The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 January 2021, 11:19 PM   #1
Director EDTF
2024 Pledge Member

Double Wristed Watch Wearers

Given the popularity of the Apple Watch and all it can do, how many TRFers are double wristed watch wearers? I have a fairly decent collection of watches- Rolexes, Tudors, a Seamaster and now an Apple Watch. I was not a big fan when the Apple Watches were first released but given all the health functions the watch now provides, I put it on my Christmas list and my wife gifted me one (for giggles I used to put a Rolex on my list every year but never received one). I know it seems silly to some but I now wear a Rolex or Tudor on my left wrist and my Apple Watch on the other. I have seen many Watch fans on Youtube also wearing a nice watch on their wrist along with an Apple watch on the other. When the wife and I go out to a nice meal, I remove the Apple Watch but at all other times I have now become a double fisted watch wearer.
How many TRFers are also double wristed watch wearers?
Old 18 January 2021, 11:20 PM   #2
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
I wear a fit bit on my right wrist while wearing a watch on my left wrist. This started during the shut down in March.
Old 18 January 2021, 11:28 PM   #3
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
One watch at a time for me
Old 18 January 2021, 11:55 PM   #4
Tarnsman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex, Oris
You aren't wearing two watches, you are wearing a fine watch and a state-of-the-art health monitor.
Tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:08 AM   #5
Time4aRolex
"TRF" Member

I now wear two watches. A Rolex/Omega on my left hand and an iWatch 6 on my right.

I wear the iWatch because of the Health benefits. It is really growing on me. I wear the iWatch 24/7 and it is amazing. Plus it tell me the time. The integration with the iPhone and the health app is perfect.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
Time4aRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:11 AM   #6
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnsman View Post
You aren't wearing two watches, you are wearing a fine watch and a state-of-the-art health monitor.

Exactly ....and I only wear one watch at a time, i knows lots that wear smart watches and fitbits or similar but I like my mechanical watches.
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 01:12 AM   #7
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Been wearing wrist instruments on both wrists for about a decade now. Smartwatch with 4GLte on the right, and whatever mechanical masterpiece of that chosen day on the left (today it is the Panerai PAM 01033 GMT).
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 04:46 AM   #8
Director EDTF
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4aRolex View Post
I now wear two watches. A Rolex/Omega on my left hand and an iWatch 6 on my right.

I wear the iWatch because of the Health benefits. It is really growing on me. I wear the iWatch 24/7 and it is amazing. Plus it tell me the time. The integration with the iPhone and the health app is perfect.
I agree! The health apps are a big plus!
Old 19 January 2021, 05:54 AM   #9
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
I’m slowly getting used to wearing my Apple Watch on my right arm at the same time as one of my “real” watches on my left. But I’ve only ventured out of my house a couple of times wearing both, and with long sleeves.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 06:14 AM   #10
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Been doublewristing for a few years. First with a garmin vivofit; now with an Apple Watch. I’ve gotten a couple of people to convert. I look at it as having a computer on one arm and a watch on the other. Everyone feels a little self conscious at first but you will quickly realize that no one cares. And there are definite benefits of having the Apple Watch on, specifically the fall detection and heart monitoring.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 06:44 AM   #11
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

I do really like the health tracking, but in the office it drew too much attention to my real watches and the rotation on my left wrist. I don’t mind people seeing me wearing a nice watch, but double wristing just invited a lot more questions and attention than I was comfortable with in a work setting.

I went for something more discrete in https://ouraring.com/. Designed more as a sleep tracker, it still gets my steps counted and it really is something I wear everyday. I have a bar in for running and that is my smart device needs covered.

Some of the simpler smart bracelets are also a good middle ground with some more all day functionality without the full on watch sizing.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 06:59 AM   #12
spoilsofwar01
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing Rainclouds
Viv the Spiv

Only Double!?!?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spiv.jpg (56.0 KB, 206 views)
Smiths W10 1968
Tissot Seastar 2011
spoilsofwar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 09:24 AM   #13
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilsofwar01 View Post
Only Double!?!?!
Indeed, why not roll Nicolas Hayek style?

MCMartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 02:08 PM   #14
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I am a double-wrister myself with my Apple Watch on my right wrist, but as somebody said above this started for me during the pandemic and I’ve never left the house without a jacket or long sleeved shirt. So, it’s hard for me to really say right now if I’m totally comfortable with it.

I sincerely doubt Apple has looked into this, but I genuinely wish they would look at making a fitness band that has all of the health tracking benefits of the Apple Watch, but without the bulk/screen of the watch. I’ve tried Fitbit, Oura, Motiv...and all of them are nowhere near what you get with an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 19 January 2021, 07:00 PM   #15
tna23
"TRF" Member

My 6 year old daughter wears a swatch on one hand and a casio on the other. A future WIS!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
tna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 12:08 AM   #16
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tna23 View Post
My 6 year old daughter wears a swatch on one hand and a casio on the other. A future WIS!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 20 January 2021, 01:14 AM   #17
spoilsofwar01
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing Rainclouds
interesting read

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
Indeed, why not roll Nicolas Hayek style?

This made a very Interesting read as up until now I wasn't aware of Nicolas George Hayek

(19 February 1928 – 28 June 2010), was a Swiss businessman of Lebanese descent, co-founder, CEO and Chairman of the Board of The Swatch Group....

every day is a school day,
Smiths W10 1968
Tissot Seastar 2011
spoilsofwar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:48 AM   #18
MCMartiny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilsofwar01 View Post
This made a very Interesting read as up until now I wasn't aware of Nicolas George Hayek

(19 February 1928 – 28 June 2010), was a Swiss businessman of Lebanese descent, co-founder, CEO and Chairman of the Board of The Swatch Group....

every day is a school day,
A true legend. The man (almost) single-handedly saved the Swiss watch industry
MCMartiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:25 AM   #19
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
A true legend. The man (almost) single-handedly saved the Swiss watch industry
^^^^ this

Old 20 January 2021, 12:51 PM   #20
watchbiao
"TRF" Member

I double wrist with a mechanical watch and an Apple watch
Old 20 January 2021, 02:59 PM   #21
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Anyone checked out the Oura Ring? Looks pretty decent for a health tracker that isn't worn on the wrist.
Old 20 January 2021, 04:32 PM   #22
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post
Anyone checked out the Oura Ring? Looks pretty decent for a health tracker that isn't worn on the wrist.
I have had one for just over a year. Perfect choice for unobtrusive activity / sleep tracking.

Most of the focus is on analysis during sleep so you only get the detailed metrics around heart rate, body temperature, etc at night which it then builds into of sleep quality and “readiness” based on additional factors. Daytime you get steps, activity by estimated intensity (low medium high) and estimated calorie burn.

It does not have any of the sports functionality you get with a smart watch, but I just put on my Garmin for that and leave the ring on. The Oura app pulls in activity data from Garmin Connect, Apple Health, etc and does not double count the activities if you wear a smart watch and ring so pretty low maintenance.

It looks bigger than a wedding band on the finger, but does not shout about its presence.

So far it is the only fitness tracker I ended up consistently wearing for more than a month or two and definitely the only one I have worn 24 hours a day (don’t like the idea of wearing a watch while sleeping).
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 01:15 AM   #23
Director EDTF
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post
I have had one for just over a year. Perfect choice for unobtrusive activity / sleep tracking.

Most of the focus is on analysis during sleep so you only get the detailed metrics around heart rate, body temperature, etc at night which it then builds into of sleep quality and “readiness” based on additional factors. Daytime you get steps, activity by estimated intensity (low medium high) and estimated calorie burn.

It does not have any of the sports functionality you get with a smart watch, but I just put on my Garmin for that and leave the ring on. The Oura app pulls in activity data from Garmin Connect, Apple Health, etc and does not double count the activities if you wear a smart watch and ring so pretty low maintenance.

It looks bigger than a wedding band on the finger, but does not shout about its presence.

So far it is the only fitness tracker I ended up consistently wearing for more than a month or two and definitely the only one I have worn 24 hours a day (don’t like the idea of wearing a watch while sleeping).
Interesting!