The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 December 2010, 12:40 AM   #1
JJL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red & 16622
YM Platty with Leather band

I was thinking about this combo and did some searching on the forum - dug up an old post that Jocke posted some great pictures on:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=71740

I guess a few questions - where can I get leather bands for my YachtMaster and are they easy to put on and take off between the leather and the PCL band?

Is this something I could do even with no watch experience? I'm assuming it's just "pushing pins" but obviously I don't want to mess anything up!

Thanks a bunch!
JJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 12:52 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJL View Post
I was thinking about this combo and did some searching on the forum - dug up an old post that Jocke posted some great pictures on:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=71740

I guess a few questions - where can I get leather bands for my YachtMaster and are they easy to put on and take off between the leather and the PCL band?

Is this something I could do even with no watch experience? I'm assuming it's just "pushing pins" but obviously I don't want to mess anything up!

Thanks a bunch!
Well there must be thousands of places you could buy a 20mm leather strap.And yes quite easy to change from bracelet to strap just take a bit of care with the watch lugs and spring-bars.But if you bought a strap from any good watch store they would fit it for you.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 02:30 AM   #3
JJL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well there must be thousands of places you could buy a 20mm leather strap.And yes quite easy to change from bracelet to strap just take a bit of care with the watch lugs and spring-bars.But if you bought a strap from any good watch store they would fit it for you.
Cool good to know!!

As far as the lugs and spring-bars - "IF" something were to happen to them based on my inexperience - are they easily replaceable? Do they have to be "rolex" brand or are they just standard? (In terms of if I needed to send it back to Rolex to have it serviced and keep it original parts)

Thanks in advance for the info!
Old 22 December 2010, 02:48 AM   #4
rxonmymind
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex woot! woot!
Good researching their JJL. Thanks for the link!

Oscar Wilde
rxonmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 03:07 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJL View Post
Cool good to know!!

As far as the lugs and spring-bars - "IF" something were to happen to them based on my inexperience - are they easily replaceable? Do they have to be "rolex" brand or are they just standard? (In terms of if I needed to send it back to Rolex to have it serviced and keep it original parts)

Thanks in advance for the info!
Straps from Hirsch are very good quality and quite well priced plenty on line to chose from.Regarding the springbars they are a special type but again genetic ones to fit the Rolex models can be found on line. And most ADs would have springbars,but as long as you are careful it really is a easy job to do.

Have a look at link below on how to remove bracelet.
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=111743

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 05:37 AM   #6
zak98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
hirsch makes a really nice "curved" lug end strap(s). i always have liked that very clean finished look with the curved ends.
Panerai PAM390
zak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2010, 06:13 AM   #7
JJL
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info on the Hirsch bands. I was looking them up and came across these:

http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/i...&category=2611

I also noticed these Breitling Style leather bands on the same site. I like how they are a little bit chunky and puffy, check them out:

http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3316/.f

Good stuff!