The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 September 2020, 05:57 PM   #1
dmash
"TRF" Member

126603 TT Sea Dweller Owners?

Who all owns/has previously owned this piece? Was looking at the new 126613LN but realized I can pick up the TT SD for about the same price as it’s not so popular. Post up some pics/feedback please!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 06:16 PM   #2
cowie89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
i stuck my name down for one last year, once i tried it on, it didn't do it for me so i passed on it to be fair
cowie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 06:22 PM   #3
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie89 View Post
i stuck my name down for one last year, once i tried it on, it didn't do it for me so i passed on it to be fair
Would you mind sharing why? Appreciative of any feedback, positive or negative, as I’d be going grey if I did the SD.

It’s a bit of an oddity as it’s not pulling a premium, yet I can’t find it at any ADs to look at in the flesh.
Old 8 September 2020, 06:43 PM   #4
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
I wear a SS SD43 as a daily. It’s perfect but you Will need to try it on because of the case back. That and the SS version is pretty heavy. I have to imagine that the two tone would be substantially heavier. Something to think about. I also own the 116610 LN and LV. Both wear like 41 mm watches. The SD43 wears like a 42mm watch imo. They are almost the same lug to lug but the bracelet is wider and the watch overall is wider. A lot of wrist presence.

To be honest I’m not the biggest two tone fan. But owning the SD43 and the Sub LN I would chose the SD43 everyday of the week. 7.25 inch wrist for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 06:47 PM   #5
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
I wear a SS SD43 as a daily. It’s perfect but you Will need to try it on because of the case back. That and the SS version is pretty heavy. I have to imagine that the two tone would be substantially heavier. Something to think about. I also own the 116610 LN and LV. Both wear like 41 mm watches. The SD43 wears like a 42mm watch imo. They are almost the same lug to lug but the bracelet is wider and the watch overall is wider. A lot of wrist presence.

To be honest I’m not the biggest two tone fan. But owning the SD43 and the Sub LN I would chose the SD43 everyday of the week. 7.25 inch wrist for reference.

Thanks for the feedback and pics!!

My wife is also now telling me to go for the SD the more we look at pics. Considering the fact she’s right 99.9% of the time.....
Old 8 September 2020, 07:03 PM   #6
wytrader
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
I only have it because I collect Sea-Dwellers, can't see myself wearing it, although the yellow on the dial is amazing. It's way better on the wrist than I expected so would definitely try it on if you can, but I am not a gold watch guy (at all) so it is probably not going to see any wrist time.
126610LV
wytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 07:07 PM   #7
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrader View Post
I only have it because I collect Sea-Dwellers, can't see myself wearing it, although the yellow on the dial is amazing. It's way better on the wrist than I expected so would definitely try it on if you can, but I am not a gold watch guy (at all) so it is probably not going to see any wrist time.
That’s exactly what I’m loving so much, the pop of gold with the SD script! I’m in the very, very small minority who dislikes the red on the SS as I feel it sticks out, but feel the gold color script on the TT pulls the dial together with the other bezel and center links.
Old 8 September 2020, 07:08 PM   #8
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Thanks for the feedback and pics!!

My wife is also now telling me to go for the SD the more we look at pics. Considering the fact she’s right 99.9% of the time.....

You’re on the right track. The Sub is an icon and no one can ever go wrong picking one. The SD43 however is something else, something more, one of the King of divers when the wrist is a match for its size.
The presence and proportions are among the best Rolex makes.
6.5” wrists and above are good for it.

Old 8 September 2020, 09:38 PM   #9
wytrader
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Apologies for the quality but here they are side by side, it definitely has something special, but somehow for me its not a Sea Dweller anymore. And this after having to get used to some muppet deciding to add a cyclops
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg SDs.jpeg (110.1 KB, 544 views)
126610LV
wytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 10:02 PM   #10
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrader View Post
Apologies for the quality but here they are side by side, it definitely has something special, but somehow for me its not a Sea Dweller anymore. And this after having to get used to some muppet deciding to add a cyclops
That pic really does illustrate how much of a presence it commands, wow.
Old 9 September 2020, 06:34 AM   #11
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
In steel I went for the SD43, the badass black diver. In TT with the arrival of the new Sub, I think I'd pick the 126613, the fancy diver. I'm actually on the list for the new Bluesy. You also need to take the extra weight of gold into account.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 08:54 AM   #12
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Great pic!
synrrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:16 PM   #13
mglane83
"TRF" Member

I like it, but I’ll also say it’s not for everyone—I think it’s working its way towards love it or hate it status. This could maybe explain its scarcity at ADs, but availability at grey. I’ve been wearing my SS SD43 more often as of late, but I still come back to this one regularly. Ive found it can dress up or down pretty well, and I can’t say the same for the SS SD43. You’ll want to be certain you can dial in the the size and fit as it could become very off-putting. The difference in weight is pretty negligible to me. They’re both big and heavy. I hope I covered your questions. It took me forever to get the image upload to work right and I forgot a lot of what I was going to say.
mglane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:46 PM   #14
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrrgy View Post
Great pic!

Thanks.

Old 9 September 2020, 06:52 PM   #15
cowie89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Would you mind sharing why? Appreciative of any feedback, positive or negative, as I’d be going grey if I did the SD.

It’s a bit of an oddity as it’s not pulling a premium, yet I can’t find it at any ADs to look at in the flesh.
yeah was mainly the size, but actually felt a little too flashy for my life style as well to be honest,

I've seen at least 4-5 sitting in display cases at different AD's
cowie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 08:25 PM   #16
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I am a big fan of this watch, I've always loved Rolex TT as they execute the bracelet so well unlike AP and PP etc, and as you say the bezel and gold script just adds that special something. My incoming thread below, nostalgic for me now as it's the last time I went out for a fancy dinner before Covid hit.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=729546
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 08:45 PM   #17
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I am a big fan of this watch, I've always loved Rolex TT as they execute the bracelet so well unlike AP and PP etc, and as you say the bezel and gold script just adds that special something. My incoming thread below, nostalgic for me now as it's the last time I went out for a fancy dinner before Covid hit.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=729546
Oh wow, I didn’t even know you picked this up! I’ve always been outspoken that I parallel your taste in watches, so this is another sign
Old 10 September 2020, 09:03 AM   #18
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Oh wow, I didn’t even know you picked this up! I’ve always been outspoken that I parallel your taste in watches, so this is another sign
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 01:49 AM   #19
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai
Latest purchase from A.D. A very special SD to support my 16600, Sea Dweller ....... a great passion

Old 15 September 2022, 07:14 AM   #20
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I love it but I'm waiting for Rolex to make a blue TT SD43.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote