The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 November 2021, 04:36 AM   #1
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Rolex Cellini Strap Buckle Purchase

I have a Cellini Moonphase which comes standard with an everrose deployant buckle. I like the watch, but despise the deployant buckle. It causes the watch to slide over toward the 12:00 side and wear off-center, both with the regular strap and also with the short strap.

I inquired with my AD to purchase a standard everrose buckle, but they told me Rolex won't allow it, since the buckle only comes standard on the Date/Time models but not the Moonphase, and they won't sell parts that aren't specific to the model (btw, they will sell me the standard non-deployant strap, just not the standard buckle).

Hard to believe Rolex would have such a policy even for customers that purchased the watch legitimately at AD - it's just a buckle, for eff's sake.

So, does anybody know where I could buy the standard Rolex Cellini everrose buckle, or could someone recommend an AD that might be able to help? (If so, please feel free to contact me via PM).

Thanks, all.
MadSpaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 05:03 AM   #2
"TRF" Member

Ask your AD to order you the XS strap.

I have the same watch and went to RSC NY and there were several sizes of of the short strap.

I have a small wrist and the 6’oclock side needs to be very short in order for the buckle to fit centered. At the RSC they were able to get the perfect fit.
3581512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 06:05 AM   #3
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Do a search for places that sell vintage watch parts, there are lots of them. I can’t remember the name of it, but I bought an OEM Omega tang buckle from one of these type vendors. Rose gold might be less common than steel but I bet you can find one.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 06:55 AM   #4
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

So I finally managed to find a local AD who was kind enough to help (different than my usual AD). I showed them my watch, told them the problem I was having with the deployant, and they submitted the order for the regular 16mm tang buckle straight away. Problem solved.

Then I called the Rolex Service Center in NYC to inquire about leather straps. All regular model straps have the same 20mm/16mm width as the Moonphase, but Rolex told me they would not offer one for my watch as those regular straps are not intended for the Moonphase because that model comes with the deployant-ready strap only.

So back to AD, ordered the regular strap I wanted, problem solved again.

I understand protecting the brand and all of that. But honestly, this Rolex mandate on buckles/straps really is absurd, especially for customers who purchased their watch legitimately at AD, and have a clearly visible issue with the wearability of their watch.

Maintaining brand standards is one thing, but it's quite another to be intransigent and unreasonable.

Anyway, I ultimately got what I needed, so it all ended up OK.
Old 6 December 2021, 02:50 AM   #5
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
Hey OP. Timely post. I have a cellini dual time in everose and am currently working with my AD the other way. I have the normal tang buckle but want the deployant crownclasp.

They said they think they can get it, but would let me know this week. My guess is, from your post, I may be forced to buy a strap as well. I guess that won't be too much more but have no idea what I'm looking at price wise. My hope is the deployant isn't more than 3k.

Reading your post makes me think getting the XS strap anyway might be a good idea since you had fitment issues. I have a 6.75in wrist fwiw. Or my AD could say that I can't get any of it. We shall see.
Old 6 December 2021, 05:42 AM   #6
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Yes, I believe you will also need a different strap, I think the deployant-specific straps are actually different than the buckle-specific straps (it seems the short sides are of different lengths).

Keep trying, with luck you'll find an AD that will accommodate your wish for the deployant (the trick seems to be how they phrase the order, e.g. as a replacement for a broken part, rather than as an additional accessory).

It's annoying that Rolex won't allow customers to order whatever extra buckles they want. Other brands, notably Patek, allow it without any hassles.
Old 6 December 2021, 06:27 AM   #7
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
Thanks. Would you be comfortable in sharing with me what the price is for what you're getting? (Strap and new 18k pin buckle)....I understand the deployant clasp im seeking will be significantly more, but just trying to get an idea where the pain starts lol....
Old 6 December 2021, 06:41 PM   #8
tquieng
"TRF" Member

Ebay
tquieng is offline   Reply With Quote