The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2019, 02:40 AM   #121
drm20
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Just one more
Just want to send good vibes and thoughts for you and your health. All the best.
drm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 02:43 AM   #122
georgekart
"TRF" Member

As much as I hope you remain, if your health conditions and other factors tell you that it's best for you to stop forum activities, who are we to tell you what you should do. If it is the best for you, then so be it.
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 02:50 AM   #123
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Peter,

Your perspectives are a critical foundation block in this rolex forums.

It would not be the same without you.

Your health comes first and certainly is our priority as well, after that your family at home and your family on the forum.

If those things can coexist then let’s choose that.
Old 24 May 2019, 02:55 AM   #124
Flyguy1
"TRF" Member

Despite having re-joined this forum only a couple of weeks ago when I started looking for a leather band for my 16600 SeaDweller, i nevertheless understand your feelings. First, I've seen better days; Sleep apnea test last night severe apnea, MRI of LS spine to see if anything might be done to let me be mobile for another year or so.

Secondly, on the internet in general, less civility than even a few years ago. Almost any question can turn into a political discussion in about 5 posts. On fly fishing, "How's the caddis hatch this year? You know its horrible and it's all Trump's fault. In a slight 12 years, we'll all be dead anyway."

Interestingly enough, one of the most civil groups I frequent is for Sig firearms; political discussion is limited to a forum you must purposely join. All other political and uncivil posts are deleted.

Also, internet music is flourishing, particularly with Master Quality Authenticated tracks on TIDAL. Never a bad word said on the Dynaudio music site either; folks could care less if you bought the latest bookend, 20-year-old monitors, or the latest wireless masterpieces.

So, I hope you can keep your pain under control, and in keeping with the KonMari organization methods, if something no longer gives you joy, let it go!
Flyguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:00 AM   #125
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Hey Peter, so sorry to hear of your issue.

It has been very rewarding to read your posts, and an honor to glean so much incredible information you have shared with us.

I hope you can stick around for a while longer and let all us friends help support you.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:01 AM   #126
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
Hype and value are the two things driving Rolex watches right now, padi. I'd say if you aren't into the hype side of Rolex and/or the investment value discussion, or let these things get under your skin and bother you, it's probably best to bow out until the market conditions get more somber.
Old 24 May 2019, 03:02 AM   #127
Ksporty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
A genuine suggestion Peter, based on something you said on one of those recurrent threads that understandably piss you off.

Have you considered just giving up the moderating rather than TRF as a whole?

That way you wouldn’t be forced to wade through all the BS like that bloke in A Clockwork Orange having his eyes torturously held wide open. You’d then be free to peruse the forum for content that doesn’t make you want to smash your computer up and hopefully get more out of this place.

Best wishes for your health and thanks for the time you’ve given to the forum.

This is an excellent suggestion. Not being a moderator allows you to decide which posts to avoid, and where and when you want to share your vast expertise. You can be selective, avoid frustration, and continue to make contributions on your terms, when health, timing, etc., are right for you. Try it and see how it goes?

Whatever you decide, thanks for your years of contribution and I wish you the best.
Ksporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:09 AM   #128
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Peter, Reading your post I really feel your true appreciation for what TRF was and for Rolex watches.

It saddens me to hear you are in so much pain and that you are having health issues. I trust that you will find the strength to fight the health issues and continue to enjoy your life to it's fullest potential.

I completely understand your considering stepping away from TRF as a Mod. However, as a member who appreciates your insight and input I selfishly want you to stay and be active as a member.

All the Best to you and your family. May you find peace in difficult times and may your health get better. Be Well my Friend! Larry

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:11 AM   #129
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Padi,
I think this forum is always a better place with your presence.

Your immense knowledge is priceless for both experienced collectors and newbies alike.

I wish you well and pray that your health improves.

Best wishes to you.
Eric
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:18 AM   #130
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
I wish you well Peter, and hope that you will still make the occasional appearance here on TRF.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:25 AM   #131
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard_Six View Post
I haven't been around all that long (only about 3 years) but I've always appreciated your "no bulls#t" responses. They make me chuckle every time - especially your unwavering dedication to commenting on ridiculous Rolex watch nicknames. I also find them a bit annoying so every time I see them referenced in a thread, I actively scan for your response. I will miss that...
I like to think that the "no bullsh@t" responses Padi provides gives certain folk a much-needed "kick-start" to begin using a common-sense area of their brains that have heretofore been dormant.

Soooo many of the newer posts are so aggravating and thoughtless, regarding subject material that Padi has barely touched on in the first post of this subject heading.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:27 AM   #132
-lenny-
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 👑
I have noticed the same changes and agree with your frustrations. I have always enjoyed your posts, and found them very informative. I lurked as a guest here for many years, soaking up information and learning all I could. Once I finally became a member (pledge shortly thereafter) I was so pleased to find even more information available. TRF still has all that information, made possible by longtime members like yourself. But it is getting cluttered by the nonsense nicknames, "investment", and speculation threads.

At the end of the day, you need to do what is right for you. Please know that you have made an incredible impact here, and I thank you for your contributions.

Boyd
-lenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:31 AM   #133
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
If a mod is reading this, I believe that it would be very welcome to set up a means that people like myself can contribute to a paypal account in order to allow TRF to buy Padi a farewell gift on behalf of grateful members such as myself. I will gladly make the first donation and would hope that TRF could allow this to happen.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 03:39 AM   #134
SubMarin18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I am fairly new to the forum, but quickly came to appreciate your knowledge, insight and expertise. I took all this as a credible view into Rolex. I am sorry about your health and hope you can continue to contribute in some sort of fashion.
SubMarin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:00 AM   #135
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Peter, I am sorry to hear you are ill of health as I’m sure myself, like many here, had no idea. It would be a shame for you to disappear from these forums. Your responses to many posts have always been great levellers here amongst the forum pages.
In the end, your health and well being must take priority but please stick around, even if not as a mod but one if the mere mortals like most of us. Your Rolex knowledge is unparalleled and will be missed.

M6MKZ
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:31 AM   #136
phez
"TRF" Member

Watch: PT DD40 Ice Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
If a mod is reading this, I believe that it would be very welcome to set up a means that people like myself can contribute to a paypal account in order to allow TRF to buy Padi a farewell gift on behalf of grateful members such as myself. I will gladly make the first donation and would hope that TRF could allow this to happen.
this
Grand Seiko GMT blue dial and blue GMT hand
phez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:40 AM   #137
jensonslee
"TRF" Member

As a new member, the old forum you describe sounds heavenly. This forum should be about the enjoyment you get from your Rolex and how it is different than other watches.
jensonslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:42 AM   #138
jensonslee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Yeah, let's get him a Seiko.
jensonslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:42 AM   #139
Halitosis
"TRF" Member

Watch: my angry dog
Sorry to read of your poor health. Perhaps step back from moderating but you might continue to enjoy the forum as a member with no responsibilities? Best wishes from another Peter (West Lothian)
Halitosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:47 AM   #140
HappyFish
Banned

I liked to "philosophy" about the definition of rareness! Good health!
HappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:52 AM   #141
Tag_asian
"TRF" Member

Wishing you the best and the TRF family will miss your knowledge and your posts.
Tag_asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:52 AM   #142
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
I wish you the best and hope your health improves.

While we have you, what is your all-time favorite reference?
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:54 AM   #143
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

All the best!

Keep participating from time to time.

I hope this new wave of safe/price/investment questions will fade out.
GarbanzoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:59 AM   #144
simbal
"TRF" Member

Thank you for all these years on the forum. Please take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:59 AM   #145
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Peter,

It would be sad to see you depart from this
forum and concur with others asking you to
reconsider but if you do take this route, best
wishes to you-esp. your health issues-and thank
you for your years of help and advice here.
Old 24 May 2019, 05:03 AM   #146
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
Sir you are absolutely correct.

Rolex is treated as another form of currency/stock; which has shifted the focus of conversation.

Damn shame, I am just happy that I was able to obtain my BLNR before it became one of the hottest watches in the planet.

Please take care, and thank you for your many insightful posts since they are what help me further apporecieate the fine time piece on my wrist...
eco8gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 05:06 AM   #147
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
We hope to not see you go, but if you must. Thank you for your contributions over the years!
Old 24 May 2019, 05:08 AM   #148
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

Time To Log Out Perhaps For Good..

THANK YOU Peter for all of your insightful posts over the years! I have learned so much on TRF, and credit my passion for the Rolex brand due to this forum.

I look forward to your comments on some of these ridiculous threads. People will actually call for you to make a comment. You will always be remembered around TRF. Please don’t go.

May God bless you during your journey!
Old 24 May 2019, 05:25 AM   #149
JCB62
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1985 GMT Master SS
Hoping you stick around a bit longer. Many thanks for the years of wisdom and knowledge. Sending only good thoughts and prayers your way my friend.
Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M
JCB62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 05:35 AM   #150
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Peter,

First and foremost I wish you the best of luck on your decision to do whatever is best for you, your health, and your family. Like many I'd be very sorry to see you go/spend significantly less time on the forums. I owe a great amount of the vintage trivia/knowledge I've picked up over the past few years to you. Greatly appreciate your warm company in this community and your expansive knowledge you share to help perpetuate some of the best qualities that make us "enthusiasts".

You and your health are in all of our thoughts!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote