The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 August 2022, 09:33 PM   #1
Ketler
"TRF" Member

A question from a newcomer to Omega...

I'm interested in purchasing my first Omega and I have chosen the Speedmaster...

The two I am looking at would be the new Speedmaster Pro with the Acrylic Crystal and the Ed White...

Now I understand that the Ed White is nearly impossible to get (According to my AD) and twice the price (more or less) of the Pro...

My question is, and I realize that "Worth" is relative, but is the Ed White "worth" the extra $$$...???
Ketler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 10:07 PM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
"Worth it" is a realtive term.

There are numerous threads on this page of the Omega forum talking about the 321.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=860349

To me, yes it would be worth it if I could get one. Since I cannot get one, I am very happy with my 3861
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 10:37 PM   #3
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I would like to have an Ed White Speedmaster. That being said, it's not 'worth" it to me. I am very happy with my older 1861.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 11:38 PM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Well since you asked I'll give you my humble opinion. If you're new to Omega and want to experience the best they can offer, stick to the classic watches and no other is better than the basic hesalite Speedmaster Professional. No need to jump on the hard to get or hype bandwagon. The Ed White is a tribute to the original 321 cal Speedmaster so unless you have history with the brand and owned a 105.003 or a 145.012 in the past or still own one, the 321 cal means nothing to you, so you'd just be trying hard to impress others and get likes on watch forums or show how good your relationship is with your boutique. If you can't talk about what's on your wrist don't do it. It's embarrassing. So, just go to the nearest Omega store and ask to try a classic hesalite Speedmaster Professional, and if you like it go for it. Once again, this is just my humble opinion. Best of luck. Cheers.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 01:32 AM   #5
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

Get the new 3861...great watch made to look like the historic models but with the newest movement technology. Mine wears like a dream and runs crazy accurate. Worth every penny. I would not be willing to pay twice for anything similar.
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 09:14 AM   #6
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Well since you asked I'll give you my humble opinion. If you're new to Omega and want to experience the best they can offer, stick to the classic watches and no other is better than the basic hesalite Speedmaster Professional. No need to jump on the hard to get or hype bandwagon. The Ed White is a tribute to the original 321 cal Speedmaster so unless you have history with the brand and owned a 105.003 or a 145.012 in the past or still own one, the 321 cal means nothing to you, so you'd just be trying hard to impress others and get likes on watch forums or show how good your relationship is with your boutique. If you can't talk about what's on your wrist don't do it. It's embarrassing. So, just go to the nearest Omega store and ask to try a classic hesalite Speedmaster Professional, and if you like it go for it. Once again, this is just my humble opinion. Best of luck. Cheers.
Well said!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote