The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 August 2020, 07:53 AM   #1
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

How hard is the #26237ST?

Hi, out of curiosity - how hard to get is #26237ST from a boutique?

I have no previous history with AP, and the nearest boutique is 50 kms from me in another city. When the vertical integration started, the AD in my town lost the AP account. Nevertheless the watch is boutique only. Is it worth even asking?

I like the watch, I noticed that the interest in Offshores is slightly decreasing compared to Royal Oaks, so I was thinking if I have a chance to buy one or it is gray only? When I checked on Chrono, the after market value is not insanely higher.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 09:44 AM   #2
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Go to the boutique first and express your desire and see how it goes. If it looks too hard to get, just go grey. I think grey price is about 12%-15% premium, not too bad.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 01:16 PM   #3
dauster
"TRF" Member

I would be curious to know how it the market is in switzerland ?!? just as crazy as in the US - please report back.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 01:52 PM   #4
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Any blue dial in stainless steel will be hard to get. But no harm trying. I believe they might need you to get a code 1159 before they offer you 26237ST.
sookainian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 05:17 PM   #5
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Market in Switzerland has two layers. It is way bigger than the local economy because it relies a lot on Chinese and Russian/ Eastern European tourists who prefer the buy their watches directly from here. So the shops and the watch streets are very big and comfortable, especially in resorts or tourist heavy towns like Interlaken and Montreux.

Rare watches are for the local population as usual, but it is definitely not easier to get. The main difference with US is, I have never seen someone explicitly talking about bundle deals. I am sure if you buy a Code, you can expect a boost for a SS model, but none will tell it directly.

The other difference is, that if you know the companies, you can get a boost for sure, so this is unique. Most of the manufacturing and HQ's are spread in a 50 KM radius and are very interconnected. Quite often a Marketing director in one company, is the brother of the owner of an AD or boutique of the other, etc. The CEO of one company is a Patek Philippe super collector etc.

The industry is more of a cartel, than a highly competitive environment. It is funny on the forums, sometimes collectors behave like football fans - PP is better than AP, Rolex is Real Madrid etc. This is really not the case among them. For example AP used to own JLC, and a large chunk of the PRE-Richemond corporation. AP is still producing the ALS cases, and has a 10-20% chunk of Richard Mille and is behind a lot of the R&D there.

I am not buying a Code to get a ROO Jumbo, if the waiting time is more than 6 months, I would go grey, there are two watches in Switzerland that are brand new, for low 30s.

One stupid question, the bracelet can be rotated with a leather and rubber strap right? It is like every other ROO?
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 01:09 AM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

very interesting thanks for sharing the market insight
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote