The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 17 April 2019, 03:43 PM   #1
jjdesq
"TRF" Member

Are the sea dweller 4K and submariner bracelet exactly the same?

I have owned my sea dweller 4K for a few years now and my submariner date(116610ln) for a couple of months and have noticed differences in their bracelets. Both were purchased new with stickers. My sea dweller has the textured finish on the inside of the clasp with the black Rolex writing while my submariner has the high polish and high polish Rolex writing inside the clasp. My sea dweller bracelet seems to be tighter and slightly better made than my submariner bracelet which has slightly more play almost like it was broken in when I bought it which it wasn’t. It isn’t a huge difference but enough to notice. I think because they are not exactly the same from time to time I wonder if the sub could be a a couple thousand dollar copy. I don’t have access to compare to other rolexes or clones. Do the bracelets vary to small degrees in their assembly as far as tolerances go? Or do any of you have a simililar experience or observation or might be willing to check your own watches for me? Thanks guys.
jjdesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 04:40 PM   #2
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I think (may be wrong) the polished part you refer to was introduced around 2016/2017??

If you bought your sub from a reputable source I would imagine it's a genuine bracelet.

I would also imagine most, if not all SD4K bracelets have the sand blasted effect due to when they were produced.

As far as the loose feeling you get fro your Sub bracelet, sorry can't comment on that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 09:20 PM   #3
2024 Pledge Member

The two bracelets are different and have different reference numbers. The endlinks on the SD4K bracelet are shorter, plus as Swiss Mad! mentioned above the SD4K clasp is sandblasted where only some Sub clasp blades are. The SD4K bracelet also contains a dive extension where the Sub bracelet includes a half-link. These two parts are interchangeable, however.

Tolerances are the same on all of them from what I've seen. What you're experiencing is simply the design differences between the two.

HTH
037 is offline   Reply With Quote