The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 27 October 2014, 04:55 PM   #1
*Erik

Everest Bands - Customer Service

Good evening all, I happen to come across Everest Bands while in search for an alternative clasp for my Explorer 114270. A clasp that would allow me to center the clasp without removing a permanent link.

I've read some good reviews, mostly from TRF, with positive experience with their products so I decided to order their clasp which promptly arrived a week later (3 Oct). I installed it on my Explorer took some happy snaps and removed the protective film and opened the latch but then discovered that the clasp wouldn't open.

After a brief email exchange with Michael I was promised a replacement clasp with a return envelop for the defective one, "Great service!" .

I waited 9 days and hadn't received the replacement so I emailed to ask for a tracking number but did not receive a reply so I emailed again 3 days later and after 4 days David replied to my email and said he would have Michael reply to me "Today". 7 days later... I think I'll wait until Rolex offers me the easylink clasp upon service.

Do you think I've been impatient in all this? What else can one do in this situation?
*Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2014, 04:59 PM   #2
*Erik

Email Trail:

Sent: 05 October 2014 10:06:17
To: info@everestbands.com (info@everestbands.com)
Hello Everest,
Thank you, I have received the clasp very speedily and it fit my Explorer 114270 (36mm) perfectly. I do have a problem with it though, after this photo was taken (attached) I found that the clasp does not open. The latch opens but not the clasp itself which would allow me to wear the watch.
I'm hoping it is a one off defect, could you please arrange a replacement and suggest how I should return this one?
Thanks for your help.
Erik

Sent: 05 October 2014 10:14:23
Erik
You need to remove the blue plastic so that you can open it.
If you need anything else, just ask!
Mike
Michael DiMartini

Sent: 05 October 2014 10:23:13
To: Michael DiMartini (mikedimartini@gmail.com)
Yes the plastic film was removed the photo was just to show that it fit my bracelet. As mentioned I opened the latch which I wouldn't be able to do with the film on but the clasp itself does not open.
Erik

Sent: 05 October 2014 11:02:01
Erik
No worries. A replacement will ship Monday and an envelope to return the defective one. :)
Mike
Michael DiMartini

Sent: 05 October 2014 16:38:48
Thanks Michael, I appreciate your help with this!
Erik

Sent: 15 October 2014 08:16:26
Hi Michael,
I was just wondering if you could please provide the tracking number for the package you sent me last Monday 6th October with the replacement clasp.
I appreciate your help.
Erik

Sent: 18 October 2014 09:16:41
To: info@everestbands.com (info@everestbands.com)
Hi Everestbands,
I emailed on the 4th of October about a faulty clasp that I bought from you and Michael kindly replied that a replacement would be sent out on Monday (6th October). I haven't received it yet, and I haven't received a reply from Michael I'd very much appreciate confirmation that it was sent on Monday 6th Oct with a tracking number please.
Erik

Sent: 21 October 2014 02:01:25
Erik,
I will have Michael check on this for you and get back to you today.
Sorry - but we will figure this out quickly and resend if need be.
David
Old 27 October 2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Jake B
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Sub 116618LN
How is this related to the discussion of Rolex watches?
Old 27 October 2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
This shouldn't be aired in a public forum. The forum has no dog in the fight. and it isn't the place of the forum or it's members to resolve disputes.

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2014, 09:29 PM   #5
*Erik

Apologies gentleman, if a moderator could please assist and move this thread to a more appropriate place I would appreciate it. I was unsure of where else to place this, I felt WatchOut!!! was inappropriate and Open Discussion also as it is related to Rolex i.e. EB's target market are Rolex owners.

I thought it may be helpful for others considering purchasing from EB to know of my experience. Often we advise others to "Buy the seller first" after all.
Old 29 October 2014, 05:05 AM   #6
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
On a related note... my local AD carries Everest and I ordered a blue one for my Sub. That was at least 6 weeks ago. I gave up on it long ago. I ask about it every time I go in and they apologize and call to see where it is. I no longer want it. I bought a RubberB for my DSSD and I can't imagine it could be as good. I wanted to do a side by side review... but I can't do it without the band.