The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 August 2019, 07:44 AM   #31
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I hear ya. Their prices for brand new watches are amazing. If you are buying a watch to keep forever it's not an issue. If you go to sell it you will have to knock probably 20% off your asking price if it doesn't come with the original signed warranty card from the AD.
I may be missing something here but if one keeps a watch past the 2 years of warranty. How would whether it has an expired signed card affect its value 20% or any percent? I do understand if the watch is less than the warranty term.
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 10:17 AM   #32
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCO1 View Post
I may be missing something here but if one keeps a watch past the 2 years of warranty. How would whether it has an expired signed card affect its value 20% or any percent? I do understand if the watch is less than the warranty term.
Because people want everything with a watch when they buy it and the original Omega warranty card, even if out of date, is part of that. Just like folks want the hang tag, the inner box, the outer box, and spare links and accessories. So not having that card hurts the value. Check the classified section and see how many advertise "original dated Omega warranty card" in the listing. When they don't have that they have to lower the price accordingly. Same thing if they don't have the box. It's all part of the package...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote