The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 12 May 2017, 02:07 AM   #1
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Can anyone confirm there were 3 different Arabic dial versions on the Super Avenger 1

I am trying to buy a Super Avenger and it is very difficult because there are fakes that really look about 99% there. I am having trouble telling the difference between fakes and real SAs. If I could see the movement it would be easy but most sellers don't do this.

Can anyone confirm there were three different dials? And better yet, any ideas on approximately when they changes to these dials?

1) I'm pretty sure this was the first Super Avenger, with the deep cuts and bigger Breitling logo, chrome surround on the DW, and AUTOMATIC written over the 6 o'clock subdial.

2) This one has cuts in 7, 8, 10, and 11. Maybe this is the second version?

3) 2) This one has smaller Breitling logo and cuts into the 10 and 11 but not the 8. I have a feeling this is the newest version.

The reason I'm asking is, prices are all over the map for Super Avengers. It doesn't make sense for me to buy one that is 13 years old if there is one that is 3 years old for the same price. I'm really worried about buying a fake by accident.
MrNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 04:03 AM   #2
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Breitlings have both serial and model numbers on the back or at least used to. Both of mine do. They are one watch where the original manual which is used as a warranty book for service etc and the original box and papers are a virtual requirement to keep from being ripped off. They are probably the most faked of any watch on the market. If they are COSC, it usually says so on the dial, especially on Avengers. It will be spelled "certifie" if the watch is COSC. On my M1 Avenger it has chronometre over the certifie, on the face. Ask for a pic of the serial number on the back, model number on the back and compare that to the handwritten number in the warranty/service book. People talk about fake papers but keep in mind with Breitling, the manufacture makes an entry in the book each time the watch is sent in for service. You always send the book in with the watch. They also always send you a Breitling printed page with the return of the watch and it has in the past always come back in a Breitling watch zippered carrier. If someone has owned the watch and had it serviced, those things will be with it. If not be suspicious.

The first and second dial look reasonable to me. The third doesn't. But I'm no expert.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 04:31 AM   #3
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintsghost View Post
Breitlings have both serial and model numbers on the back or at least used to. Both of mine do. They are one watch where the original manual which is used as a warranty book for service etc and the original box and papers are a virtual requirement to keep from being ripped off. They are probably the most faked of any watch on the market. If they are COSC, it usually says so on the dial, especially on Avengers. It will be spelled "certifie" if the watch is COSC. On my M1 Avenger it has chronometre over the certifie, on the face. Ask for a pic of the serial number on the back, model number on the back and compare that to the handwritten number in the warranty/service book. People talk about fake papers but keep in mind with Breitling, the manufacture makes an entry in the book each time the watch is sent in for service. You always send the book in with the watch. They also always send you a Breitling printed page with the return of the watch and it has in the past always come back in a Breitling watch zippered carrier. If someone has owned the watch and had it serviced, those things will be with it. If not be suspicious.

The first and second dial look reasonable to me. The third doesn't. But I'm no expert.
I think you're right that it is probably best to find one with box and matching papers, or at least from a dealer who accepts returns! Thanks for the info.
Old 12 May 2017, 04:43 AM   #4
MrNemo
"TRF" Member

Also I think I may have figured out the approximate age of the different dials:

1) 2009
2) 2006
3) 2004