The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 April 2019, 12:34 PM   #1
Dqman
"TRF" Member

Another Tumi post

I know Tumi runs sales every so often. I am going to Chicago this weekend and have been in a Tumi store there. Planning on stopping by there again to seriously look at making a purchase. My carry on has finally gave up the ghost so it's time to invest in a good quality bag. Tumi runs sales every so often but there was a post quite awhile ago talking about a once a year sale they run that if I remember right was their biggest. I tried searching and couldn't come up with it. Anyone know when that sale is and/or what they would consider one of Tumi's "good" sales as far as percentage off? Last time I was there they were running a 20% off sale. I can hold off if it's going to be worth it. Thanks for any and all help.
Dqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Paul would know

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 01:41 PM   #3
rodo
"TRF" Member

Just got an email today about additional 40% off sale items at outlet stores until I think Tuesday
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 02:44 PM   #4
tseiff
"TRF" Member

Go Rimowa !!
tseiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 09:54 PM   #5
Keadog
"TRF" Member

I have both Rimowa and Tumi. Given the choice, I would select Rimowa but I've grown to like my soft sided Tumi briefcase well enough. It's holding up "OK" but i do see some signs of wear that I wouldn't expect after only a couple years.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 09:56 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Paul would know
I think he’s on the board
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 10:10 PM   #7
Slippy Chips
"TRF" Member

You just missed the 20% off at the retail stores. Next one won’t be until after summer. However, the outlets just sent out an email that they’re offering an additional 40% off. If you can make it by an outlet then you might be able to find a deal. Sometimes you can call and they can tell you what they have in stock. You can’t search their inventory online.
Outlets can be hit and miss though. They carry some regular Tumi items. But a lot of what they sell are items made for the Tumi Outlet. Still made by Tumi but you can tell there is a drop off in the materials and construction
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:10 AM   #8
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Chips View Post
You just missed the 20% off at the retail stores. Next one won’t be until after summer. However, the outlets just sent out an email that they’re offering an additional 40% off. If you can make it by an outlet then you might be able to find a deal. Sometimes you can call and they can tell you what they have in stock. You can’t search their inventory online.
Outlets can be hit and miss though. They carry some regular Tumi items. But a lot of what they sell are items made for the Tumi Outlet. Still made by Tumi but you can tell there is a drop off in the materials and construction
Right on the spot on both accounts,Tumi. the Tumi 20% just ended, probably again in September ish. Outlets are a great option but their selection is hit or miss, some of the items are regular tumi products that were returned, or with a slight defect or something, but most are outlet-specific, with features slightly less then normal Tumi. Either way, best of luck!

My suggestion for a carry on would be either the Alpha 3, or the one I use is the Arrive. They run about $750 and $1,500 respectively.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:27 AM   #9
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’ve got an Alpha 2 carry on that goes with me everywhere. Great carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:12 AM   #10
Dqman
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the responses. In Chicago and heading out soon to take a look. May have to wait till Sept but you never know. Thanks again all.
Dqman is offline   Reply With Quote