The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 September 2020, 01:25 PM   #1
Angi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116506
Got a surprise from my AD

Last week I had a little misunderstanding with my AD and I guess I displayed my frustration a little more then usual...the next day I went on a 5 day camping trip. When I got back literally 10 minutes in the door my sales lady texts me asking how my trip was. She then apologized for what happened and casually told me she has the new 126610LN that came in Friday and she held for me. Couldn’t believe how it all went down lol but I ended up with a sweet addition to the collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:26 PM   #2
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
How does it wear? I guess I mean the 41 size compared to the 40 Sub or GMT Oh, I almost forgot, Congratulations!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:28 PM   #3
Angi
"TRF" Member

Definitely chunkier....I have had a 40mm Sub before and I currently wear a ss GMT as a daily. And it wears way differently, not sure if I like it more or less yet. But I definitely like it regardless! I’ll post more pics

Old 9 September 2020, 01:30 PM   #4
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angi View Post
Last week I had a little misunderstanding with my AD and I guess I displayed my frustration a little more then usual...the next day I went on a 5 day camping trip. When I got back literally 10 minutes in the door my sales lady texts me asking how my trip was. She then apologized for what happened and casually told me she has the new 126610LN that came in Friday and she held for me. Couldn’t believe how it all went down lol but I ended up with a sweet addition to the collection

Well that worked out well huh? Hah congrats on the nice piece and glad they took you more serious.

Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:35 PM   #5
Rogerdodger1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN & 16234
Congratulations!
Rogerdodger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:37 PM   #6
sp006
"TRF" Member

Congrats!!

sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:40 PM   #7
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

Looks fantastic and congrats on the new Sub. Doesn’t look chunky at all and seems to fit you well.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:41 PM   #8
Angi
"TRF" Member

Old 9 September 2020, 01:46 PM   #9
ellio32
"TRF" Member

Nice watch!
ellio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:46 PM   #10
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Congratulations!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:51 PM   #11
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:

What a beauty. It’s when we think that a Sub can’t have more presence Rolex came out with this reference. The more I see it the more I love it.
Just look how seemingly the case lines flow with the bracelet compared to the GMT. A very beautiful and balanced watch.
Congratulations.

Old 9 September 2020, 01:56 PM   #12
Angi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
What a beauty. It’s when we think that a Sub can’t have more presence Rolex came out with this reference. The more I see it the more I love it.
Just look how seemingly the case lines flow with the bracelet compared to the GMT. A very beautiful and balanced watch.
Congratulations.

Funny the more I’m looking at it now next to the GMT I couldn’t agree with you more

Old 9 September 2020, 01:58 PM   #13
mimariani
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Great comparison...and congrats.
Date Just 41 - 126334
Sub - 14060m 2 liner
Tudor S&G
mimariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 02:03 PM   #14
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Congrats....I'd like to hear the details of the drama that led to this outcome, lol. The clasp looks like it has grown substantially, does it feel huge or is it the camera angle?
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 02:08 PM   #15
fixinbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Congrats....I'd like to hear the details of the drama that led to this outcome, lol. The clasp looks like it has grown substantially, does it feel huge or is it the camera angle?
Yeah, I’d like to see the Sub clasp next to the SD43 clasp
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 02:09 PM   #16
fsskog
"TRF" Member

Stunning piece.
fsskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 02:16 PM   #17
Angi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post

Haha it does feel big! Like when I look down at my wrist now...BOOM clasp in your face haha but I like it.

And for the details....2 weeks ago, I decided I wanted a black sub for myself..I was at the AD making a deposit for a meteorite dial Daydate and mentioned it. My sales lady said she will enquire with the manager..this is before we knew a new Submariner was coming out. Of course there were rumours but we didn’t know. A few days later she told me to come make a deposit but I was busy so we set a day for Tuesday... wich ironically was the day after Rolex announced the NEW Sub. Sooo that Monday when they announced it Txt my sales lady asking if I can get the green one. I have always hounded her for a hulk. She said just come Tuesday and we will figure something out. She’s pretty sure she can make it happen. But regardless I can make the deposit for a black one. Sooo I show up Tuesday and the manager tells me they just had a meeting and they can’t take deposits now.... so I drove all the way there and back on a very busy day for no reason. I have spent a nice amount at this AD and I do like them.... so I politely left but didn’t really say much other then I don’t want to waste anymore time in my day. Later on i msgd my sales lady and just explained to her how crazy it is to have me drive there to be told this. A text message would have saved us all some time lol and mentioned that I’m on the road so much for work and so busy. I wasted a hour each way and I only have 3 hours a day of my own time... sorry for the ramble but i figured it worth telling

Old 9 September 2020, 02:28 PM   #18
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Interesting story and great outcome. Thanks
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 02:37 PM   #19
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:
Haha it does feel big! Like when I look down at my wrist now...BOOM clasp in your face haha but I like it.

And for the details....2 weeks ago, I decided I wanted a black sub for myself..I was at the AD making a deposit for a meteorite dial Daydate and mentioned it. My sales lady said she will enquire with the manager..this is before we knew a new Submariner was coming out. Of course there were rumours but we didn’t know. A few days later she told me to come make a deposit but I was busy so we set a day for Tuesday... wich ironically was the day after Rolex announced the NEW Sub. Sooo that Monday when they announced it Txt my sales lady asking if I can get the green one. I have always hounded her for a hulk. She said just come Tuesday and we will figure something out. She’s pretty sure she can make it happen. But regardless I can make the deposit for a black one. Sooo I show up Tuesday and the manager tells me they just had a meeting and they can’t take deposits now.... so I drove all the way there and back on a very busy day for no reason. I have spent a nice amount at this AD and I do like them.... so I politely left but didn’t really say much other then I don’t want to waste anymore time in my day. Later on i msgd my sales lady and just explained to her how crazy it is to have me drive there to be told this. A text message would have saved us all some time lol and mentioned that I’m on the road so much for work and so busy. I wasted a hour each way and I only have 3 hours a day of my own time... sorry for the ramble but i figured it worth telling

I’m going to text my SA the same thing. Instead of a meteorite DD I’m going to swap it out with the new OP41. Lol. Jk. Yeah you had every right to be mad. You have a good sales associate to get you the sub so quickly.

On a serious note I just bought a gold Daytona and I’m not even promised a new sub. I have too inquired about the green one. From what I understand the new sub is going to be very difficult to acquire even for repeat customers. If you have no buying history it will be next to impossible unless the market dramatically changes. I was told if you have no purchase history no SS sports will be available to buy. I think a lot of OP 41s will be sold as the price of entry. If that’s even good enough. Anyways congratulations!

teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 03:18 PM   #20
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:

Yea, I'd be a little aggravated too. It is just silly how every AD is coming up with their own "rules" and all blaming Rolex.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 04:20 PM   #21
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

not gonna lie that clasp is just... too big. Great pick up OP
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 04:34 PM   #22
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Lucky to get one so early. Have to say, I’m more interested in the fact you were there putting a deposit down on a meteorite day date, how long did they tell you the wait is?

Just going to leave this here for you.

JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 04:42 PM   #23
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Man, that's a beautiful watch - congrats.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 06:54 PM   #24
Rokoru
"TRF" Member

Fits you great! I love the new Subs! I tried one on last Saturday and I was impressed. In all excitement I forgot to check the clasp, it looks a little big. I owned a Blackbay some years ago and I loved it and they have 22mm bracelets with no taper. So the Subs new bracelet size and clasp really do not concern me..
Rokoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 07:05 PM   #25
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

thank you for providing the back story, I would have had the same reaction as you OP.

I drove all the way here for this?

obviously your sales assistant sympathized. Would be interesting to see what would have become of this if you had just brushed it off and not shown your frustration.

all is well that ends well, enjoy your beautiful new timepiece
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 07:08 PM   #26
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Congrats !
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 07:09 PM   #27
Cyclops888
"TRF" Member

Many congrats with new Sub! And thanks a lot for the story how to get it.
Cyclops888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 07:44 PM   #28
GWL2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln, 116710ln
Congrats on the new sub. Looks great.

GWL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 08:17 PM   #29
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature