The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 February 2021, 06:31 AM   #691
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Curious when you got that 15202 and if it was your first new AP. Today is likely very different from only 1 or 2 years ago just like in case of the 5711. I got a 5711 blue as a new customer in 2018 after waiting 2.5 years. A few years earlier it would have been much easier and today it might not happen at all.
I got my 15202 a couple months ago. I had bought a 15500 last year to make a relationship with the boutique since my previous AP AD lost their license. Even the 15500 was easy for me to get. Took me a 4-5 months of waiting.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2021, 12:15 PM   #692
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
I got my 15202 a couple months ago. I had bought a 15500 last year to make a relationship with the boutique since my previous AP AD lost their license. Even the 15500 was easy for me to get. Took me a 4-5 months of waiting.

Was buying the 15500 all it took to establish the relationship and secure a 15202?

I would love to pickup a 15202 someday and I am picking up my 15500 from my boutique any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2021, 10:27 PM   #693
PPPP
"TRF" Member

Hi guys! Hoping to tap into your collective wisdom. Given how much 15202 prices have increased over time in the secondary market (which is the only realistic way for me to get one), and given that these would be available in my country at the same price, which would you prefer to buy (for frequent wearing and some value protection/retention):

USED 15202 jumbo steel: best looking, but used condition. not into investing but of course it does seem to be overpriced (no one likes to overpay!) given that its the same price for steel uncomplicated vs gold complication.

grey dealer new green "john mayor" rolex daytona chronograph: gold, trendy, also very nice watch, very iconic by now.

new VC Overseas gold bracelet from VC boutique: very new, very cool, beautiful thick gold bracelet that says wow. VC is also holy trinity but looks wise the blue dial seems abit too "royal" blue/iphone 12 blue to me. Anyone reckon VC overseas will become the next big thing?

Thank you for any inputs, having a hard time deciding
PPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2021, 12:33 AM   #694
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
Was buying the 15500 all it took to establish the relationship and secure a 15202?

I would love to pickup a 15202 someday and I am picking up my 15500 from my boutique any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 09:40 AM   #695
boostafazoom
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if I can straight up order a new bezel separately? I have a few scratches on mine, but don't necessarily want to replace or polish it. Just want a new bezel to keep so I can replace it later..

Never had service before, do they have to take away your old bezel if you want to get a new one?
boostafazoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 09:47 AM   #696
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPP View Post
Hi guys! Hoping to tap into your collective wisdom. Given how much 15202 prices have increased over time in the secondary market (which is the only realistic way for me to get one), and given that these would be available in my country at the same price, which would you prefer to buy (for frequent wearing and some value protection/retention):

USED 15202 jumbo steel: best looking, but used condition. not into investing but of course it does seem to be overpriced (no one likes to overpay!) given that its the same price for steel uncomplicated vs gold complication.

grey dealer new green "john mayor" rolex daytona chronograph: gold, trendy, also very nice watch, very iconic by now.

new VC Overseas gold bracelet from VC boutique: very new, very cool, beautiful thick gold bracelet that says wow. VC is also holy trinity but looks wise the blue dial seems abit too "royal" blue/iphone 12 blue to me. Anyone reckon VC overseas will become the next big thing?

Of the 3, I will pick the JM Daytona. I think it’s almost to the point of discontinuation anytime now. I never like the 15202, the JLC movement and the non quick set date drives me nuts each time. Aesthetic wise it’s a beauty and I’m glad the 16202 solves all the problems I had with it. (Not going to get into any argument with the 15202 purists here….) the VC blue is too sunburst for my liking. If it was the blue used for the QP then it’s beautiful.

Between the JM Daytona and the 16202 - no question the 16202. AP finishing is higher level than any Rolex.

So for me it’s 16202 > JM Daytona 116508 > 15202 > VCO
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 11:49 AM   #697
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Of the 3, I will pick the JM Daytona. I think it’s almost to the point of discontinuation anytime now. I never like the 15202, the JLC movement and the non quick set date drives me nuts each time. Aesthetic wise it’s a beauty and I’m glad the 16202 solves all the problems I had with it. (Not going to get into any argument with the 15202 purists here….) the VC blue is too sunburst for my liking. If it was the blue used for the QP then it’s beautiful.

Between the JM Daytona and the 16202 - no question the 16202. AP finishing is higher level than any Rolex.

So for me it’s 16202 > JM Daytona 116508 > 15202 > VCO
Hm, I'm confused. Isn't a grey market green dial 116508 about 3x the price of the RG VCO at retail ($55k in US/HK, USD $65k when converting from CNY), and the 15202 about 2-3x? If OP can get 116508 and 15202 for $55k, the correct answer is all of them...

If OP has to task, 16202 really doesn't come into the picture.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 02:32 PM   #698
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:

For me..

If all 3 is available for the same price, I would go with either JM Daytona / Overseas Gold Bracelet > 15202

As much as I'm a big AP and 15202 fan, i can never truly understand nor justify the insane secondary prices that it currently calls.

So if it is between JM Daytona and Overseas Gold, if you want to hold it for price retention slightly more, go with the daytona, and if you want to wear it more often the Overseas would be funner esp with the easy strap change.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 01:07 PM   #699
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 01:31 PM   #700
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Looking at this I realized that I can't tell 15202 and 16202 apart on pictures - looks like it's just the somewhat darker/duller blue, or are there any other clues (from the front)?
Old 1 March 2022, 01:53 PM   #701
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Looking at this I realized that I can't tell 15202 and 16202 apart on pictures - looks like it's just the somewhat darker/duller blue, or are there any other clues (from the front)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 02:50 AM   #702
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

I pick up my brand new 15202ST (which Id imagine is one of the last new ones, period) with custom rotor (you guys will laugh when I post the design) that they just completed for me in a couple weeks...needless to say, I'm more excited for this watch than maybe any other watch I've ever been lucky enough to be able to have happen...
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 03:11 AM   #703
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The Royal Oak started the whole trend of steel sports watch. It’s place in horological is monumental and immortal. Also, you like it the most aesthetically.

I’m not feeling the JM Daytona. I respect JM in more ways than one, and he is one of the most sophisticated watch collectors out there. But the only reason why the JM Daytona is where it is, is because Mayer said so (duh). And I’m not drawn to that dynamic, and feeds into the current state of the world where preferences are dependent on one person’s (or a few people’s) view. Without JM, this would probably trade in line with the white gold blue dial variant, maybe even lower.

Same with Paul Newman Daytona. Isn’t it a much more inferior watch to its peers (e.g. the speed master) at that time? If so, are we really treating it like a grail just because Paul Newman’s significant other got him that?
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 10:21 AM   #704
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

Is the RG blue dial 15202 basically unobtanium? I've purchased two watches (RO and ROO) from my local boutique now in the last year (and bought another RO grey). Just curious if it would be reasonable to ask for (and possibly receive) that watch at this point in the relationship or if I need to buy more pieces first?
impactplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 10:24 AM   #705
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
I pick up my brand new 15202ST (which Id imagine is one of the last new ones, period) with custom rotor (you guys will laugh when I post the design) that they just completed for me in a couple weeks...needless to say, I'm more excited for this watch than maybe any other watch I've ever been lucky enough to be able to have happen...
Congrats, Drew. Now just need to post your custom rotor
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 11:47 AM   #706
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post

Derpy coming to pictures near you 😂
Old 2 March 2022, 01:35 PM   #707
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
Is the RG blue dial 15202 basically unobtanium? I've purchased two watches (RO and ROO) from my local boutique now in the last year (and bought another RO grey). Just curious if it would be reasonable to ask for (and possibly receive) that watch at this point in the relationship or if I need to buy more pieces first?
There are probably 10's of thousands of clients who bought two or more APs in the last few years. There are maybe a few handful, if any, RG 15202s still floating around in the system. Asking is fine, but receiving will be a challenge - math for the 50th 16202s isn't much better.
Old 2 March 2022, 03:57 PM   #708
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
There are probably 10's of thousands of clients who bought two or more APs in the last few years. There are maybe a few handful, if any, RG 15202s still floating around in the system. Asking is fine, but receiving will be a challenge - math for the 50th 16202s isn't much better.
That's what I was wondering. Has the RG 15202 been discontinued? Or is it just super low production?
impactplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:21 PM   #709
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post

Want to see this too!
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2022, 02:27 PM   #710
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Well guys, took delivery of my 15202st today…and you all know how a 15202st looks, so I’ll just show you the special part about mine, and I couldn’t be more proud to present it ��. My derpy dinosaur drawing that the magicians at AP made real and one of my car commission (singer for those who are car fans here) names above it and fittingly so given it’s on the rotor of an automatic watch. I love when a good sense of humor meets a serious watch!

Old 10 March 2022, 02:55 PM   #711
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Wow! didn't know they could do that
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote