The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 September 2020, 06:55 AM   #1
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
New Aubergine Rolex

Has anyone seen or bought one of the new aubergine datejusts?

My wife really likes the look of them. She phoned our AD today and they are guessing they may have one late October but as of yet not sure.

The one that seemed released one the day was the 31mm, but it seems there’s 36 mm options as well (unless they were already there).
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 07:19 AM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I created a thread a few weeks ago about purchasing the DJ36 with purple dial and Roman numeral. I’m looking to get one around December for Xmas as I’ve just bought another DJ last month. I think the purple dial DJ is superb and underrated. The question for me is whether to get the OP36 in green dial first or the DJ36 in purple dial first. But eventually I hope to get both.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I created a threat a few weeks ago about purchasing the DJ36 with purple dial and Roman numeral. I’m looking to get one around December for Xmas as I’ve just bought another DJ last month. I think the purple dial DJ is superb and underrated. The question for me is whether to get the OP36 in green dial first or the DJ36 in purple dial first. But eventually I hope to get both.
Thanks, I’ve just read your thread. That’s the exact one on jubilee that she likes so clearly that wasn’t a new release then? The new release must just be on the 31mm with diamonds which was launched on the 1st September.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 08:07 AM   #4
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Thanks, I’ve just read your thread. That’s the exact one on jubilee that she likes so clearly that wasn’t a new release then? The new release must just be on the 31mm with diamonds which was launched on the 1st September.
The concept isn’t new.. but I think the DJ31 with the purple dial is new for this year. Previously I’ve only seen it on the Rolex website in the form of DJ36. I think the DJ31 differs slightly with its bezel being made of diamonds and I think for the DJ31 there might only be diamonds on the 6pm Roman numeral instead of both 6pm and 9pm. I’ve seen one at the AD recently and the purple dial is slightly lighter than what is shown on the website.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote