The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 January 2018, 06:57 AM   #1
Beauxx
"TRF" Member

AP Service Question..

If I buy an AP from a grey market dealer like David SW, when it comes time for service, how do I go about sending the watch to AP? Do I need to register the watch with them or something?..

Thanks
Beauxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 07:24 AM   #2
PJ S
Banned

When the time arrives, you simply make contact and they'll advise you on the cost and process.
You can deal direct with your local APSC or you can go through an AD, who'll probably stick their margin on top.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Grey dealers obtain their pieces through ADs, so the warranty should have the AD stamp, which you register at the AP website as if bought from the AD.
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 12:06 PM   #4
sssteel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachdanon View Post
Grey dealers obtain their pieces through ADs, so the warranty should have the AD stamp, which you register at the AP website as if bought from the AD.

Which has always made me wonder:
Do grey dealers like DavidSW & Takuya actually make much money???
If obtaining stock from an AD, even at the best price, but then listing the watch to be competitive with ADs — the margins simply CANNOT be that high?!
And plus they’re outlaying capital to buy the inventory (watch) in the first place. For a RG AP, and to have several in-hand, that can get semi-expensive — for (what I perceive to be) little gain/profit?!

Unless of course ADs sell “wholesale” to grey dealers, but then again with their desire to control inventory and constrict the market, I don’t know why they would do that instead of retailing to an end consumer, and for a higher profit??
Just wondering!!
sssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 12:11 PM   #5
mwasheikh
"TRF" Member

Here is the process I just had mine serviced n it was Pre-Owned watch! Tell Betsy Mohammed sent you she is amazing to deal with!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We have a repair center in Florida. The best way would be to send your timepiece directly to our Service Center so we can evaluate it and give you a proposal on the necessary service.
All Audemars Piguet timepieces need to be serviced usually every 4 to 6 years (depending on the caliber).
Please note that we are the only Audemars Piguet service center in the US.

You have two options for sending your timepiece to us. The first is to send it in yourself to the following address, the second is to choose to use our kit.

Option #1. Shipping directly to the Service Center
Find below our address:

AP Customer Service
3040 Gulf to Bay Blvd.
Clearwater, Florida 33759
Phone: 212-758-8400
Fax: 727-467-4248

1.When you send us the timepiece, please enclose a letter to state if there is any problem with the watch (stopped, gain time (how much time), etc…), and if you have any request (new strap, adding or removing links, refinishing, certificate of authenticity, etc…). If you would like the timepiece shipped to another address upon completion, please include that information in your letter.
2. In your letter please include: your name, address (no PO Box), phone & fax number or email address.
3. If you have the warranty booklet, please send a copy of the warranty page.
4. You do not need to send the original AP box.
5. Please note: it is your responsibility to properly insure your watch when you are sending it to us. We recommend to bubble wrap the watch and double box it.

Option # 2 - We send you a shipping kit that has a Fed Ex overnight label that includes insurance.

If you would like we can send you a prepaid kit to send your timepiece to the service center. For this service there is a nominal $100 fee that will be added to the estimate if the repair is not covered under warranty.

This charge includes sending the timepiece to the service center as well as sending the timepiece back to you upon completion.

1.We will enclose a form that you can fill out giving us information on why the watch is coming to the Service Center
2. Instructions on how to assemble the kit
3. If you have the warranty booklet, please send a copy of the warranty page

If you chooose to use our kit, please respond to this e-mail with the following information

* Full name
* Your Address
* Your Phone Number
* The caseback number for your timepiece

Regards

Betsy Toelle
Client Care
Tel + 1 727 216 0906
Fax + 1 727 467 4248

Audemars Piguet (North America) Inc.
3040 Gulf to Bay Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33759
Tel + 1 212 758 8400
www.audemarspiguet.com
mwasheikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2018, 01:18 PM   #6
PJ S
Banned

^
Rather presumptuous to consider the OP is resident in the US, isn't it?
It's also fairly demeaning to Betsy that your name needs to be mentioned, suggesting she doesn't provide the same info or professionalism to every enquiring (potential) owner.
Old 1 January 2018, 01:44 PM   #7
mwasheikh
"TRF" Member

I was referred to Betsy by another AP owner (who is not a resident of the states) here on TRF and she was actually elated that the person I name dropped referred her. Demeaning give me a break....please focus on the topic of the thread then presuming or commenting on my words. Your entire comment is presumptuous....I understand the weather is bad in the UK but start the year positively my man! Let’s try and bring everyone together and help the individual as oppose to nit picking on nonsense. Now I know why I moved from the UK it’s the rain puts everyone in a bad mood.
Old 1 January 2018, 02:42 PM   #8
PJ S
Banned

^
The weather's always bad here, but has no influence on mood or words used when constructing a reply.
Enjoy your NYE celebrations.
Old 2 January 2018, 03:53 PM   #9
mwasheikh
"TRF" Member

Give over as we say ;)! I grew up in the UK and I cannot concur the weather definitely has an impact on people, their moods and ultimately how they carry themselves and articulate themselves too!

Anyway enough of the palavah! Happy new year to all and good luck on your AP purchase hope all works out for you beauxx!