The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 December 2017, 10:23 PM   #1
lusfort
"TRF" Member

Vintage RO Bracelet Stretch/restoration

Hi Friends, Merry Christmas

I was trying to look up on this topic but can't seem to find any concrete answers here. Hopefully if anyone can chime in on this matter.

I'd looked at a vintage RO 25654 BA in 18k Yellow gold. However I found the several links to be quite worn with significant play between them. I know the end bars are welded at the end (there is a very mersmerizing video of how the RO bracelet is crafted

Would AP be able to service/restore the condition during the spa sessions?

Also would you guys have experience getting the watch authenticated at the boutique if it's a private dealer's transaction.

Thanks for the help guys
lusfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Xerxes77
Banned

Yes send it to AP
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2017, 11:54 PM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

AP will repair and if its not salvageable will replace the bracelet if necessary which won't be cheap for a full gold bracelet.

They will authenticate and issue a certificate of authenticity but you pay for that as well and i dont think they do that at the boutique and it will probably have to go to Le Brassus.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2017, 12:47 AM   #4
The B
"TRF" Member

In my experience; if you have an existing relationship at a Boutique they will try to help you however they can - verify and refer you, or you are subject to the whims of the attitude of the person in front of you at that time.

AP service center in the North America is great about authenticating and offering solutions to the aged bracelet; including adjustment, partial repair, full repair and replacement depending on your desires.

I hope that the service center is the same in your region of the world is the same. I will offer that this can become a "labor of love"...and a little expensive so I would suggest attempting to get the best sales price possible and sending directly to AP. Great news is AP has all the tools and training in house to repair anything RO I have ever offered them.
The B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2017, 03:00 AM   #5
lusfort
"TRF" Member

Thank you all. Very helpful and insightful
lusfort is offline   Reply With Quote