The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 May 2019, 10:43 PM   #61
KeithP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK 126900/SM 300M
Peter I appreciate your contributions so much- the type of stuff you post, the enthusiasm for the history of this iconic brand, the grounding in what these pieces are still capable of- the no-nonsense toughness, precision, etc, plus your no nonsense opinions shared- it’s the reason I’m here.
It’s slipping at an alarming rate. I lately wonder if we need a sub forum for enthusiasts and leave general discussion for this “new breed”.
I get why you’d leave, I thank you for everything and I wish you the best of everything for you and yours. Your posts are worth rereading, and I’ll do that often.
KeithP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 10:44 PM   #62
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
It has been a honor to have you as one of the TRF moderators. We all hope you will continue because your knowledge and forthright style make you invaluable to our group. We will continue to pray for you and your recovery. Ultimately, you will decide what is best for you, but know there are many members that have the same belief and hope for the future of TRF. I still proudly wear my 45 year-old Sub because of its history and the memories it has given to me. God bless you and your family.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 10:44 PM   #63
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Peter, do what is best. Personally, I will miss you greatly, at least leave the door open a crack.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 10:47 PM   #64
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Can't blame you on some of the points you've made...
I have always enjoyed your insight and knowledge, I hope you stick around, but completely understand if not.
All the best to you and yours
Old 23 May 2019, 10:50 PM   #65
karmatp
"TRF" Member

I also miss the old days Peter, the Rolex crowd these days is just not something I want to be associated with. I still log in from time to time just to hopefully read something that will make me smile like the forum always did 10-15 years ago.

Peter, you have always been a wealth of knowledge, and someone I could always count on to call out some of the ridiculous topics people post about. Take care of yourself buddy, hope to see you around from time to time.
Old 23 May 2019, 10:54 PM   #66
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Peter,

I have been absent for quite a while mainly for the very same reasons you mentioned and it kills me to see that some of our most beloved and highly respected members are walking away.

Health always first and please know that I personally respect your decision to go and focus on all of the things you may have neglected to stay on top of your duties as a mod.

Thank you for giving so much to this family and best of luck.

Carlos.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 May 2019, 11:00 PM   #67
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
As with all things, you must do what’s best for you. However I know having been through periods of illness before how this place can take your mind off things, even if only a little. If you don’t want to, or feel you can’t be a mod, that’s cool but I hope you continue to participate and enjoy.

All the best with your issues and I hope things get better for you.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:02 PM   #68
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Peter (Padi56) now that its out in the open I am sorry to hear about your health. Change is inevitable as with health and this forum is no different.

Members come and go but some will live on in perpetuity...you sir are one of those members!

Take care in whatever decision you choose and Godspeed.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:04 PM   #69
jburson250
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Thank you Peter for your sage advice, and extraordinary contributions over many years. Surely your presence here will be missed, should you decide to leave.

Best wishes,

Explorer 214270.
Sea-Dweller 126600.
Sea-Dweller Deepsea 126660 Black.
Submariner 5512.
PAM 514 Radiomir 1940.
Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37.
Speedmaster Moonphase 304.33.44.52.01.001.
RIP JJ
jburson250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:06 PM   #70
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
it's understandable, good luck to you.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:07 PM   #71
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Peter, you've always added tremendous value to the forum. Informative and depths of knowledge that most of us will never obtain. Your contribution has been and is felt every day. As others stated, you keep it real and honest. I've always enjoyed your "reeling" in the outrageous and sometimes stupid posts of others.

I don't know if a permanent sign off is warranted, only you know that. However there is no reason you can't still be a member and contribute when you're up to it. Part-time it if you will.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:10 PM   #72
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Peter, firstly I wish you may recover from your health issues and have all the meaningful time you deserve with friends and loved ones.

If you confirm your decision, the forum will certainly not be the same. You have taught us so much, and not only in the way of watches.

Thank you, my friend, and godspeed.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:11 PM   #73
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
Take care!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:11 PM   #74
Manu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 | LVc | SkyD
Peter, I wish you all the best for your health and hope you stick around.
Manu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:12 PM   #75
nick c
Banned

Hey Peter, I wish you all the best, thank you for all the great help and knowledge about watches. Take care of yourself.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:12 PM   #76
ROLEX MAN
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: you? "YES PLEASE"!
Hello Peter

I follow your answers and threads since 2008 with admiration, please don't stop.

Yes you always call a spade as spade, and you are "black and white", I love that, no shmantzi pantzi!

The forum has changed, prices have changed, availability has changed!

My original desire to own ROLEX is still there, but even I cannot play the game of "keep up"!

Hope you sort your health out ............PLEASE..............

it's not just about telling the time...

happy rolexing...

I'm just a man with a passion
ROLEX MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:12 PM   #77
HONDABBQ
"TRF" Member

I started my watch journey in May of 2017 with my first purchase. I stumbled across TRF and was overwhelmed by the plethora of valuable specific information at my fingertips from members long into the journey. I was intrigued learning about why this happened or that happened, why this reference is special over that one , and all the other technical posts I have yet to fully understand. It has changed, and not for the better I agree, but without the likes of yourself with decades of immersed knowledge there would be no TRF.
As stated previously, maybe ween yourself off of the mod duties and just enjoy being able to assist those that could use your wealth of knowledge, instead of wading through the countless threads that have become a bore to you and many others here.
If we have any influence on your decision, please take the posts herein as a positive to your effect on the forum. If you need to step down for health reasons, then do not hesitate.
Your passion for Rolex and watches shines through. It gives you pleasure, that is apparent. Please don’t let the new generation be the reason we lose you.

Take care in either decision you make.
HONDABBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:13 PM   #78
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Sad to hear. Focusing on your health should definitely be the most important priority though.

I haven't been around all that long (only about 3 years) but I've always appreciated your "no bulls#t" responses. They make me chuckle every time - especially your unwavering dedication to commenting on ridiculous Rolex watch nicknames. I also find them a bit annoying so every time I see them referenced in a thread, I actively scan for your response. I will miss that... .

Hope you decide to stick around longer but if not, I wish all the best to you and your health
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:13 PM   #79
bravetony
"TRF" Member

I sincerely hope your health gets better. As a fairly new member I have to say that this place is great. It's really the only forum I belong to as I never been much of a forum guy. I did want to read about fellow Rolex owners and learn more but to your point, Many threads do seem to be wasted space here. All my best to you. -Tony
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:14 PM   #80
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
Hope to see you stick around Peter but would understand if you decided to leave. Best of luck
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:18 PM   #81
j-watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK, BLRO, 16523
I've always valued your honest and sometimes very blunt replies to most of the threads. Some gave me a chuckle, and others were simply full of knowledge I otherwise would not have received.

Thank you for all your contributions to this forum, and like many have already stated, the door's always open and we'd all welcome you chiming in from time to time. Please take care of your health the best you can, and I wish you nothing but happiness. Cheers mate!
j-watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:24 PM   #82
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Can we not create a sub-forum where we slide all the typical dumb threads lately about discontinuation, stickers, investment value, where can i get a daytona for retail (call it the n00b sub-forum or something) so that the content on this General discussion forum is a little bit more rich in content and we don’t lose the good knowledgeable members like you!?
Old 23 May 2019, 11:32 PM   #83
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Padi56 - I have read 100s of your informed comments and, excellent knowledge posts. Whatever you decide to do, you’ll always be legendary on TRF. Stick around, keep the flow going and, don’t lose faith in the new brethren of owners. Owner dynamics always change but, the worlds love affair with this brand only increases. Take care buddy.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:37 PM   #84
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear about your health situation.... I wholeheartedly agree wth your points, but we must be the change we hope to see in the world.

Hang in there. Wishing you the best in the journey we call life. Happy and hard parts are like the ying and yang. Can't have one without the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:44 PM   #85
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Pam
Peter, firstly I'm truly sorry to hear of your health issues and wish you all the best moving forward. I remember when I joined TRF in 2007 as a neophyte new DJ owner how you and the other old hands would happily offer advice and instruction in response to many of my noob questions and politely ignore my ignorant comments. Through you and others I discovered the rich history of the Rolex brand and the important and innovative watches they have produced. I looked forward to your no nonsense responses as well as your sharing of your knowledge. Thank you for all that. After a hiatus of a few years I recently started visiting the forum again and was amazed at the change. Your comments as to the majority of the current posts is smack on.
I can understand your your frustration as I feel it also. The one bright light is that your responses to these posts kept my fingers off the keyboard. Thank you for your dedication all these years to TRF and I wish you all the best.

buz-lh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:47 PM   #86
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Thanks for your excellent contributions here Peter. It's sad to see someone like you go but you are completely correct that this is now a different place. You have to do what is best for you and your family. Here's to your health, and hope you come back when things change for the better!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:48 PM   #87
tkc324
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona AP DD Sub
Sorry to hear your health problems. Prayers sending your way...
tkc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2019, 11:59 PM   #88
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
Good for you Peter!

Now you can focus on topics of interest that bring you joy, so your health can improve.

Thanks for all you have done for TRF.
Old 24 May 2019, 12:02 AM   #89
Syed117
"TRF" Member

I've only been on the forum for ~7 years and it will be sad day when I don't see Padi posting that the only winder you need is your wrist.

I do understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately this is what the next generation of Rolex owners is. It's no longer about the watches. It's all hype, vanity, money, and I don't think it's going to get better. The vast majority of the time I see a post or topic by someone who has joined in the last year or two, it just makes me shake my head. I take a break sometimes as well.

Taking care of your health is paramount and obviously everyone wishes you well. I do hope we see you around.
Old 24 May 2019, 12:12 AM   #90
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
The forum has changed due to sports model Rolex becoming commodity.

I yearn back do the days when Rolex just retained its value.Where ,if you kept it long enough you could actually sell it for a profit.
The balance was right .

Rolex should increase the MRSP on the sports models substantially .
The balance will be restored.
Dealers will have more stock,buyers will be able to buy from an AD or actually order and the dreaded flipper man and his grey friend will disappear .Grey dealers are celebrities on the forum at the moment.
ADs will refrain from becoming blackmail agents with package deals and bundling of PMs and stupid overpriced jewellery.

Rolex world is sick at the moment and the quality of the forums suffers because of it .

I hear you Padi .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote