The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2021, 07:40 AM   #1
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Betteridge Greenwich inventory

No news here. Was in Betteridge Greenwich today. This is all of the Rolex inventory on display, alongside 5 empty cases. What a mess.

jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 12:16 PM   #2
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
They are legendary! I first heard that name from wrestling vignettes
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 01:07 PM   #3
TimeOverTime
"TRF" Member

I was thinking about swinging over there today - thanks for this update! Any idea how it is to try to “build a relationship” there for someone with no purchase history? Trying to get my hands on a 216570 polar from an AD in Westchester/southern CT
TimeOverTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 01:09 PM   #4
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

They had a Tudor GMT last weekend FYI
Old 24 January 2021, 01:16 PM   #5
jltait
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
They had a Tudor GMT last weekend FYI
Yes, it was still there today! On bracelet. I hear that’s not so rare anymore. Also saw the bb41 and 36 black. The 36 may be my next watch. Stunning in the metal.
Old 24 January 2021, 01:20 PM   #6
jltait
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOverTime View Post
I was thinking about swinging over there today - thanks for this update! Any idea how it is to try to “build a relationship” there for someone with no purchase history? Trying to get my hands on a 216570 polar from an AD in Westchester/southern CT
No clue, but it is Greenwich so bring your checkbook

Seriously though the few interactions I’ve had with SAs there have been very pleasant. I’d imagine availability would be just as tight as NYC however. From what I saw today even a dj36 would be difficult.
Old 24 January 2021, 01:35 PM   #7
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
The empty Rolex cases are pretty much standard issue at this point. They really should just get rid of about 75% of the counters reserved for Rolex, as they're just an eyesore and a waste of space.

The Tudor case was pretty full when I was there right before Christmas, though. Saw a BB58 on strap, a few GMTs, and a P01.
Old 24 January 2021, 01:38 PM   #8
TimeOverTime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
No clue, but it is Greenwich so bring your checkbook

Seriously though the few interactions I’ve had with SAs there have been very pleasant. I’d imagine availability would be just as tight as NYC however. From what I saw today even a dj36 would be difficult.
You’re not kidding, gotta think there are some prolific purchase histories at that place from the locals. Lot of demand could mean lots of inventory moving through there? That’s possibly me being overly optimistic though.
TimeOverTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 01:39 PM   #9
Wingslogo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Probably a 37mm Yachtmaster over there on the end!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wingslogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 03:11 PM   #10
Utomow
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN, 126334
Looks normal nowadays
Utomow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 05:26 PM   #11
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Yup, that’s normal these days
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:14 PM   #12
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Similar to our experience on the West Coast. I visited 3 ADs in CA the past week.

Outside of the usual variety of DJs:

First AD - Had a TT SkyDweller, and Stainless Yachty for sport models. Tudor GMT, BB58s were available.
2nd AD - Had zero, literally zero sport models on display. Had a Tudor BB58 (black)
3rd AD - TT Sea Dweller (Beautiful, just not my cup of tea)
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 11:10 PM   #13
stark1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/ALS/Omega
Hi all. Been following these forums off and on over the last decade, but never decided to make an account. I suppose now is a good a time as ever, given I'm a local to Greenwich and was there yesterday as well!

I live right up the street from the store, so I pop in from now and then while walking my dog, really just to see if the display cases can get any emptier. It's been like this for quite awhile. SS sports models almost never make their way into the cases as I've been told that they have a long list of customers to appease first (same story as anywhere else). However, I did stumble on a TT 41 sub in the completely empty cases on Christmas Eve just a few weeks ago, and was told that they didn't expect the shipment and the owner of Betteridge wanted to grant a walk-in customer a "Christmas Miracle". Whether this tactic was entirely authentic or not is an open question, but it still gave me the warm fuzzies to know that they are trying to some extent.

While there yesterday the SA was telling me how not only are SS Rolex's not available, most popular BB styles have also been hard to come by and difficult to get. I actually know this is not factually correct, because I was shopping in their Tudor section not a month ago and took numerous photos of their pretty much fully stocked display, including several 58's. Not sure what she was going on about there...
stark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 11:19 PM   #14
stark1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOverTime View Post
From the several Betteridge SA's I've spoken to over the past year or so, they definitely play the whole spend game - obviously never saying it directly. But a few of them dropped some blunt, in-your-face hints regarding high $ spend to be considered for more desirable models. Unfortunately, for me, I started my relationship/spend with Manfredi up the street, so I'm at the bottom of the ladder with Betteridge. Though I still try to "take the temperature" by going in and see if I "get lucky" with an SA that's more sympathetic to a local who is not rolling in with a Lambo (commonplace for Greenwich).
Old 25 January 2021, 08:39 AM   #15
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Thanks for saving me the trip this week! Usually they have better stock than most. UGH. Beautiful store though and some other great brands.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 05:44 AM   #16
FrontHeadlock
"TRF" Member

Might wanna try a little further east in Fairfield County to build a relationship. Perhaps Lux Bond in Westport or Lenox in Fairfield. Though the benefit of Betteridge is its breadth of brands offered.
FrontHeadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 06:11 AM   #17
aparker973
"TRF" Member

Am a customer there. You need to spend. Lots of very wealthy regulars. Wouldn't count on trying to get a hot piece under most circumstances. That said I have been surprised a couple times with PM watches because they do get decent inventory.
aparker973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 12:26 AM   #18
sp5702
"TRF" Member

Got offered a 126613LB there a couple of months ago and passed. Also saw a black BB58 on leather two weeks ago but picked up one of the 62MAS inspired Seiko divers up at Manfredi instead. Guessing the BB58 didn’t stay in the case long.
sp5702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 01:24 AM   #19
ScarletFire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontHeadlock View Post
Might wanna try a little further east in Fairfield County to build a relationship. Perhaps Lux Bond in Westport or Lenox in Fairfield. Though the benefit of Betteridge is its breadth of brands offered.

I started a relationship with Lux and Bond in Westport this year and was luckily allocated a GMT 3 months later.

ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 02:29 AM   #20
drfrankenstein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark1 View Post
From the several Betteridge SA's I've spoken to over the past year or so, they definitely play the whole spend game - obviously never saying it directly. But a few of them dropped some blunt, in-your-face hints regarding high $ spend to be considered for more desirable models. Unfortunately, for me, I started my relationship/spend with Manfredi up the street, so I'm at the bottom of the ladder with Betteridge. Though I still try to "take the temperature" by going in and see if I "get lucky" with an SA that's more sympathetic to a local who is not rolling in with a Lambo (commonplace for Greenwich).
Glad to see I'm not the only one who shops there (lol). I made no in-roads with them there and they basically indicated you had to spend some serious dough to get on a list. They got one Hulk in 2020 and it went to someone with a six-figure spend history as per them.

I have done some business with Manfredi up the street but not sure if that'll get me on any list because they don't sell new Rolex at that store, only their other location. Any insight?
drfrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 02:49 AM   #21
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

That's actually a great assortment for the general public buyer to choose from.

All Rolex is desirable now.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 03:03 AM   #22
Avs Fan
"TRF" Member

I've purchased several watches from Betteridge - one from this store. Always a pleasant experience!
Avs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 03:18 AM   #23
stark1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrankenstein View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one who shops there (lol). I made no in-roads with them there and they basically indicated you had to spend some serious dough to get on a list. They got one Hulk in 2020 and it went to someone with a six-figure spend history as per them.

I have done some business with Manfredi up the street but not sure if that'll get me on any list because they don't sell new Rolex at that store, only their other location. Any insight?
Goes without saying that there's stiff competition around this town when it comes to clients with six-figure spend history. My SA was so blunt to even say that (hypothetically) she wouldn't even be interested in allocating SS sports models to customers that come in to purchase every six months... I certainly am not associated with anyone that regularly, and I mean maybe bimonthly, go in and make big purchases. How many birthdays/anniversaries/job promotions can the store expect from one individual? (Please don't answer if you're in that position, lol)

Manfredi up the street does not carry Rolex/Tudor, but their store in New Canaan, CT does. Although they operate under the same umbrella, based on casual convo I've had with SA's at the Greenwich store, some form of relationship is needed at their other store, if playing the "Rolex game" interests you. It gets complicated...
Old 27 January 2021, 05:46 AM   #24
ROLEXROLEXROLEXRO
"TRF" Member

My interaction has been the SA are very nice and they will flat out say a certain model is "unavailable"... which is good and honest, especially for newcomers.

It' a weird conundrum in Greenwich. Being interested in Rolex means you're at the bottom of the totem poll given the other brands of watches and unique jewelry they move. So if you're a high roller from north of town, I don't think you'd be interested in SS Rolex and definitely not trying to spend or "build a relationship" in order to get a SS Rolex. So then the question is who's buying up all the SS Rolex in this town?
ROLEXROLEXROLEXRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2021, 06:03 AM   #25
stark1
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLEXROLEXROLEXRO View Post
My interaction has been the SA are very nice and they will flat out say a certain model is "unavailable"... which is good and honest, especially for newcomers.

It' a weird conundrum in Greenwich. Being interested in Rolex means you're at the bottom of the totem poll given the other brands of watches and unique jewelry they move. So if you're a high roller from north of town, I don't think you'd be interested in SS Rolex and definitely not trying to spend or "build a relationship" in order to get a SS Rolex. So then the question is who's buying up all the SS Rolex in this town?
While there, the SA told me that Lange's have been selling very well, so perhaps that sheds some light on the high rollers from north of town.
Old 29 January 2021, 03:44 AM   #26
aparker973
"TRF" Member

Quote:
While there, the SA told me that Lange's have been selling very well, so perhaps that sheds some light on the high rollers from north of town.
Yes, I am not by any means a big spender at Manfredi or Betteridge but based on people I know, the amount they spend to get allocated (not as a bundle, just to be considered for "the call") is enough to make you choke. I don't want to generalize, this is just based on a few very good clients I know.
aparker973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 04:23 AM   #27
Bozack90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletFire View Post
I started a relationship with Lux and Bond in Westport this year and was luckily allocated a GMT 3 months later.

I had a good one with the boston location, sadly they no longer carry the line and the sales manager moved to a new company.
Bozack90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 05:04 AM   #28
BrettG
"TRF" Member

I purchased my first Rolex from them circa 1995(Stainless Sub - date) - I've been dealing with the same person since that day. He's worked with me on watches, engagement & wedding rings, etc. - its an absolute pleasure to work with him. I'm far from a heavy hitter & realize the chances of securing a Daytona are limited but not astronomical. I have three watches on my "wish list", hoping to see at least one of them this year.
BrettG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 06:37 AM   #29
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Manfredi up the street does not carry Rolex/Tudor, but their store in New Canaan, CT does. Although they operate under the same umbrella, based on casual convo I've had with SA's at the Greenwich store, some form of relationship is needed at their other store, if playing the "Rolex game" interests you. It gets complicated...
Love Manfredi. I've experienced nothing but awesome people at the New Canaan store. The Greenwich store has probably the best watch (non Rolex) inventory in New England. Can't think of one better.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 09:22 AM   #30
jltait
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
Love Manfredi. I've experienced nothing but awesome people at the New Canaan store. The Greenwich store has probably the best watch (non Rolex) inventory in New England. Can't think of one better.
JLC, Lange, Tudor oh my