The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 April 2022, 08:20 PM   #1
RHCH
"TRF" Member

Quick Release Strap Options

Hi Guys

Recently purchased my first Panerai 1271. It has the quick release strap system. I'm wondering if you know what straps are available with this system? I really want to get the official rubber straps. Does that mean I have to give up on the quick release system? I read on their website that quick release straps and normal straps have different spring bars.

Will pop to the boutique this weekend. Just want to prepare myself beforehand.
RHCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2022, 03:05 AM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Enjoy the new watch! :-)

The straps aren’t furnished with spring bars.

Interesting that Panerai’s website shows the watch without the quick release buttons. Their website never ceases to amaze. ;-)
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2022, 10:43 AM   #3
cramsey
"TRF" Member

Pretty much any OEM strap will work with any of their spring bar systems.
cramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:48 AM   #4
RHCH
"TRF" Member

Just came back from the boutique. Experience is a bit mehhh… they don’t have many rubber straps in stock. No quick release rubber strap. Standard one is only in black. Still using my quick release spring bar. Quick release strap option is none.
Old 24 April 2022, 06:13 AM   #5
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCH View Post
Hi Guys

Recently purchased my first Panerai 1271. It has the quick release strap system. I'm wondering if you know what straps are available with this system? I really want to get the official rubber straps. Does that mean I have to give up on the quick release system? I read on their website that quick release straps and normal straps have different spring bars.

Will pop to the boutique this weekend. Just want to prepare myself beforehand.
So your Quaranta has the quick release system?

In this video, their watch does not and uses the regular Panerai screw system. Only the strap is quick release, but that doesn't matter as you can use regular straps as well.
https://youtu.be/jyAAcmkTHrI?t=176

EDIT: Never mind, I misread your question. Sorry about that
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 06:17 AM   #6
RHCH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcii View Post
So your Quaranta has the quick release system?

In this video, their watch does not and uses the regular Panerai screw system. Only the strap is quick release, but that doesn't matter as you can use regular straps as well.
Yes, only the strap is quick release. similar system on Due. they are doing really badly i have to say, as in the boutique, there's no compatible quick release straps i can buy. what's the point of quick release strap, if no quick release straps are available..
Old 24 April 2022, 05:43 PM   #7
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCH View Post
Just came back from the boutique. Experience is a bit mehhh… they don’t have many rubber straps in stock. No quick release rubber strap. Standard one is only in black. Still using my quick release spring bar. Quick release strap option is none.
I’m a bit surprised. The quick release system refers to slightly different spring bars and push button on lugs. Any correct size strap should work with any correct size strap tubes. Previously I had a 233 and used OEM and other straps.
Old 24 April 2022, 06:52 PM   #8
martintyler
"TRF" Member

is there some confusion here on 'quick release' - for a long time some Panerai models have had a quick release system with little pushers in the lugs to release a bar... you can use any straps on these, but you have to use the special bars that come with it.

and then more recently on some smaller models, maybe some Due and/or the 40mm Luminors have something where the strap itself is different and can be clipped on/off. If the question is about this type, then I don't know whether you can use normal straps on these models.
martintyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2022, 12:50 AM   #9
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martintyler View Post
is there some confusion here on 'quick release' - for a long time some Panerai models have had a quick release system with little pushers in the lugs to release a bar... you can use any straps on these, but you have to use the special bars that come with it.

and then more recently on some smaller models, maybe some Due and/or the 40mm Luminors have something where the strap itself is different and can be clipped on/off. If the question is about this type, then I don't know whether you can use normal straps on these models.
You can use normal straps as well. The quaranta just a uses a regular old style screw system like what 372, 111 etc has
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote