait-and-switch.

If I do not receive a full resolution here, I will be filing a civil suit per my attorney's advice. But regardless, I would highly suggest staying away from this company for your purchases. Liann Ho was my contact at the company. She is nice until you purchase the watch, but turns around as soon as you do. She will often be "contacting the managers" for a resolution, but will not be helpful. A highly corrupt operation, this, with an absolutely horrendous customer service when things go wrong.

Avoid at all costs!
Please keepnus updated. Hope you get your money back.
RW88 is offline   Reply With Quote