The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Gimpgimp12
"TRF" Member

Question about serial numbers for watches produced after 2010

Hello TRF members,

I have a question about serial numbers. So, I've heard that beginning in 2010Rolex switched over to random serial numbers for their watches. Does this mean that if I'm looking for a Milgauss produced in 2010, there would be no way for me to verify that info? Any help would be appreciated
Gimpgimp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2013, 01:40 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpgimp12 View Post
Hello TRF members,

I have a question about serial numbers. So, I've heard that beginning in 2010Rolex switched over to random serial numbers for their watches. Does this mean that if I'm looking for a Milgauss produced in 2010, there would be no way for me to verify that info? Any help would be appreciated
There was never a 100% way by any internet chart to say exact date when any Rolex was made.With these charts we could get a approx year when the case or clasp was stamped this don't always mean when the watch was made.At the moment we have G single letter serial with 6 numbers, and the so called random serial a mixture of letters numbers total of 8 digits both running in the same time frame.And all this can tell us these cases were stamped any time from the latter part of 2010 till present time, even a V letter serial could be 2010.And over the years many serials overlapped a few years,and watches like the Milgauss are not the fastest sellers.And if buying new from any AD no matter the serial they all get the same two year warranty.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Tooomey
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step...
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
There was never a 100% way by any internet chart to say exact date when any Rolex was made.With these charts we could get a approx year when the case or clasp was stamped this don't always mean when the watch was made.At the moment we have G single letter serial with 6 numbers, and the so called random serial a mixture of letters numbers total of 8 digits both running in the same time frame.And all this can tell us these cases were stamped any time from the latter part of 2010 till present time, even a V letter serial could be 2010.And over the years many serials overlapped a few years,and watches like the Milgauss are not the fastest sellers.And if buying new from any AD no matter the serial they all get the same two year warranty.

That's about all of it wrapped up and delivered in Rolex Box.

I asked same question some weeks ago and got same answer. I'll add this, don't worry about date if it's new and your going to wear it.

Buy it and enjoy!
Old 16 October 2013, 05:25 AM   #4
Micha
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1675
How would you tell 20 years from now if there were no original papers with the watch?
Old 16 October 2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
How would you tell 20 years from now if there were no original papers with the watch?
The same way we always used to tell the approximate date before the Internet.. Research and knowledge of the fonts, movements and small tells that vary slightly from year to year..