"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Sharp!

Enjoy it!
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:20 AM   #6
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Very nice pickup, from one Funky blue owner to another.
What do you think so far?

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:31 AM   #7
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Sweet!
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:34 AM   #8
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Btw, is it just me, or have their been a rash of Moser incomings these past few months?

Old 20 April 2019, 10:39 AM   #9
Jocke
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Congrats to a really cool watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Btw, is it just me, or have their been a rash of Moser incomings these past few months?
It looks like the SS Rolex money going elsewhere.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:42 AM   #10
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Beautiful, congratulations
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 11:04 AM   #11
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very nice pickup, from one Funky blue owner to another.
What do you think so far?
Love it. The dial and the overall watch is very understated and can be worn for all occasions. Dial is gorgeous. The movement is nice too. However, I have a Lange 1 and Journe CB and invariably comparing the movement to those two in my mind and I think it’s not fair.

I wish Moser made more watches in size 40mm and below. The Venturer series, which is 39.2mm if memory serves me right, has a glass surface that is too reflective. The Pioneer series is too big for someone like me who has 6.5 inch wrist. Thus currently Endeavor collection is the only option for me.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 11:21 AM   #12
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Congrats to a really cool watch.

It looks like the SS Rolex money going elsewhere.
Haha. Yes, it seems like other brands are benefiting. I think this is a great thing; people are venturing out of their comfort zone and starting to realize the value of independents.

Old 20 April 2019, 12:02 PM   #13
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Love it. The dial and the overall watch is very understated and can be worn for all occasions. Dial is gorgeous. The movement is nice too. However, I have a Lange 1 and Journe CB and invariably comparing the movement to those two in my mind and I think it’s not fair.

I wish Moser made more watches in size 40mm and below. The Venturer series, which is 39.2mm if memory serves me right, has a glass surface that is too reflective. The Pioneer series is too big for someone like me who has 6.5 inch wrist. Thus currently Endeavor collection is the only option for me.
Glad you like it .

Agree on the movement. Moser movements are nicely finished, but not to the level of higher end Lange pieces. But, that’s okay with me. For the price point, I think it’s very well done.

For your exact reasons, the Endeavour line is the only one I find suitable as well. I would like to see them expand out the complications for the 40mm Endeavor series. Maybe a regulator. A retrograde seconds. Or shrinking down the jumping hours. I think I heard they are working on a chronograph movement. Hoping, if true, it makes its way into a 40mm case.

Old 20 April 2019, 12:28 PM   #14
Richie070
"TRF" Member

Congrats!!! That’s sharp, enjoy!!
Richie070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:00 PM   #15
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Glad you like it .

Agree on the movement. Moser movements are nicely finished, but not to the level of higher end Lange pieces. But, that’s okay with me. For the price point, I think it’s very well done.

For your exact reasons, the Endeavour line is the only one I find suitable as well. I would like to see them expand out the complications for the 40mm Endeavor series. Maybe a regulator. A retrograde seconds. Or shrinking down the jumping hours. I think I heard they are working on a chronograph movement. Hoping, if true, it makes its way into a 40mm case.

We should exchange notes on independents :). I think I am happy with one Moser for the time being. I am strongly tempted by Grönefeld Principia line, perhaps my next independent purchase. Except CB, all other current production Journe watches are 40mm (48mm lug to lug) and sit big on my wrist because of their flat shapes. I find Laurent Ferrier plain looking and too pricey for what the brand offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 April 2019, 09:09 PM   #16
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We should exchange notes on independents :). I think I am happy with one Moser for the time being. I am strongly tempted by Grönefeld Principia line, perhaps my next independent purchase. Except CB, all other current production Journe watches are 40mm (48mm lug to lug) and sit big on my wrist because of their flat shapes. I find Laurent Ferrier plain looking and too pricey for what the brand offers.

Great minds think alike. Haha
Have you checked out Urban Jurgensen?

Btw, the 40mm Journe CS also doesn't fit my wrist (I'm on the list for the CB, which fit perfectly). Wish he would scale down the CS to be 39mm, then I'd have more options.

Old 20 April 2019, 10:18 PM   #17
nick c
Banned

Very cool piece. Congratulations
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:24 PM   #18
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations. I have always like this watch and the strap is very strong with the dial color.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:53 PM   #19
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Congrats, beautiful watch. Could you explain your comments on the venturer series vs the endeavor with regards to the reflective crystal. I had a 39 venturer which fit my 6.5 great but I sold it due to the reflective crystal that detracted from that beautiful dial as you could never see all of it. I figured all their watches were as reflective. Is that not the case?
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:38 AM   #20
capote
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Looks great, hadn’t seen that case before
capote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:19 AM   #21
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Congrats, beautiful watch. Could you explain your comments on the venturer series vs the endeavor with regards to the reflective crystal. I had a 39 venturer which fit my 6.5 great but I sold it due to the reflective crystal that detracted from that beautiful dial as you could never see all of it. I figured all their watches were as reflective. Is that not the case?
The Endeavour sapphire isn't doomed like the venturer. I suspect this dramatic dome is what causes most of the reflective issues that people have had with the Venturer.
I can also speak from experience, as I have the same watch as OP, and have not had any issues with reflection.

Old 21 April 2019, 03:54 AM   #22
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

I will agree with speedmaster. The Endeavor series has some reflection but not at the same level as Venturer. I tried both Venturer and Endeavor at at AD and although the Venturer fit my wrist better, there was no way I could it wear it on a daily basis.

Old 21 April 2019, 04:02 AM   #23
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great minds think alike. Haha

Have you checked out Urban Jurgensen?

Btw, the 40mm Journe CS also doesn't fit my wrist (I'm on the list for the CB, which fit perfectly). Wish he would scale down the CS to be 39mm, then I'd have more options.

It’s amazing how both Endeavor and Journe CS are 40mm (48mm lug to lug) but wear differently. I recently read an interview of Mr. Journe and there are no plans to ever make a 38mm regular size again. Same was confirmed by a boutique manager who I frequently interact with. There is a possibility of a 39mm special edition watch, just like the Holland & Holland watch, but at least not for the next 2 years as per the boutique manager.

I have seen Urban Jurgensen and they don’t appeal to me. I am also a little concerned that there has been too many changes with the ownership and the brand is still not well known despite being in existence for such a long time. With brands such as LF and Grönefeld, you can make the case that they are new. For Moser, you can make the case that the brand was revived in early 2000s and is on the upward trend. Not sure the same logic will hold true for Urban Jurgensen.

Old 21 April 2019, 05:45 AM   #24
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s amazing how both Endeavor and Journe CS are 40mm (48mm lug to lug) but wear differently. I recently read an interview of Mr. Journe and there are no plans to ever make a 38mm regular size again. Same was confirmed by a boutique manager who I frequently interact with. There is a possibility of a 39mm special edition watch, just like the Holland & Holland watch, but at least not for the next 2 years as per the boutique manager.

I have seen Urban Jurgensen and they don’t appeal to me. I am also a little concerned that there has been too many changes with the ownership and the brand is still not well known despite being in existence for such a long time. With brands such as LF and Grönefeld, you can make the case that they are new. For Moser, you can make the case that the brand was revived in early 2000s and is on the upward trend. Not sure the same logic will hold true for Urban Jurgensen.

I can’t understand the logic of killing off all 38mm models and leaving 39mm only for special editions. But, he knows better than me I guess. I did love the Holland and Holland when I saw it, but th price was hard to justify. Plus, I don’t really like watches without a seconds hand; I need constant action.

I kind of disagree about UJ. Sure, there have been management changes, but I see the current regime as being very committed to keeping quality and tradition in tact. I also kind of like the fact that they are unknown. Not great for resale, I’m sure, but something about having a watch from an independent that even most WIS have never heard of appeals to me.

Back to Moser. I might have the good fortune of having a dinner with Ed Meylan this summer. Hopefully he doesn’t mind some constructive criticism regarding more 40mm variety and a greater variety of complications for the Endeavor 40mm line. Haha

Old 21 April 2019, 06:14 AM   #25
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can’t understand the logic of killing off all 38mm models and leaving 39mm only for special editions. But, he knows better than me I guess. I did love the Holland and Holland when I saw it, but th price was hard to justify. Plus, I don’t really like watches without a seconds hand; I need constant action.

I kind of disagree about UJ. Sure, there have been management changes, but I see the current regime as being very committed to keeping quality and tradition in tact. I also kind of like the fact that they are unknown. Not great for resale, I’m sure, but something about having a watch from an independent that even most WIS have never heard of appeals to me.

Back to Moser. I might have the good fortune of having a dinner with Ed Meylan this summer. Hopefully he doesn’t mind some constructive criticism regarding more 40mm variety and a greater variety of complications for the Endeavor 40mm line. Haha

I would give him that advice, he will just open up the brand for a lot more people. A smaller version of the diver in 39mm size will also be great.

Old 21 April 2019, 11:15 AM   #26
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Very nice!
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 05:32 AM   #27
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
gorgeous watch! congratulations!
Old 22 April 2019, 10:31 PM   #28
christianj
Banned

Congrats and welcome to the Moser owners club. I am sure you will find yourself constantly staring at the beautiful dial.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 03:30 PM   #29
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

what kind of discounts are people generally seeing? wanted a pioneer blue or green when they first came out, but dealers were asking full msrp since they were so new. i also remember the company admitting several years ago that the level of finishing had to come down as it was cost prohibitive, are there any noticeable issues with this?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 08:30 PM   #30
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
what kind of discounts are people generally seeing? wanted a pioneer blue or green when they first came out, but dealers were asking full msrp since they were so new. i also remember the company admitting several years ago that the level of finishing had to come down as it was cost prohibitive, are there any noticeable issues with this?
I haven't heard anything about scaling down quality/ finishing. Depending upon your relationship with an AD, 20-25% should not be too difficult.