The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2019, 03:01 AM   #121
Ljung
"TRF" Member

I believe not so soon, still have too much existing stock at Rolex warehouse to clear.
Ljung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 03:04 AM   #122
Toivonen
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
When's the last time your saw a BNIB for sale? Even on chrono24 there are only 5 allegedly from 2019.

I haven't seen any for sale lately on TRF or anywhere else that are BNIB.

I think they are being discontinued and will soon hit $30k-$35k on grey.
This morning at an AD’s window, and has been there since Jurassic
https://www.facebook.com/bandadellavalvola/
http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=75294392
Toivonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 03:07 AM   #123
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I have seen lots of these offered used around 23K lately. If they are moving up I have not seen that at all. I always wondered why they are so soft on resale.

I think DavidSW has one for $33k, if I’m not mistaken. I did a double take since I too believed they usually fetch $23-27k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 03:12 AM   #124
kgglonghorn
"TRF" Member

he does. It is a GREAT watch. I regret selling mine every day.
kgglonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 08:44 AM   #125
MYF
"TRF" Member

I get why there would be hate for a franken sub. But i must say the blue on blue is a absolute beauty and a sub on WG is the most unpractical thing anyone could have thought of. So to those who can only appreciate the orignalsiam of a rolex i get you. But inho the franken smurf is not deserving of the hate it gets because spending 3x for a WG tool watch that looks like SS isnt in the relam of what i would call "normal"

Last edited by MYF; 15 April 2019 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: No offense
MYF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 08:45 AM   #126
MYF
"TRF" Member

No offense ment
MYF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 08:50 AM   #127
fixinbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
AD near me also had one in case
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 08:50 AM   #128
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I saw one at an AD yesterday. Asked if they had had the WG Sub for a while and she said "yes, it's been there a long time. Do you want to see it?"
Old 15 April 2019, 10:26 AM   #129
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYF View Post
I get why there would be hate for a franken sub. But i must say the blue on blue is a absolute beauty and a sub on WG is the most unpractical thing anyone could have thought of. So to those who can only appreciate the orignalsiam of a rolex i get you. But inho the franken smurf is not deserving of the hate it gets because spending 3x for a WG tool watch that looks like SS isnt in the relam of what i would call "normal"
The thing is, once we start getting into fake dials and bezels, we're not really dealing with a franken anymore. It's a partly fake watch. I don't think one need be a slavish adherent to "originalism" to have a problem with that. If that's what you're into, there are other forums where you might find like-minded individuals. TRF isn't one of them.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 11:20 AM   #130
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Then go ahead and buy a stainless steel Franken watch made to look like a WG Sub. It is your prerogative, but as been said this is the wrong forum for such items.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 11:26 AM   #131
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
When's the last time your saw a BNIB for sale? Even on chrono24 there are only 5 allegedly from 2019.

Well at the time of this post the WG Submariner is still a member of the Submariner lineup on the Rolex website. I certainly hope you aren't a speculator for a living.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 02:32 PM   #132
jangaard08
"TRF" Member

Ordered from ad 5 weeks ago. Received yesterday Could not be happier. 116619lb No problems. Great experience. Not discontinued
jangaard08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 02:37 PM   #133
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangaard08 View Post
Ordered from ad 5 weeks ago. Received yesterday Could not be happier. 116619lb No problems. Great experience. Not discontinued

Pics or it didn’t happen!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 08:31 PM   #134
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Sorry, but anyone who believes that even a ss Rolex Submariner for $9k is a tool watch in 2019 is a bit delusional or a billionaire that uses Rolex as a Timex to take a break from his AP Concept Tourbillon and RM Nadal.

I don't get this obsession with Rolex as a tool watch, that was literally like fifty years ago when that was actually a thing. Rolex doesn't make tool watches anymore, sorry but that would be Garmin, Suunto, Luminox...
Rolex doesn't even advertise using this term, in fact I don't remember the last time Rolex has shown a Submariner actually in the water with a diver.

A Submariner LB is beautiful even more so because it is unique and makes a very powerful and discreet statement in white gold to those that are informed. A ss frankenwatch would be a bad fake.
And neither are watches that are selected by men who seek to labor under physical rigors and challenging environments to bang around. They are bought by people who are worried about saunas, getting it wet, where it's safe to wear, scratches and values.

I love Rolex for it's incredible craftsmanship, reliable time keeping and incredible durability, but I didn't buy it for diving and just because I use the GMT complication while I travel, doesn't automatically make it a "tool watch".
A Skydweller or Patek also have this complication, doesn't mean I'm taking it out back to chop wood, kayaking the rapids or cave diving.
My phone also does all the same things...I don't look to call it a "tool phone"...
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 08:51 PM   #135
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
waited ten years to buy mine, wear is almost every day now. love it to bits

steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 05:40 AM   #136
ac88926
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
So pretty

Last edited by ac88926; 18 April 2019 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: Typo
ac88926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 05:58 PM   #137
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Sorry, but anyone who believes that even a ss Rolex Submariner for $9k is a tool watch in 2019 is a bit delusional or a billionaire that uses Rolex as a Timex to take a break from his AP Concept Tourbillon and RM Nadal.

I don't get this obsession with Rolex as a tool watch, that was literally like fifty years ago when that was actually a thing. Rolex doesn't make tool watches anymore, sorry but that would be Garmin, Suunto, Luminox...
Rolex doesn't even advertise using this term, in fact I don't remember the last time Rolex has shown a Submariner actually in the water with a diver.

A Submariner LB is beautiful even more so because it is unique and makes a very powerful and discreet statement in white gold to those that are informed. A ss frankenwatch would be a bad fake.
And neither are watches that are selected by men who seek to labor under physical rigors and challenging environments to bang around. They are bought by people who are worried about saunas, getting it wet, where it's safe to wear, scratches and values.

I love Rolex for it's incredible craftsmanship, reliable time keeping and incredible durability, but I didn't buy it for diving and just because I use the GMT complication while I travel, doesn't automatically make it a "tool watch".
A Skydweller or Patek also have this complication, doesn't mean I'm taking it out back to chop wood, kayaking the rapids or cave diving.
My phone also does all the same things...I don't look to call it a "tool phone"...
I took off my YG Sub when jetskiing and doing other watersports. "What if" it feel off
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 06:35 PM   #138
Abarth90
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 / 18038
AD in Vienna (Wagner) has one in their Showcase. Saw a YG Daytona with Green Dial as well.
Abarth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 02:03 AM   #139
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

There are plenty in HK. I've seen probably 6 in different ADs over the past two weeks so there are probably far more in the safes. The YG is actually less common from what I've seen
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 02:12 AM   #140
spurwar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600, 79220N
Went to my AD last week and they have one sitting in the case.
spurwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 03:10 AM   #141
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
It may be old news but there was one when I bought my Platona. They said there was no discount on it due to it being difficult to get from Rolex and in relatively high command.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 03:46 AM   #142
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
It may be old news but there was one when I bought my Platona. They said there was no discount on it due to it being difficult to get from Rolex and in relatively high command.

Hi Lee. Judging by the sightings in this thread, I think the AD didn't want to give you any more of a discount than they were already giving you for the Platinum Daytona.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 03:57 AM   #143
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
Hi Lee. Judging by the sightings in this thread, I think the AD didn't want to give you any more of a discount than they were already giving you for the Platinum Daytona.
My take is really that they felt they could sell it at MSRP where as not so with the Daytona, which I got for 20% off. If I'd gone for the Smurf it wouldn't have been discounted. For some reason the Daytona at 20% discount seemed fair to me. That and I was concerned about the maxi case fit for the Sub.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 04:08 AM   #144
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post

So many goodies on one tray!
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2019, 04:10 AM   #145
rw2008
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex AP Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth90 View Post
Saw a YG Daytona with Green Dial as well.
Should buy that immediately
rw2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 11:27 AM   #146
I.AlOthman
"TRF" Member

Watch: ttDJ36/SubC/ssDJ41
There has been one sitting in my local AD for two years now. My guess is that most people stick with the steel Subs and the yellow gold ones.
I.AlOthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 01:15 PM   #147
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmgeller View Post
I tried 1 on at watches of Switzerland in NYC.
Was going to mention seeing it at WOS in SOHO, but you beat me to it!

Looks
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 01:37 PM   #148
grimps
"TRF" Member

Could they be getting ready to introduce a steel Bluesy next year ?
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 01:31 AM   #149
MJ997S
"TRF" Member

Have seen several on display in the case at AD's in the Toronto area.
MJ997S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 01:50 AM   #150
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:

Saw one in Vegas last month. They don't last long there so it would have been a recent delivery.
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote