The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2021, 06:05 AM   #1
Sundeep
"TRF" Member

Has anyone seen this?

I just came across this forum! For years now, my bracelet strap on my watch seems like its too loose where it attaches to the time piece. It's been like this for years, has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? Seems like poor workmanship for a high-end watch. Would hate to spend thousands on a replacement strap if I don't have to. I am sure it won't be hundred. Your help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C01D8DF2-A1D7-494C-AE24-184FB117834B_1_105_c.jpeg (178.8 KB, 466 views)
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:20 AM   #2
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Has anyone seen this?

It’s appropriate workmanship for the time it was produced. Speaking of, time will wear anything down with repetitive friction and motion. How do you wear your bracelet? Loose or firm
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:26 AM   #3
Sundeep
"TRF" Member

I would say slightly loose. Not very loose though. But sure, the watch is 13 years old, bought brand new. This problem was noticed about 10 years ago! I just haven't bothered with trying to repair it. Is the solution to buy a new bracelet, or is this a common thing and it can be tightened buy an AD? I can't be the only person that has this issue. Appreciate your reply.
Old 24 January 2021, 06:32 AM   #4
Sundeep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep View Post
I would say slightly loose. Not very loose though. But sure, the watch is 13 years old, bought brand new. This problem was noticed about 10 years ago! I just haven't bothered with trying to repair it. Is the solution to buy a new bracelet, or is this a common thing and it can be tightened buy an AD? I can't be the only person that has this issue. Appreciate your reply.

--> The watch is 13 years old. Problem probably first noticed 9-10 years ago. Just want to know if there is a fix for this, or will buying a new bracelet be the only solution? Anyone else see this. I wear the bracelet tight but a little wiggle room for sure.
Old 24 January 2021, 06:36 AM   #5
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Has anyone seen this?

It’s common with hollow end link. My 40 year old DJ has the same issue though not as extensive. There’s a 3rd party watchmaker in San Jose California that could work on it for you and they have fair pricing. Rolliworks
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:56 AM   #6
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Squeeze the endlinks together to improve fit. This should do the trick and result in a smile.

There is also an outside possibility the incorrect endlinks are being used.

Easily and relatively inexpensive to correct

Nice watch
Old 24 January 2021, 07:10 AM   #7
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep View Post
Do you have the solid end links or hollow? I would think 13 years ago they would have been solid. For hollow end links, they can be bent a bit to press more firmly against the case. You trade off then being able to see some gap under the bezel, but you don't see a gap between the link and the case. If that makes any sense. But for solid end links the only way you should have a big gap like that is if your springbars are bent/worn, or the hole through the link is worn to a larger diameter. Definitely something that could be tuned by a competent watchmaker though, I wouldn't let it bug you for another 13 years ;)
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 07:35 AM   #8
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Would also check the correct springbars are being used.
Relatively Fat and straight.
Old 24 January 2021, 12:33 PM   #9
Sundeep
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Links look solid....am shocked that they even would make them hollow. I will try some of the tips and suggestions. Just find it strange that this would happen on my watch and not thousands of other people who wear a similar watch form that time. I am sure the pin is the factory pin, so it should be the right size. The end links should also be the right size since the watch was bought brand new at a Heathrow duty free store. If someone can post instructions or a picture with arrows of where to pinch the end links, I would appreciate it. Not sure exactly how I could do this or EXACTLY which ones are the end links! Would love to try it, if it works that would be great.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot.jpg.png (126.3 KB, 141 views)