The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 October 2021, 06:47 AM   #1
greenlight77
"TRF" Member

Navitimer A23322 fair price

Hi guys, I’m thinking of buying a blue dial Breitling Navitimer from a friend that lives abroad. Unfortunately I dont have pics but it was a daily wearer for about 10 years and although no damage reflects daily usage. 42mm, from 2007, on a v well worn OEM leather strap with tang buckle. B&P but quite tattered.

I’m in a strange position in that he has told me to price it and do so fairly, indicating he will accept my price. In the country he’s in he can’t sell it easily so I think my offer is probably his only realistic way to sell, but I dont want to rip him off!

On Chrono24 I see them going for around £3.5k and I would think there’s a 1-1.5k premium baked in. Therefore I’m thinking of offering 2-2.5k. In the sales corner of another forum I see them priced around the 3k mark but dont seem to generate much interest and therefore I would think a fair price is lower.

What do you guys think? am I lowballing him at £2.25k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenlight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 10:24 PM   #2
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

It's really hard to price any watch without photos. Most collectors will tell you that condition trumps example and I would have to agree. I think you are in the correct ballpark judging by your comments alone. These older Navitimers sell for around 4-5k USD here in the States. If it is truly well worn, I'd subtract almost another 1k.

If you do purchase the watch, I would absolutely have it polished and touched up with a new OEM strap applied. Since they are fully polished, they can show some considerable wear after 10 years. There's no need to keep it "original." I would make sure your price offered to your friend also reflects the amount you're going to invest in having it restored. It's due for a service anyway.

Best of luck to you.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2021, 06:44 AM   #3
greenlight77
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenlight77 is offline   Reply With Quote