The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2019, 12:54 AM   #31
r_afficionado
Banned

Watch: a few
Thanks all for ur sentiments.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
r_afficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 12:55 AM   #32
e dantes
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully no one was hurt. Enjoy the replacement as much as you can.
e dantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 12:56 AM   #33
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Seems shady.
Old 20 April 2019, 12:56 AM   #34
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_afficionado View Post
This is what police Detective said...

I used to live in Tucson. There was a movie theater near I-10 from which cars were frequently taken and in Mexico prior to the owners having finished the show.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:03 AM   #35
rtalk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710T
it sucks such crappy people are out there. also in SD there was a chrono24 theft.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/04/08/...sing-as-buyer/
116519 Grey dial Oysterflex Daytona. 116500 Black. 116710BLNR. 16710T. Rolex Explorer I 39MM. 4 digit DateJust. JLC Master Control with Sector Dial. Omega FOIS. Grand Seiko Four Seasons (Spring Version). Tudor Royal. IWC Cal 83 (~1940s). 41MM sub. Omega CK859.
rtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:10 AM   #36
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Seems shady.
What seems "Shady" please elaborate..

Old 20 April 2019, 01:35 AM   #37
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novae500 View Post
strong arm robbery with a weapon used in public street or did you go out partying and woke up with out it on your wrist in a hotel room?
I think it's the latter :)
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:43 AM   #38
OpusXIII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DJ
I think what he may mean by something seeming 'shady' is that you ask for everyone to be on the lookout, yet offer NO clue as to how the watch was purportedly stolen. That is, other than saying, 'Long story....Off wrist....' Those responses bring with them more questions than they do answers.

With that, what the hell happened? How'd it get stolen/taken? Long story? As was mentioned above, we've got time. Do tell.
Old 20 April 2019, 01:49 AM   #39
Caynuck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Seems shady.
Yes very shady very slim shady.....
Old 20 April 2019, 01:55 AM   #40
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusXIII View Post
I think what he may mean by something seeming 'shady' is that you ask for everyone to be on the lookout, yet offer NO clue as to how the watch was purportedly stolen. That is, other than saying, 'Long story....Off wrist....' Those responses bring with them more questions than they do answers.

With that, what the hell happened? How'd it get stolen/taken? Long story? As was mentioned above, we've got time. Do tell.
It was stolen. I do not want to give more detail. Why is that such a big problem? I understand the curiosity, that said, I am not compelled to share what happened with details. I am just asking if you can please keep an eye out for my stolen watch, as we are a watch loving community. That is all. How many of you like reliving traumatic events??? I do not know any of you personally and you are asking me to share events that are traumatic, I have not shared details with anyone other than the police and my wife (for those of you assuming the party route), police recommended NOT to share details. I hope you all can understand. God bless.

Old 20 April 2019, 02:01 AM   #41
Jonesy2099
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It was stolen. I do not want to give more detail. Why is that such a big problem? I understand the curiosity, that said, I am not compelled to share what happened with details. I am just asking if you can please keep an eye out for my stolen watch, as we are a watch loving community. That is all. How many of you like reliving traumatic events??? I do not know any of you personally and you are asking me to share events that are traumatic, I have not shared details with anyone other than the police and my wife (for those of you assuming the party route), police recommended NOT to share details. I hope you all can understand. God bless.

Fair enough...I’m struggling to think why the police would recommend not to share details. Knowledge of any crime committed would help the watch loving community? And while the event might be traumatic, sharing might stop any community member going through what you’re going through, or it just might be therapeutic!
Jonesy2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:02 AM   #42
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
I get it. and am in agreement about privacy or just not want to share the specific details. At the end of the day, it's none of our business.

It's also assumed (correctly or incorrectly) that when someone puts out more info than the stolen watch serial # (e.g. replacement watch pic, the city where it happened), people expect the whole story. Maybe because of past theft threads post here.

Quote:

jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:03 AM   #43
albertf
"TRF" Member

my guess was that he was visiting a massage parlor/pro until he mentioned that he shared the story with his wife
albertf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:08 AM   #44
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Robert Kraft is a member here? jeez. everyone uses the 'ol world wide innerwebs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertf View Post
my guess was that he was visiting a massage parlor/pro ....
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:11 AM   #45
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post
I get it. and am in agreement about privacy or just not want to share the specific details. At the end of the day, it's none of our business.

It's also assumed (correctly or incorrectly) that when someone puts out more info than the stolen watch serial # (e.g. replacement watch pic, the city where it happened), people expect the whole story. Maybe because of past theft threads post here.
I only shared location as it was asked and I thought folks in SD / SoCal could identify if offered to them. I shared replacement pic info, as there are pics of my replacement watch (that looks identical to stolen one) on forum and thought some folks would get confused on timeline. As to Police recommended not to share details I could not say...

Old 20 April 2019, 02:18 AM   #46
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Sorry for your loss but you're asking us for help in finding your stolen watch but won't reciprocate with details about the theft, which may help the rest of the community avoid a similar fate. As stated, your one-word answers are a little strange.
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:43 AM   #47
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Sorry to hear, hope it is found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:49 AM   #48
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Giving your unwillingness to discuss the matter, which by the way could be very helpful to forums members of what to be on the alert for, you probably should not have started the thread and kept all your affairs private on this matter.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:02 AM   #49
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Sorry this happened to you and I can tell it's too painful for you to discuss in detail. I totally respect that. I know it sucks, but it's just a watch and I presume you were not physically harmed. Everything will be alright....until your Padres play my Dodgers.
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:04 AM   #50
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Sorry this happened to you and I can tell it's too painful for you to discuss in detail. I totally respect that. I know it sucks, but it's just a watch and I presume you were not physically harmed. Everything will be alright....until your Padres play my Dodgers.
I actually live in Phoenix and am from SF Bay Area, so go GIANTS! LOL. Thank you for your words and understanding.

Old 20 April 2019, 03:04 AM   #51
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Giving your unwillingness to discuss the matter, which by the way could be very helpful to forums members of what to be on the alert for, you probably should not have started the thread and kept all your affairs private on this matter.
Sorry you feel this way...

Old 20 April 2019, 03:06 AM   #52
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac478 View Post
Sorry for your loss but you're asking us for help in finding your stolen watch but won't reciprocate with details about the theft, which may help the rest of the community avoid a similar fate. As stated, your one-word answers are a little strange.
Have given multiple MANY WORD answers. Sorry it does not satisfy your need to know, not trying to be rude but I do not feel comfortable sharing hope you understand. God bless.

Old 20 April 2019, 03:08 AM   #53
ppalasthira
Banned

Watch: SubC.5711.D500
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppalasthira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:10 AM   #54
Caynuck
"TRF" Member

God Bless you too and may you find your watch
Old 20 April 2019, 03:43 AM   #55
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Please, guys, stop badgering the OP about his loss.

Obviously this is painful for him to share, and the story of what actually occurred is no one else's business if he cares not to share, no matter our "curiosity factor".

He provided some necessary info so we can help in the search.

Were it me, I would share the story. But I am not the OP.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 04:29 AM   #56
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Please, guys, stop badgering the OP about his loss.

Obviously this is painful for him to share, and the story of what actually occurred is no one else's business if he cares not to share, no matter our "curiosity factor".

He provided some necessary info so we can help in the search.

Were it me, I would share the story. But I am not the OP.
Agreed.

OP - very sorry to hear about this happening. Fingers crossed there are some positive updates on getting your DD back.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 04:38 AM   #57
Kamen
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about your loss, and I truly hope you will be able to recover your watch.

A traveling band of gypsies broke in to my parents home many years ago and lifted the whole safe. My father lost many a good piece and it took awhile for him to recover.

That being said, this is the internet and generally no details no care. I believe many want to know what happened and emphasize greatly with you.

Also, since you were able to get a replacement, you are obviously in a comfortable spot of life; better than most. So do not fret; material possessions are replaceable. If it was taken off your wrist as you have alluded to, then I think we are all glad you are unscathed.
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 04:59 AM   #58
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

It is a problem because you want us to help you but you want to give us nothing?

We are not asking for fun we want to know as we are all in a similar situation and we should help each other avoid dangerous situations. It might also help your peace of mind to turn this into something positive and help others.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 05:54 AM   #59
r_afficionado
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It is a problem because you want us to help you but you want to give us nothing?

We are not asking for fun we want to know as we are all in a similar situation and we should help each other avoid dangerous situations. It might also help your peace of mind to turn this into something positive and help others.
You do not have to help. I did not know this was quid pro quo???

I understand that you want to know as it may help some avoid what happened to me, as I said not trying to be rude but I do not feel comfortable sharing, sorry.

If you bump into a dd that matches the description in this thread and matches the SN# and choose not to help because I did not share my story with you, that is up to you...

As far as therapeutic aspect as many have eluded to it... my wife is a licensed marriage and family therapist. I get all the help I need emotionally, I also have a deep rooted faith and find solace and support in my faith.

May God bless you.

Old 20 April 2019, 06:33 AM   #60
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Can you confirm or deny that it was lost in a similar manner to the reported Southern California watch robberies that have been posted about on this forum and many news sites in the last month or so? Usually a thief posing as a buyer and then running off with the watch....
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote