The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2017, 05:34 AM   #1
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

AP Rose Gold - 26470 or 15400?

I am looking to purchase an AP today or tomorrow and am torn between two rose gold options.

The ROO 26470 and the RO 15400. Both on black leather straps.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I like them both, but only dilemma is if the larger ROO may go out if trend soon as smaller watches are in at the moment.
Mr Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

I'd go with the RG AP if it were me... jokes aside, I don't think you could make a wrong choice here. Both are beautiful pieces.
Old 25 June 2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Johnnie Peh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 44 SS 44 RG.
I would take the 26470 in a heartbeat
Johnnie Peh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 11:08 AM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I would choose the black dial RO as I don't like the mustard dial on the RG ROO very much. Also the larger ROO is just medium sized, there is a larger 44 line, which is the most desired overall, and larger models still. AP is not for shrinking violets.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Rachdanon
"TRF" Member

Depending on your wrist size I would get the 15450 or 15400 rose gold with white face on brown crocodile. I think those are the most beautiful manly rose gold dress watches in the world. Good luck with your decision.
Rachdanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 03:24 PM   #6
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

26470 is better choice than 15400, but it's just my .02 cents.
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 03:48 PM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

If this is your first AP, I would usually say go with a 15400 specifically because of the bracelet and because a RO is such an iconic piece. Since your two options are on a strap thats a tougher call.

This talk of a large watch "trend" is way overblown IMHO. The original IWC Portuguese was 43mm and released in the late 1930's and is still between 42 and 44mm today. If its a trend its a really, really long one. Calling a larger watch a "trend" is a myth perpetuated by those who can't pull off a large watch.

Which do you prefer? What occasions are the watch for? Those questions will give a better idea of which to choose.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 06:47 PM   #8
civico
"TRF" Member

I was in a similar dilemma except that mine was between 26470 and AP RO chrono.

If given the opportunity, do give a try on both watches as it would give you a better prospective on how well you wear them.

My wrist is 7.5" and between both, 26470 made me felt really delightful then. I'm not sure whether was it the weight of the watch or how well it sits on my wrist but I felt really, really happy and still is.

Old 26 June 2017, 02:49 AM   #9
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. It will be my first AP and really feeling the 15400 rose gold at the moment.

The 26470 is also nice, but the mustard dial isn't sitting comfortably with me at the moment.

I'll try and attach some pictures (iPhone pic size might be too big)

I am in negotiations with the retailer at the moment so let's see what they can do.

Just another quick question, shouldn't all new AP's have stickers on them, or do the dealers take them off? All other watches I have bought have had a ton of stickers on them. Thanks
Old 26 June 2017, 02:57 AM   #10
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
Just another quick question, shouldn't all new AP's have stickers on them, or do the dealers take them off? All other watches I have bought have had a ton of stickers on them. Thanks
When on display YES. I would not buy one that didn't at least not without a very big discount. All scratches on my watch need to be 100% from me and not acquired from some random person trying it on before me.

After purchase it depends. My AD takes them off for me before i leave, they would probably leave them on if i asked though, but i don't really see the point in that.
Old 26 June 2017, 03:11 AM   #11
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
When on display YES. I would not buy one that didn't at least not without a very big discount. All scratches on my watch need to be 100% from me and not acquired from some random person trying it on before me.

After purchase it depends. My AD takes them off for me before i leave, they would probably leave them on if i asked though, but i don't really see the point in that.
Thanks for the reply Tyler1980. Seemed strange that both the pieces didn't have stickers on them, but majority of the others pieces they had did. I asked the manager and he said that they put all the watches in the safe overnight and the stickers come off.

What sort of discounts should I be looking to negotiate? Spending a lot of money so as you say, I would like to be the one putting scratches on it 😊
Old 26 June 2017, 04:18 AM   #12
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Tyler1980. Seemed strange that both the pieces didn't have stickers on them, but majority of the others pieces they had did. I asked the manager and he said that they put all the watches in the safe overnight and the stickers come off.

What sort of discounts should I be looking to negotiate? Spending a lot of money so as you say, I would like to be the one putting scratches on it ��
I'm sure others will be along to chime in on discounts as I'm no expert in that field. You appear to be in the UK, so what AD is this? All the ones i go to have stickers on pretty much all the watches the best i can tell, but I would think surely on PM pieces.

I will say a non stickered AP isn't the same to me as a non stickered Rolex. The finishing isn't comparable and its way easier to mess up the AP's finishing with scratches .At an AD and under AD lighting certain scratches in the finish might not even be visible until you get outside but once you see them they cannot be unseen. On a RG piece that is softer to begin with I would probably pass altogether.

Your best bet is to find another AD that has the piece you want that has stickers and get the best deal you can. If you still want a better deal then take that offer to the AD that has the watch without stickers and tell them they need to beat the other offer by at least 10% or you will buy the one with stickers. Im assuming we are talking London as that is the closest AD to Surrey so the answer from the AD is probably going to be no on beating another AD's best offer by that much.

To some it may not be an issue, but for me that is what i would do but i would still probably buy the one with stickers even if i had to pay more for it.
Old 26 June 2017, 05:40 AM   #13
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I'm sure others will be along to chime in on discounts as I'm no expert in that field. You appear to be in the UK, so what AD is this? All the ones i go to have stickers on pretty much all the watches the best i can tell, but I would think surely on PM pieces.

I will say a non stickered AP isn't the same to me as a non stickered Rolex. The finishing isn't comparable and its way easier to mess up the AP's finishing with scratches .At an AD and under AD lighting certain scratches in the finish might not even be visible until you get outside but once you see them they cannot be unseen. On a RG piece that is softer to begin with I would probably pass altogether.

Your best bet is to find another AD that has the piece you want that has stickers and get the best deal you can. If you still want a better deal then take that offer to the AD that has the watch without stickers and tell them they need to beat the other offer by at least 10% or you will buy the one with stickers. Im assuming we are talking London as that is the closest AD to Surrey so the answer from the AD is probably going to be no on beating another AD's best offer by that much.

To some it may not be an issue, but for me that is what i would do but i would still probably buy the one with stickers even if i had to pay more for it.
I am in Mexico at the moment and the dealer here is called Ultra Jewels. Actually a very strange thing happened today that is now leading me to believe that they may actually be selling a used watch. I got speaking to another customer and he was selling them two Rolexes, a GMT II and a Milgause. He said he has sold them watches before to resell too.

Now this 15400 has no stickers and the leather strap seems worn as it is very soft and has a number of creases you don't get on a new piece.

The two rose gold are both J series, but the other ROO's they have are I series.

They also have a RO stainless steel blue face which they said is only available to boutique, so not sure how they got that one either.

I think I will leave buying this piece due to piece of mind. The store has not been very upfront and each person you ask provides a different RRP. And the RRP they are giving me before discounts is already £2230 more expensive than the UK.

They have two shops here and both are competing for my business offering me different gifts. Very unprofessional the way someone from one shop tells the other I'm in their shop then the other keeps messaging me to buy from them. I will do a separate thread to advice everyone on my experience and the games they play as a warning to future customers.
Old 26 June 2017, 05:54 AM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am in Mexico at the moment and the dealer here is called Ultra Jewels. Actually a very strange thing happened today that is now leading me to believe that they may actually be selling a used watch. I got speaking to another customer and he was selling them two Rolexes, a GMT II and a Milgause. He said he has sold them watches before to resell too.

Now this 15400 has no stickers and the leather strap seems worn as it is very soft and has a number of creases you don't get on a new piece.

The two rose gold are both J series, but the other ROO's they have are I series.

They also have a RO stainless steel blue face which they said is only available to boutique, so not sure how they got that one either.

I think I will leave buying this piece due to piece of mind. The store has not been very upfront and each person you ask provides a different RRP. And the RRP they are giving me before discounts is already £2230 more expensive than the UK.

They have two shops here and both are competing for my business offering me different gifts. Very unprofessional the way someone from one shop tells the other I'm in their shop then the other keeps messaging me to buy from them. I will do a separate thread to advice everyone on my experience and the games they play as a warning to future customers.

I would pass as something does not seem right. I series ended sometime in early 2016 as i have an early J series Diver purchased around then so if its new its been sitting a long while and thats A LOT of people trying on an unstickered watch in 1.5 years (at a minimum maybe longer). A look at the warranty book would answer if it is pre owned though. Ultra Jewels is an AD in Cancun so it legit but there is only one location so something is off there too. If its more expensive than the UK, just wait as they are easily sourced here.
Old 26 June 2017, 08:53 AM   #15
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

The "I" serial could be that it just hasn't sold yet. As for the straps, when my Panda strap was new, it was much more soft/supple than the 44 strap.

All said, if you're not comfortable, just pass and buy when u get home.
Old 26 June 2017, 09:17 AM   #16
7sins
"TRF" Member

26470 if on strap, the 15400 on bracelet is worth the extra money and can be had preowned for a bit more than a 26470
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 10:10 AM   #17
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Buy from home. Not sure how good a discount you'll get from ADs, maybe 15-20% but Iconic are only offering 10%, so also check out Chrono24 for unworn ones.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2017, 03:52 AM   #18
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Back in the UK now so will have a look around for an AP. To many alarms going off with Ultra Jewels, and lack of professionalism led me to walking away.

Might see if I can find a blue dial watch on my search. Thanks all for your replies!
Old 28 June 2017, 04:04 AM   #19
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Back in the UK now so will have a look around for an AP. To many alarms going off with Ultra Jewels, and lack of professionalism led me to walking away.

Might see if I can find a blue dial watch on my search. Thanks all for your replies!
Good luck.
Old 17 January 2018, 11:36 AM   #20
Willygallardo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP's - Rolex
26470 Mustard Gang FTW

Willygallardo is offline   Reply With Quote