The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2019, 06:16 AM   #31
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
This, exactly. Wempe carries a lot of great brands so you can morph from easier to get to more difficult. Start with buying a Lange 1815 which you can probably get for the low $20K range. At the same time buy a cheaper Jaeger at full price. As soon as you buy those tell your new best friend sales person that you want an A/P 15500. As soon as that comes in order a Submariner and at the same time buy an Oyster Perpetual, whatever they have in the case at full price. When your Submariner comes in, pick it up and buy a gold Cartier anything, also at full price. At that time order a Daytona in stainless. In less than 6 months you'll have your Daytona.

I’ve never purchased anything from Wempe (other than a beater Nomos that I use to go to LatAm) that wasn’t Rolex or Patek. They’ve always been very fair with price and have rewarded loyalty with access to tough to get watches.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 06:33 AM   #32
acaixguard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontHeadlock View Post
As someone who resides in the NYC suburbs, don't do this
Why's that?
acaixguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:09 AM   #33
Rodayyy
Banned

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by fel2718 View Post
I've heard good things about Sidney Thomas in NJ and Gerald Peters in Staten Island. An employee at Sidney Thomas has a social media account and responds to a lot of questions and seems super friendly.
Yes! Joey C is the man!!!!
Rodayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:42 AM   #34
lamnyc
"TRF" Member

You are better off crossing the river to New Jersey.
lamnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:26 AM   #35
BRP79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
I’ve never bought anything from Wempe, but I’ve always found the staff to be very helpful. I’d give them another try. I also like London Jewelers out in Manhasset. I’ve made a few purchases from them, and they are great to deal with.
Yea the people at Wempe were very nice but also admitted they have a lot of long standing customers who can't even get the pieces they want. Will check out LI, thank you!!
BRP79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:28 AM   #36
BRP79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodayyy View Post
Dean at London Jewlers in the Oculus, stellar guy. Ed Sherwood the manager is a great guy as well!

Michael Guzman at Wempe is also an extremely personable guy; always has gone above and beyond. I would certainly give them another shot.

Damian in the pre owned area of Tourneau on 53rd, we have spent countless hours talking watches. Sometimes he even brings out the platinum PP from safe and let’s me mess around. My friends for 20+ years have bought a few pieces here and there from him.

#1 would be Dean downtown, though.

Scott
Thanks Scott - the Torneau I work near is the one in Bryant Park, maybe I'll have better luck in mid-town. Appreciate the reccos
Old 20 April 2019, 10:29 AM   #37
BRP79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX0 View Post
Go to Watch Of Switerland in Soho and look for Richard Dagia. He was able to deliver what he promised within the time frame. Have a decent selection there.

The showroom is nice and have a lounge in the basement
Yeah I am working with him on something, good dude for sure. Agree that location is really stunning. Plus it's next to Material Good which is fun to go in and check out their pieces.
Old 20 April 2019, 10:33 AM   #38
BRP79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
I've always found the customer service at Wempe to be top-notch. Jules is my guy there and probably the best watch sales guy I've ever met.

OP - what exactly are you looking to add to your collection? Might be a pretty tough ask if you're going in the first time asking for something like a Daytona, BLRO, etc.
No I wasn't going in hot like that. I am happy with what I currently have, but just wanted to start meeting some people who can help me down the line when I will want something. I already owned and sold the Daytona and I have a BLNR so the BLRO while awesome I don't feel I need. Maybe a Hulk buy something for my wife at the same time would be the most I'd ask for. I'll go back and ask for Jules, thanks!
Old 20 April 2019, 11:20 AM   #39
nyc11
"TRF" Member

So I just had my run through all the NYC ADs, was on the hunt for a ND Sub, no purchase history and my first Rolex. Can’t say enough about Steve B at the Tourneau on 57th. Saw him April 8 or 9 can’t remember exactly and just got the call today to pick it up and did! He was extremely nice and honest, gave me his cell phone and we exchanged some texts. Did exactly as he told me and the consummate professional. I got lucky one came in but without him I would have missed it.

That said, the woman I spoke to at Wempe was very rude ad tried to get me to put a 500 deposit down, and wouldn’t tell me how many people put deposits down in front me, very strange interaction. Tourneau at Bryant park were fairly nice and took my info kindly. AD down in FiDi doesn’t do lists (it’s small) and neither does the AD in Oculus (spoke to John, nice guy). WoS in Hudson yards is just mobbed with tourists constantly and too stressful and not worth it to me. Think the WoS in SoHo weren’t that friendly and get the hint they were angling for package deals.

All that said, depends who you talk to but story here is it’s not impossible in nyc.

Hope that helps!
nyc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 11:56 AM   #40
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
Why's that?
Because we want the watches for ourselves.

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 12:49 PM   #41
nyc11
"TRF" Member

So I just had my run through all the NYC ADs, was on the hunt for a ND Sub, no purchase history and my first Rolex. Can’t say enough about Steve B at the Tourneau on 57th. Saw him April 8 or 9 can’t remember exactly and just got the call today to pick it up and did! He was extremely nice and honest, gave me his cell phone and we exchanged some texts. Did exactly as he told me and the consummate professional. I got lucky one came in but without him I would have missed it.

That said, the woman I spoke to at Wempe was very rude ad tried to get me to put a 500 deposit down, and wouldn’t tell me how many people put deposits down in front me, very strange interaction. Tourneau at Bryant park were fairly nice and took my info kindly. AD down in FiDi doesn’t do lists (it’s small) and neither does the AD in Oculus (spoke to John, nice guy). WoS in Hudson yards is just mobbed with tourists constantly and too stressful and not worth it to me. Think the WoS in SoHo weren’t that friendly and get the hint they were angling for package deals.

All that said, depends who you talk to but story here is it’s not impossible in nyc.

Hope that helps!
nyc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:05 PM   #42
liebs520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodayyy View Post
Damian in the pre owned area of Tourneau on 53rd, we have spent countless hours talking watches. Sometimes he even brings out the platinum PP from safe and let’s me mess around. My friends for 20+ years have bought a few pieces here and there from him.

Met this guy recently, he was great. Didn’t buy anything but really enjoyed chatting with him. He seems like a real watch guy, a lot more knowledgeable than some of the other Tourneau amateurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liebs520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:50 PM   #43
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRP79 View Post
No I wasn't going in hot like that. I am happy with what I currently have, but just wanted to start meeting some people who can help me down the line when I will want something. I already owned and sold the Daytona and I have a BLNR so the BLRO while awesome I don't feel I need. Maybe a Hulk buy something for my wife at the same time would be the most I'd ask for. I'll go back and ask for Jules, thanks!
Last time I was there just to kill time, the sales rep was awesome. He literally made me try on the ALS 1815 I was ogling, just for fun, and he was more than happy just to show me around the recently renovated shop. I’ve never bought anything from Wempe, but he did follow up a few weeks ago to let me know he had a CHNR available. I’m definitely going to try to buy my next watch from them.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote