The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 20 February 2018, 01:30 PM   #31
vijayvijay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Just from speaking to a lot of them on the phone I know there are some ADs in CA that will accept deposits and have been told putting a deposit down certainly helps your positioning. With the 5712 this is true from my experience in speaking to CJ Charles (AD in La Jolla). Also, forgot the name but AD in Naples, FL accept deposits and stated it provides an advantage. Nothing is certain with any of these lists of course and I have no clue how effective the deposit really is. Just sharing my findings from speaking to various ADs -- most don't even bring up putting down a deposit.
Thank you for recommendation. Will call them first thing tomm..
vijayvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 10:15 PM   #32
vijayvijay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
A couple of years ago I was debating if a nearly new one was worth £20K and thought no and went with RG instead... now they are £35K...

I have one story similar. Anyway. Water under the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 February 2018, 11:54 PM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvijay View Post
I have one story similar. Anyway. Water under the bridge.

Well at least the RG 5711 is now nearly £45K.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 02:07 AM   #34
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Thanks for the honesty. If I have to start some where. What would be your suggestion.

The best solution would be to buy some other PP model not so in demand, for example a RG Aquanaut, I got my 5712, the AD is the friend of a friend, then got the 5167R’ and then he got me the Daytona C and the 5711, he told me that without the 5167R he couldn’t have gotten me a 5711, the Daytona probably but not the PP.
I wanted the 5167R so it wasn’t just to be able to get the 5711 after, but without it no way I would have gotten the 5711, maybe I would have been on list and would have gotten it in 3-4 years.
Of course if you cannot put the extra money for another watch then you just have to rely on luck, but with the demand exploding for the 5712, better find a very small AD, one in a big city will have VIP clients and guys getting expensive watches wanting one, and on list or not those guys are gonna pass you for sure.
Very happy I got the 2 Nautilus I wanted when I see how crazy the market has become... Good luck
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 08:18 PM   #35
vijayvijay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
The best solution would be to buy some other PP model not so in demand, for example a RG Aquanaut, I got my 5712, the AD is the friend of a friend, then got the 5167R’ and then he got me the Daytona C and the 5711, he told me that without the 5167R he couldn’t have gotten me a 5711, the Daytona probably but not the PP.
I wanted the 5167R so it wasn’t just to be able to get the 5711 after, but without it no way I would have gotten the 5711, maybe I would have been on list and would have gotten it in 3-4 years.
Of course if you cannot put the extra money for another watch then you just have to rely on luck, but with the demand exploding for the 5712, better find a very small AD, one in a big city will have VIP clients and guys getting expensive watches wanting one, and on list or not those guys are gonna pass you for sure.
Very happy I got the 2 Nautilus I wanted when I see how crazy the market has become... Good luck

Thanks for your suggestion. Just no other nautilus speaks to me. The one other watch I have in mind is 5970. Would love to use this as entry piece and work my way up the ladder.

Old 21 February 2018, 08:24 PM   #36
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. Just no other nautilus speaks to me. The one other watch I have in mind is 5970. Would love to use this as entry piece and work my way up the ladder.

You are not mistaking 5970 for 5270? The 5970 is not in production any more and it has been some time, if you are thinking 5270 they are around 100k if I am not mistaken
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 08:26 PM   #37
vijayvijay
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=lapince;8302012]You are not mistaking 5970 for 5270? The 5970 is not in production any more and it has been some time, if you are thinking 5270 they are around 100k if I am not mistaken[

5270 or 5970. Either one will do. . One day.