The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 December 2017, 06:02 PM   #1
scuba77
"TRF" Member

Another upgrade

My FC 44 will be leaving the stable for the new ceramic ...more photos later but special thanks for AP London for giving me last minute appointment...I wonder if the edges of my FC were ever this sharpe !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C9A6A0DE-767D-467B-A84D-5C016BEEC2D9.jpeg (78.7 KB, 507 views)
scuba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 06:03 PM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

awesome, congrats. I love that one.

You are telling me that
A. AP london gave you a last minute appointment and
B. Had a Ce 44 lying around to buy?

You have way more pull with them than me.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 06:12 PM   #3
scuba77
"TRF" Member

No AP London for an appointment for short strap as wanted before xmas. Don’t think seem many ceramic models...... they told me will be boutique piece next year. Also Harrods will be home London boutique next year with 7 staff and bigger floor space.
No desk clock though..just another travel case , shoe cleaning kit and a pouch is all they gave me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
awesome, congrats. I love that one.

You are telling me that
A. AP london gave you a last minute appointment and
B. Had a Ce 44 lying around to buy?

You have way more pull with them than me.
Old 22 December 2017, 06:22 PM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba77 View Post
No AP London for an appointment for short strap as wanted before xmas. Don’t think seem many ceramic models...... they told me will be boutique piece next year. Also Harrods will be home London boutique next year with 7 staff and bigger floor space.
No desk clock though..just another travel case , shoe cleaning kit and a pouch is all they gave me !
Yep. UK AP is a bit tighter than other markets but they told me that too. Im not clear if its UK specific as there are a lot of models in the UK that AP will not sell to AD's but other countries its less of an issue. I wouldn't mind this strategy if they opened a proper boutique. Since its a cheap lounge instead and appointment only within the existing service center, im boycotting all Lounge specific models.

BTW chris got the clock for christmas... take it up with him
Old 22 December 2017, 06:26 PM   #5
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Nice pick up.

What a way to start Xmas
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 07:00 PM   #6
scuba77
"TRF" Member

Harrods will be proper boutique and that small existing broom cupboard in fine watchroom will be replaced with much bigger boutique . Brooks Mews will remain as service centre but are planning to have small boutique shop like space. Well this what I was told yesterday.

I was just been greedy about the desk clock I already have the white dialled offshore desk clock and wanted the Royal Oak Version. London hardy gets any decent goodies ...It was nice of them to give me anything as only bought the strap off them yesterday

Quote:
Yep. UK AP is a bit tighter than other markets but they told me that too. Im not clear if its UK specific as there are a lot of models in the UK that AP will not sell to AD's but other countries its less of an issue. I wouldn't mind this strategy if they opened a proper boutique. Since its a cheap lounge instead and appointment only within the existing service center, im boycotting all Lounge specific models.

BTW chris got the clock for christmas... take it up with him
Old 22 December 2017, 07:00 PM   #7
scuba77
"TRF" Member

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Nice pick up.

What a way to start Xmas
Old 22 December 2017, 07:12 PM   #8
scuba77
"TRF" Member

Nothing much happening in the Office today ... so I’ll take few more photos ....no case number on back...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A7B3F9CD-7FFD-41DF-A029-7D8E4730135B.jpeg (93.4 KB, 467 views)
File Type: jpeg D85BF530-8F43-4AEF-922C-E2DA3007C786.jpeg (88.2 KB, 470 views)
Old 22 December 2017, 07:23 PM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Harrods will be proper boutique and that small existing broom cupboard in fine watchroom will be replaced with much bigger boutique . Brooks Mews will remain as service centre but are planning to have small boutique shop like space. Well this what I was told yesterday.

I was just been greedy about the desk clock I already have the white dialled offshore desk clock and wanted the Royal Oak Version. London hardy gets any decent goodies ...It was nice of them to give me anything as only bought the strap off them yesterday
So you are buying from AP directly and not from Harrods in this scenario? It will be a concession? I think RM operates that way in there now but i think its the only one. If so, its better than nothing but I would prefer a standalone store but a positive development in any case
Old 22 December 2017, 07:43 PM   #10
scuba77
"TRF" Member

That is the way I understand it , shame as I really thought they should have had stand alone boutique on off near New Bond St.
I have no issues with the service centre , I remember going to Hanover Square to get my 3th year sticker and when the Chrono module failed on my FC 44 last year after only been few months old. The service has always been first rate but I question why one would use that service centre as point of sale and the opening a boutique in department store instead of standalone store.

Quote:
So you are buying from AP directly and not from Harrods in this scenario? It will be a concession? I think RM operates that way in there now but i think its the only one. If so, its better than nothing but I would prefer a standalone store but a positive development in any case
Old 22 December 2017, 10:08 PM   #11
nick c
Banned

Very nice! Congratulations
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 10:13 PM   #12
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Very Nice. Congrats! Wear it in good health
Old 22 December 2017, 10:49 PM   #13
Ziperian
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Beautiful watch.
Ziperian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 12:33 AM   #14
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
That is the way I understand it , shame as I really thought they should have had stand alone boutique on off near New Bond St.
I have no issues with the service centre , I remember going to Hanover Square to get my 3th year sticker and when the Chrono module failed on my FC 44 last year after only been few months old. The service has always been first rate but I question why one would use that service centre as point of sale and the opening a boutique in department store instead of standalone store.
Seems like a strange set up if this is truly owned by AP as opposed to being a fauxtique like the ones run by Westime in the US.
SMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 02:58 AM   #15
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Congrats, and the Harrods boutique is better than the loft. I was told by the Marcus guys that a stand alone boutique on a top thoroughfare like Bond St or Brompton Rd would just not be feasible given the footfall traffic, and seems to be true.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 03:00 AM   #16
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Congrats, and the Harrods boutique is better than the loft. I was told by the Marcus guys that a standalone boutique on a top thoroughfare like Bond St or Brompton Rd would just not be feasible given the footfall traffic, and seems to be true.
Panerai would disagree. Their new boutique is pretty sweet. Plus with Hublot moving up the street as the old bond street location was not prestigious enough so they are moving next to patek.

Even if its not super profitable because of rent its almost an obligation for prestige. Grocery stores lose money on certain items to get people in the door and then sell people other stuff to make up for the low margin things they lose on. Same sort of principle as i truly think a nice retail environment is good for the brand and its pretty much the only player missing from bond st. Harrods is still a department store environment which is fine but it's still a half measure. Paying a brand ambassador which they have a ton is a worse use of money to me than putting money into a boutique. Anthony Joshua's free AP's would pay rent on bond street for a year.

FWIW Tissot has a boutique on Oxford street. Come on AP, even Tissot has a boutique.
Old 23 December 2017, 08:20 AM   #17
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Congrats!

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 08:34 AM   #18
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Panerai would disagree. Their new boutique is pretty sweet. Plus with Hublot moving up the street as the old bond street location was not prestigious enough so they are moving next to patek.

Even if its not super profitable because of rent its almost an obligation for prestige. Grocery stores lose money on certain items to get people in the door and then sell people other stuff to make up for the low margin things they lose on. Same sort of principle as i truly think a nice retail environment is good for the brand and its pretty much the only player missing from bond st. Harrods is still a department store environment which is fine but it's still a half measure. Paying a brand ambassador which they have a ton is a worse use of money to me than putting money into a boutique. Anthony Joshua's free AP's would pay rent on bond street for a year.

FWIW Tissot has a boutique on Oxford street. Come on AP, even Tissot has a boutique.
I think it looks good to have a major presence, but AP do most business online and with known entities, so they are being financially prudent, as not so much from new business. The mid-luxury brands need boutiques for new people to try on at the £2-5K level but above that I think new watch buyers don't pop in to buy a 15-20K, they work their way up from lower brands and thus know about AP already thru SM and the forums and sports marketing etc.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2017, 05:19 AM   #19
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Nice one!

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote