The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2011, 06:25 AM   #1
rachelb
Banned

Seamaster Liquid Metal

Legal advise required.

As you know, I've been enquiring about the liquid Metal Limited Edition, at the moment, I won't mention the name of the watch shop but it is in the UK. 2 weeks ago I managed to track down a liquid metal seamaster limited edition, this was done on the phone when the manager of the shop said he had one left that was brand new. I therefore paid £1000 of my debit card and as the shop is in England, and I live in Scotland, the manager said he would send the watch to Scotland as they have another branch in Scotland. A week later I received a call from the jewellery shop in Scotland stating that my watch was in their possession and was ready for collection and that I would have to pay the outstanding balance when i picked up my watch. I drove down to the shop which is a considerable distance away from my home town at a cost of £40.00 in petrol. Some days before, I asked the shop assistant to check the watch to see if all the papers were there and that there was no problem with the watch, she therefore called me back and said the watch is new and is in the box and everything is fine and we are awaiting your visit to the shop to collect your watch. I therefore arrived in the shop 25/06/2011 to settle the remaining balance and pick up the watch, the assistant brought the watch out and opened the box and to my shock/horror 2 booklets and the cleaning cloth were missing, the watch had scratches on the side of the lugs and it was clearly for all to see more scratches on the watch and this was clerarly not a new watch. The assistant could clearly see the scratches on the watch without an eye glass, as you can appreciate I was extremely angry as I had travelled 120 miles to pick up my new watch, and to find that it was scratched, no plastic tags were on it and in fact it was a disgrace. I asked the assistant why she said to me on the phone that the watch was all in order when she clearly acknowledged when I was in the shop that the watch was clearly scratched all over. She profusely appologised and then rang the shop's head office in England explaining that I had visited the shop to pick up the watch and that the watch was certainly not a new watch which I had purchased from them in good faith. I was told that they will contact Omega on Monday to see if they can get a replacement watch that is new. Can you advise me what my rights are and what I should do, they have £1,000 of my money, I turned up to pay the outstanding balance, only to find it was a used watch, scratched and 2 booklets and cleaning cloth missing, I would like to know your thoughts.
rachelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2011, 10:19 PM   #2
hunz

Watch: Rolex, SINN
how many cards were there, there should be 4

could someone who own's a full set LM PO post exactly what's included? thanks
hunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 12:03 AM   #3
barstoolman
Banned

Your options seem rather simple to me.............either negotiate a discounted price for the watch since it is not new as described, find out if in fact you can get a new from the factory watch or get your money back. Frustrating to be sure but not a tough one to figure out.

Good luck!!!!
barstoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 12:03 AM   #4
jmsrolls
Banned

Here's what came with mine:

Black outer box
Black inner box
3-year co-axial warranty tag
Polishing cloth
Operating Instructions
Black wallet
International Warranty card
Limited Series card
Pictograms card
Chronometer Certificate card
Certificate of Authenticity

I pray the AD gets the matter straight for you. The PO LM is an awesome piece.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 12:16 AM   #5
hunz

thanks Fr John so just one booklet (instructions)? -- OP seems to think there is two.
Old 28 June 2011, 12:44 AM   #6
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunz View Post
thanks Fr John so just one booklet (instructions)? -- OP seems to think there is two.
There is one instruction booklet and a fold-out Certificate of Authenticity which some might consider a booklet.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 12:59 AM   #7
hunz

ok thanks

could you please post a photo of the whole set? only if you have time that is. thanks very much
Old 28 June 2011, 01:45 AM   #8
rachelb
Banned

Hi Guys, thanks for your reply. What came with the watch was,

1. Outer Black Box
2. The box with the watch in it
3. 4 red plastic cards
4. 1 black wallet that holds the cards
5. 1 black leaflet with picture of the watch on the outside and inside gives the number of the watch.

There was nothing else there.

I believe there should have been a red Omega Operating Instructions Book and a white leaflet the same size as the omega book, but I'm not sure what should be in it and there was no cloth and also no plastic tab. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I googled this and this is what was said what the watchs should come with. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 28 June 2011, 02:47 AM   #9
salem65
"TRF" Member

Watch: JS Watch co. 101
I wouldn't worry about what came with it or didn't. The damned thing had scratches on it; that is enough of an issue right there to decline it.
Old 28 June 2011, 03:49 AM   #10
hunz

The fact that its missing elements of a complete set confirms its dodgy, let alone brand new.

rachelb, I assume its a watch dealer and not an Omega Boutique you're dealing with?
Old 28 June 2011, 05:21 AM   #11
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
I would just negotiate a really huge discount and pay the price of a used one, get it properly serviced by them for free and hopefully have the scratches removed and wear this amazing and genuinely quiet sought after watch, to my knowledge...it is bad what happened with you but try getting the situation to tilt in your favour as much as you would want to for the watch :)

best of luck with the outcome
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 06:03 AM   #12
rachelb
Banned

Once again, thanks for your replies and advice. The shop is an authorised Omega dealer and they have informed me they are seeking to replace the watch with a brand new one from Omega. I have been told and this may help others, that the liquid metal omega is in it's last phase of production and that there is a last batch being sent to dealers in the UK. Apparently, they will be delivered to Omega retailers in 12 weeks time, thereafter production has finished, so hopefully I should be given a replacement new watch. I have taken legal advice and have been told that if the watch shop can find a replacement same new watch then they must replace that watch at the price that was agreed previously.
Old 28 June 2011, 04:14 PM   #13
hunz

what was the price?
Old 29 June 2011, 01:14 AM   #14
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon14

A friend of mine is selling his and I am curious as to the price in the UK. I was thinking about buying it , but I hate to buy a watch and then one day when I care to unload it, no one wants it or they don't see any trade value in it. I really like the Omega line, but have lost interest because of the lack of interest / value retention when I want to sell it.

Rolex sports models have been my safest bet in this hobby.
DARK_KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 12:57 AM   #15
hunz

hmmm, yeah, how much of a hit do you have to take with an Omega vs Rolex, anyone got percentages?
Old 1 July 2011, 01:40 AM   #16
bob-e
"TRF" Member

Watch: GSAR,Omega 3572.50
If I contemplate selling a watch before I buy it, I probably don't need it. ;)
bob-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 03:45 AM   #17
Lanfor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
A friend of mine is selling his and I am curious as to the price in the UK. I was thinking about buying it , but I hate to buy a watch and then one day when I care to unload it, no one wants it or they don't see any trade value in it. I really like the Omega line, but have lost interest because of the lack of interest / value retention when I want to sell it.

Rolex sports models have been my safest bet in this hobby.
I beleive the UK retail is £3580, off the top of my head. Too right, Rolex hold their value much better than Omega, especially the Rolex sport models. It's a shame Omega don't retain their value so well as they are beautiful, well made watches !
Lanfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 06:21 AM   #18
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, however hopefuly you will get a replacement real soon.

Please keep us posted and I hope to see wrist PICs soon. I think this version of the watch looks realy great.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 07:01 AM   #19
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I would either ask for a discount on the new one that you are waiting on, to compensate for your travel and inconvenience, or get your money back.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Lanfor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
I would either ask for a discount on the new one that you are waiting on, to compensate for your travel and inconvenience, or get your money back.
X2
Lanfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2011, 06:35 AM   #21
rachelb
Banned

Omega Liquid Metal

Thanks for your support. Just to update you, the director from the Omega Shop contacted me and has said there is 150 Liquid Metal Omega's being sent to the UK in the next 4 to 12 weeks, as their shop has opened another official Omega Boutique, they have been allocated 3, one of which has been requested by them to Omega in Switzerland to be sent asap and thereafter will be forwarded to me for collection.

It is my understanding that Omega are trying to upgrade their name and are only allowing their brand to be sold by upmarket retailers.

He has agreed to pay me my £40 refund and to keep to the original deal that was made, so hopefully matters will work out well and I will post picutres of my watch.

It will be interesting to see what number of the 150 will be on the watch.

Thanks for your support.

RachelB
Old 2 July 2011, 06:47 AM   #22
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfor View Post
I beleive the UK retail is £3580, off the top of my head. Too right, Rolex hold their value much better than Omega, especially the Rolex sport models. It's a shame Omega don't retain their value so well as they are beautiful, well made watches !
They are great watches. I have the great white model.

Anyways............I'm glad to read that the OP seems to happy with the deal they offered him/her.
DARK_KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2011, 09:43 AM   #23
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelb View Post
Thanks for your support. Just to update you, the director from the Omega Shop contacted me and has said there is 150 Liquid Metal Omega's being sent to the UK in the next 4 to 12 weeks, as their shop has opened another official Omega Boutique, they have been allocated 3, one of which has been requested by them to Omega in Switzerland to be sent asap and thereafter will be forwarded to me for collection.

It is my understanding that Omega are trying to upgrade their name and are only allowing their brand to be sold by upmarket retailers.

He has agreed to pay me my £40 refund and to keep to the original deal that was made, so hopefully matters will work out well and I will post picutres of my watch.

It will be interesting to see what number of the 150 will be on the watch.

Thanks for your support.

RachelB
good news. sounds like a fair deal too. im pretty sure it'd be a random number out of 1948, as there were 1948 pieces made
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 08:13 AM   #24
InTime
Banned

polishing cloth???? how come i didnt get one of these?
InTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 08:49 AM   #25
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTime View Post
polishing cloth???? how come i didnt get one of these?
Very happy with my watch but I definitely never got a cloth either.

Oh wellI think a visit to my AD might be due

Only kidding - It's a watch - wear it!
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 09:08 AM   #26
InTime
Banned

o wow u made a new name. i see. congrats! awesome choice
InTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 09:56 AM   #27
Perdu
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
You have the right to get your money back or have them get a new watch from Omega.

Benson 1937 Sterling Silver Hunter
Perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2012, 07:44 AM   #28
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTime View Post
o wow u made a new name. i see. congrats! awesome choice
No new name - just same proud nation
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote