The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 February 2020, 01:51 PM   #1
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Incoming! Finally reunited!

Well, what a day it's been. Since 2007 I've owned (and sold) 4 Omega watches. They've always been in the shadow of Rolex to me back in the day and none have ever been missed.

A few years ago I acted on my favourite model. The biggest mistake I made was settling for one without papers (well, warranty cards). This eventually made me trade it with a few other watches to get my GMT when this was still a possibility

Images from 4 years ago

Well, I found a full set selling in Toronto and sniped it at the end of the auction!!!!! Very cool how it all played out and on Oscar night too, just to make it more memorable. With my birthday coming up in March and the release of the new Bond film in April I'm very happy to have the Omega brand back in my life.

The piece should be here in 2-3 days Here are some shots from the listing:

Can't wait for this to arrive!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2020, 09:31 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
A cool watch. I look forward to seeing your incoming pictures.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2020, 10:58 PM   #3
Heu
"TRF" Member

Nice!
Heu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2020, 03:36 AM   #4
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
A cool watch. I look forward to seeing your incoming pictures.
Thanks! That's why it's the only one of the bunch I missed. Don't get my wrong, I did like the 2220.80 and original Planet Ocean 45mm (oh, and my vintage Seamaster) but this one really does it for me.

It combines the classic styling from the 90s James Bond era with my favourite complication. I might also add the new Planet Ocean Chronograph in a year or so but it doesn't feel as versatile. Albeit a very nice piece, I have to try on the newest version to see if I like it a bit more than the recently discontinued version seen below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heu View Post
Nice!
It is! I hardly slept last night Today I'm paying the price for it though. At least my tracking number has been provided so I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow. The location is just slightly north of downtown Toronto but with work I couldn't find the time to collect it in person (30 mins drive, roughly). As soon as the package arrives I'll be sure to post.
Old 11 February 2020, 07:22 AM   #5
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Congrats. I have always admired that watch. Enjoy.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2020, 01:34 PM   #6
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
Congrats. I have always admired that watch. Enjoy.
Thanks, Max! I'm working from home / remotely tomorrow because of an unanticipated issue with my car. It'll be sorted out tomorrow, nonetheless.

I want things to be perfect when it arrives!
Old 11 February 2020, 01:58 PM   #7
jameholz01
Banned

Watch: 116500
Thumbs Up!
jameholz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2020, 02:53 PM   #8
Therolexboyz
Banned

Nice!! I sold my Speedy Tuesday a couple of years ago and was kind of sick over it. I was able to re-acquire about 6 months ago, feels good to get a loved one back!
Therolexboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2020, 10:26 PM   #9
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameholz01 View Post
Thumbs Up!
Thanks! I'm here anxiously waiting for it to say out for delivery! I'm not sure what time they'll come by but I've asked my brother to be here to sign for it since I'll likely still be at the mechanic doing work while he fixed my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therolexboyz View Post
Nice!! I sold my Speedy Tuesday a couple of years ago and was kind of sick over it. I was able to re-acquire about 6 months ago, feels good to get a loved one back!

I'm so glad you were able to get it back! The same thing also happened for a Raymond Weil W1 Parsifal I had after high school. It was my first Swiss watch but sold it to a friend. Luckily I sourced another a few years back! Other than that nothing else has been missed.

I'm assuming yours is also a keeper now?
Old 12 February 2020, 08:50 AM   #10
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Well done Rommell it looks great!
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2020, 08:55 AM   #11
Art 1
Banned

Wearing this today Rommell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 February 2020, 09:09 AM   #12
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Here it is! The watch arrived, however there's now a dispute. So all else seems good but the crown will not screw down... This is my 5th Omega, I've had two Rolex watches before (still own one), and Seiko's with screw down crowns.

The seller is claiming it wasn't like this when it was shipped, then back peddled a bit when I provided images on eBay to show the issue, then saying it probably happened in transit LOL. Anyway, right now he has 5 days to send me a return label (which he already originally refused) or eBay will rule in my favour.

He claims to have a watchmaker at Omega who can fix this but he also claimed it was looked over by a watchmaker before shipping... So my proposition is for me to send it to an authorized dealer or Swatch Canada for the repair or give me a partial refund to rectify this.

Anyway, here are two shots I took:

Sadly this is a hard to find piece, especially domestically in Canada. I'll be sure to keep you all posted here.
Old 12 February 2020, 10:11 AM   #13
Art 1
Banned

Sorry to hear this.
Old 12 February 2020, 11:38 AM   #14
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah, it's truly a shame! I never usually buy anything (especially like this) off eBay but none were available anywhere else in Canada that I had access to.

Buying even from the US can at times get you hit with additional duties, etc.

I have to see if the seller provides more transparency on who would be doing the repair under his warranty, if he can just partially reimburse me so I can drop it off at an AD for a proper service, and much more.

It's the principal here really. Advertised as "ready to wear" when out of the box the crown couldn't screw down.

If I let this one go I'm not sure when I'll find another example with all of the cards. I'll have to wait and see if I'll be able to work this out with the seller. Here is the lengthy description that has no mention of the issue.

Quote:
Offered for auction this outstanding men's watch: the OMEGA Seamaster Professional Chronometer 300m automatic chronograph ref. # 22258000, in a solid stainless steel case, with an original Omega stainless steel bracelet, manufactured in 2007. The watch comes in excellent condition with its original Omega box and papers.

This classic model has its distinctive features: a nicely-shaped case, a dark-blue "Wave" Guillochet dial, an automatic Omega 1164 caliber movement, a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, a blue-color rotation bezel, and an embossed Omega Seamaster emblem on back. The luminous inserts on the dial are still glowing brightly in the dark.

The Seamaster chronograph dial appears very clean in spite of its complexity, with a traditional dial layout of seconds at nine o'clock, minutes at twelve o'clock, hours at six o'clock, and date at three. The wave pattern on the dial appears almost matte at a distance, and serves to greatly reduce glare while adding an iconic design element that has come to symbolize the Seamaster line.

The thick, scalloped bezel moves in 120 increments of 30 seconds, with minute markers placed for the first 15 minutes, and 5 minute markings thereafter, making for a very clean and legible design at a glance, while the smooth edges can make it somewhat difficult to grip in wet or greasy conditions.

The Seamaster Professional Chronograph uses a thick, domed crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside only, granting the piece very good readability under a wide range of lighting conditions, with only the slightest hint of the crystal standing proud of the bezel, which should make chipping extremely unlikely.

The hands, of a skeleton design with space in the center, allow a very clear, unobstructed view of the dial, and in particular the sub-dials which a solid hand would not, and make for excellent readability, while being another unique design cue that identifies the watch as a member of the Seamaster line.

The bracelet is extremely comfortable to wear, with no sharp edges, and no hair pinching whatsoever, and has a great feeling of balance to it, as its heft balances out the large head of the watch, distributing the 212g of total mass evenly around the wrist.
The watch has a big 42 mm size. The case has sharp and clean edges. The bracelet looks clean and shiny. The total length of the watch with band and buckle is 7.5" (19 cm) + extra link provided for additional length.

The watch is good-running and keeping time, ready to wear and enjoy or to grace your high-end watches collection.

This collectible timepiece would be a smart financial investment, always raising its value.
The photos have been taken of the actual watch offered for sale. I guarantee its 100% authenticity.

* US customers will receive the watch fast and securely, with no import fees or taxes. EBAY IS NOW COLLECTING SALES TAX IN SOME UNITED STATES, PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE YOU BID!
** Canadian customers not using a cash payment have to pay tax since we are a registered business. That will be included in your invoice.
*** We ship Worldwide with no or very small import fees on delivery.

CASE:

width - 42 mm (not counting winding crown);
length - 49 mm (including lugs);
thickness - 16 mm;
total weight with band and bracelet - 212 g.

ref. # 222580004; solid stainless steel; water-resistant; Swiss made; three-piece; lapidated fancy lugs; screw back; rotating bezel; signed Omega winding crown; round pushers; scratch-free sapphire crystal;

DIAL:

dark-blue "Wave" finish; luminous-filled hands and applied hour indices; 30-minute, 12-hour and 60-second sunken registers; date aperture at 3 o'clock; signed;

MOVEMENT:

genuine 17 Jewels Swiss Made Omega 1164 caliber (Valjoux 7751), automatic; 13.25''', Dm= 30.0mm, Do= 30.4mm, H= 7.9mm, F= 1.9mm, T= 3.0mm, f = 28800 A/h; signed and numbered; good-running and keeping time;

BAND:

original Omega Seamaster stainless steel bracelet; total length of the watch with band and buckle 7.5" (19 cm) + extra link for additional length.
Old 14 February 2020, 03:36 AM   #15
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

I've got some great news - the seller and I reached an agreement. He did a partial refund of $200 USD (I won it for $2,105 USD) which I'll put towards getting it serviced by Swatch Group Canada via the local AD it originally came from.

It's 4-6 weeks they said, hopefully the former. I just have to find the time to drop it off for them now.
Old 14 February 2020, 03:40 AM   #16
Nerdywatch2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Well, what a day it's been. Since 2007 I've owned (and sold) 4 Omega watches. They've always been in the shadow of Rolex to me back in the day and none have ever been missed.

A few years ago I acted on my favourite model. The biggest mistake I made was settling for one without papers (well, warranty cards). This eventually made me trade it with a few other watches to get my GMT when this was still a possibility

Images from 4 years ago

Well, I found a full set selling in Toronto and sniped it at the end of the auction!!!!! Very cool how it all played out and on Oscar night too, just to make it more memorable. With my birthday coming up in March and the release of the new Bond film in April I'm very happy to have the Omega brand back in my life.

The piece should be here in 2-3 days Here are some shots from the listing:

Can't wait for this to arrive!
it looks great on your wrist congrats.
Nerdywatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 03:49 AM   #17
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
I've got some great news - the seller and I reached an agreement. He did a partial refund of $200 USD (I won it for $2,105 USD) which I'll put towards getting it serviced by Swatch Group Canada via the local AD it originally came from.

It's 4-6 weeks they said, hopefully the former. I just have to find the time to drop it off for them now.
Result. Good ide. Get it serviced. It will be like a new watch
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 06:27 AM   #18
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Result. Good ide. Get it serviced. It will be like a new watch
Absolutely! It hasn't been serviced in years if ever, so it makes perfect sense really. I plan on using it weekly during lane swim and simply wearing it all the time. This also includes aquatic adventures in open water so I would be a fool not to
Old 14 February 2020, 02:00 PM   #19
nworbled
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Congratulations! I bought mine brand new in 2012.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-7602.jpg (224.1 KB, 149 views)
nworbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 08:45 PM   #20
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdywatch2 View Post
it looks great on your wrist congrats.
Thanks! I sized it yesterday and was quickly reminded of how versatile this piece is. The size is just right for me it feels and still possible to fit in with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nworbled View Post
Congratulations! I bought mine brand new in 2012.
Thanks! Very cool watch you've got as well! They started making the dials and bezels black in 2010, right?

In 2007 I got the 2220.80 new from an AD here but in 2009 bought the Planet Ocean used:

Here's a glimpse at my other past watches

I really enjoy using the chronograph function so much. I'm excited to have this piece serviced and back to me. Today after work I'm planning to make the trip to the AD and get it over with.
Old 14 February 2020, 09:07 PM   #21
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
The service will cost more than $200. Hope it works out.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 11:49 PM   #22
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
The service will cost more than $200. Hope it works out.
Yeah, it's going to be a lot more. Around $1,000.00 CAD. Every single watch I saw for sale pretty much required service based on timelines and lack of documentation.

If all goes well with the estimate I got a good deal and would gladly do this to give myself peace of mind on such an old watch. Originally sold in 2007 with no service history. Albeit possible an independent worked on it at some point there's no way to know.