The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 January 2021, 05:11 PM   #1
Xerxes77
Banned

New model AP ROC 41 mm gold

Hello guys,

Yesterday I have a discussion with my AD about allocation.
Seems that will be 3 models of ROC rose gold with new reference number who will have new chronograph in house movement from CODE. On the steel ROC the reference remain the same.
Also will be a new ROO 43 mm including a Diver with this new movement.
We will see but this is the news from AP this year.
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 07:01 PM   #2
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331ST/116710BLNR
I spoke with my AD before purchasing my ROC steel panda and he states they have slown the in house movement transition due to potential reliability problems on the code chrono movement. He said he has had several code chronos go back for service in first few months. So maybe they now have that figured out as it was 6 months or so ago
AG_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 11:24 PM   #3
phow
"TRF" Member

Ha... I remember stating about 6 months ago on here how I was waiting for the in-house movement from the CODE to make it’s way to the ROC before pulling the trigger on one. I was told it was NEVER going to happen because of size, cost, blah blah...

Really glad to hear progress seems to have been made on this. Once there is a SS ROC available with their in-house movement, I’ll be contacting my AD promptly.
phow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 11:54 PM   #4
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Really curious to see what happens to the ROC with F. Piguet movements going forward. Will we see a zenith daytona effect?
NYG1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 12:56 AM   #5
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Really curious to see what happens to the ROC with F. Piguet movements going forward. Will we see a zenith daytona effect?
That’s a good point....because all ROC I have with 2385 movement don’t have any problems..... the new in house movement don’t pass the “test of time” ......and also I heard about code chrono problems.....
Old 22 January 2021, 12:59 AM   #6
levvity
"TRF" Member

ROO 43 is interesting. Do you think this will replace the 42 or 44 or is it a new line entirely?
levvity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 01:40 AM   #7
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
I spoke with my AD before purchasing my ROC steel panda and he states they have slown the in house movement transition due to potential reliability problems on the code chrono movement. He said he has had several code chronos go back for service in first few months. So maybe they now have that figured out as it was 6 months or so ago
Any more details on this? I haven't had any issues with mine, but I'm curious what I should keep an eye out for.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 01:50 AM   #8
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by phow View Post
Ha... I remember stating about 6 months ago on here how I was waiting for the in-house movement from the CODE to make it’s way to the ROC before pulling the trigger on one. I was told it was NEVER going to happen because of size, cost, blah blah...

Really glad to hear progress seems to have been made on this. Once there is a SS ROC available with their in-house movement, I’ll be contacting my AD promptly.
If AP does come out with an in-house ROC, I'll be eating my words. I never thought they would so soon after the Code release. I figured they would wait at least 5 years to make sure all issues are ironed out and they thinned out the movement.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:05 AM   #9
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Will be super curious on case thickness when all said and done. Reliability issues aside, would be super exciting to finally have display case back on the ROC line. I hate how sweat gets stuck under the words on the case back today. TMI I know, lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:11 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by phow View Post

Sorry, has there been any confirmation beyond "I heard from my AD?" May want to wait for an actual release before pulling out the "I told you so"
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 03:57 AM   #11
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
Any more details on this? I haven't had any issues with mine, but I'm curious what I should keep an eye out for.
Unfortunately, no. It was a rather vague conversation as I had originally been on the 15500ST silver waitlist for 12+ months and he came to me to offer the 26331ST and the non in house movement and no exhibition case back were my two biggest detractors I had to mentally overcome before I pulled the trigger. Part of the conversation we had around the F. Piguet movement was how time tested it is in the industry compared to the code chrono which he had reports of varying issues since launch which he didnt expect to be cleared up in the near future but did say he heard plans for that code movement to make its way to the “26331” or whatever reference it ends up being once reliability had been proven.
Old 22 January 2021, 04:27 AM   #12
phow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Sorry, has there been any confirmation beyond "I heard from my AD?" May want to wait for an actual release before pulling out the "I told you so"
Did I say that? I’m simply pointing out how adamant this board was that this wouldn’t happen when this was brought up before.

Obviously nothing is confirmed but I would say this is a good sign it is coming as stated.
phow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 04:43 AM   #13
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

This rumor gets reposted every 6 months in this forum. I don't think consensus was that it would never happen, just that it gets tiring hearing the same "my AD says..." story over and over again.

Truth is no one outside AP HQ knows when or if and certainly not someone working at an AD.
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 05:58 AM   #14
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post
This rumor gets reposted every 6 months in this forum. I don't think consensus was that it would never happen, just that it gets tiring hearing the same "my AD says..." story over and over again.

Truth is no one outside AP HQ knows when or if and certainly not someone working at an AD.
The boutiques certainly knew about the recent price increase well in advance. One of the same boutique managers told me that ROOs with a new form factor are coming this year (I didn't inquire about the movement). The mantra that boutiques are as clueless about AP's plans as the general public is misleading, at least as regards near-term changes.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 06:02 AM   #15
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
The boutiques certainly knew about the recent price increase well in advance. One of the same boutique managers told me that ROOs with a new form factor are coming this year (I didn't inquire about the movement). The mantra that boutiques are as clueless about AP's plans as the general public is misleading, at least as regards near-term changes.
Boutique and AD are different. Also, if one AD/boutique SA knows about a discontinuation, then anyone of us can check with our SA and confirm. The fact no one has makes me think this is just more of the same.
Old 22 January 2021, 06:23 AM   #16
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 06:25 AM   #17
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The thickness will be key to the new models with Code movements.

A 43mm ROO sounds interesting and makes sense, depends on how much DNA it has from the 42 or 44 models.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 07:32 AM   #18
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
Unfortunately, no. It was a rather vague conversation as I had originally been on the 15500ST silver waitlist for 12+ months and he came to me to offer the 26331ST and the non in house movement and no exhibition case back were my two biggest detractors I had to mentally overcome before I pulled the trigger. Part of the conversation we had around the F. Piguet movement was how time tested it is in the industry compared to the code chrono which he had reports of varying issues since launch which he didnt expect to be cleared up in the near future but did say he heard plans for that code movement to make its way to the “26331” or whatever reference it ends up being once reliability had been proven.
Thanks for clarifying
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 07:50 AM   #19
GS93108
"TRF" Member

The boutiques definitely know well in advance what products are coming for the full coming year, they have to make their plans accordingly. That said, products that are scheduled for release often get pulled, so the boutique may well ‘know’ that a product is coming, but then it gets pulled, thus their very tight lips.

I’m pretty sure FHB is on record as saying that something is coming this year that he’s excited about and that he wanted to release last year but the timing wasn’t right (covid, technical or other reasons weren’t divulged.)

It’ll be an interesting year for releases, but 2022 will be BIG for sure.

A 43mm ROO would just be weird, or, its actually a 42mm or a 44mm with different pushers that enlarge, reduce the measurement. I had a ROO tourb a long time ago that was technically a 45mm. So I doubt the 43mm is going to be truly NEW.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 07:52 AM   #20
fspfsp
"TRF" Member

If that's true regarding the ROC movement... If you were currently going after one, would you wait for the updated in-house movement or jump on the current model?
fspfsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 07:57 AM   #21
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I hope it happens. I’ll be all over it. It seems automatic chronographs have been extremely difficult to make since the beginning.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 09:40 AM   #22
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Also want to Clarify my conversation was with a AP boutique and not an AD.
Old 22 January 2021, 01:29 PM   #23
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspfsp View Post
If that's true regarding the ROC movement... If you were currently going after one, would you wait for the updated in-house movement or jump on the current model?
I would be surprised (but then, I have been surprised before) if a move to an in-house movement wasn't accompanied by another price hike. I decided to take a 26331 Panda before the last raise.
Old 22 January 2021, 02:36 PM   #24
fspfsp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I would be surprised (but then, I have been surprised before) if a move to an in-house movement wasn't accompanied by another price hike. I decided to take a 26331 Panda before the last raise.
Maybe that’s what the price hike last month was? Or are you saying another one on that model?
fspfsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:41 PM   #25
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

The calibre 4401 is also a flyback chrono. That’d be a first in a ROC. If they put it in a ROC I’d expect a hefty price bump
Old 22 January 2021, 06:03 PM   #26
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The thickness will be key to the new models with Code movements.

A 43mm ROO sounds interesting and makes sense, depends on how much DNA it has from the 42 or 44 models.
For what my AD told me it will replace 44mm..... because I understand will be also and a new 42 mm Diver with new in house movement.....
Btw my AD is a AP Boutique and what he told me is based by what watches are allocated this year...... so we will see but till now they don’t tell me anything who are only rumors in 10 years of collaboration...
Old 22 January 2021, 06:42 PM   #27
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspfsp View Post
Maybe that’s what the price hike last month was? Or are you saying another one on that model?
I think last month's bump was 5% across the board for the existing models, except for the larger bump for the RO QP. I would expect a new price for the new models, and not a lower one.
Old 22 January 2021, 08:51 PM   #28
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
The boutiques definitely know well in advance what products are coming for the full coming year, they have to make their plans accordingly. That said, products that are scheduled for release often get pulled, so the boutique may well ‘know’ that a product is coming, but then it gets pulled, thus their very tight lips.

I’m pretty sure FHB is on record as saying that something is coming this year that he’s excited about and that he wanted to release last year but the timing wasn’t right (covid, technical or other reasons weren’t divulged.)

It’ll be an interesting year for releases, but 2022 will be BIG for sure.

A 43mm ROO would just be weird, or, its actually a 42mm or a 44mm with different pushers that enlarge, reduce the measurement. I had a ROO tourb a long time ago that was technically a 45mm. So I doubt the 43mm is going to be truly NEW.
Could not agree more. As for 2022, very curious to see if we’ll see a special edition only Jumbo and/or the 15202ST gets discontinued.

I suppose, either way, any new Jumbo will essentially still be unobtainium for most.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote