The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 March 2019, 03:41 PM   #91
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
The Western expats here seem to wear Rolex and Pans , the locals seem to be more into AP and Pateks from what I can work out .
Surprisingly I don't see many Precious metal watches other than a lot of two tone on the expats
Go to one of those brunches and you'll see how many people own a 100 USD
"Big Bang". It makes me sick to my stomach.

Tourists and "locals" at LPM, Zuma, Bagatelle etc. will wear what you describe above. It's surprising to see so many high-end watches - I always tell my mates "imagine if there was an armed robbery here - they would bank immediately"
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 01:41 AM   #92
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
PA airport terminal C guy wearing a 116618.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 03:09 AM   #93
rbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
I live in a small town and mostly see Subs and Datejusts locally. I’ve seen mostly steel and one full gold sub locally. One or two DD presidents-not that common here and not usually out and about but in hidey holes. Never seen a Daytona or YM locally.

Last GMT I saw (other than the salesman at my AD) was in the airport in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 03:29 AM   #94
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Always makes me smile when I see anything regarding rare with Rolex watches today.Rolex started the single letter 6 numbers in 1987 because they ran out of number combinations.Now we have random serials again started because they ran out of single letter combinations.Rolex at one time was making 1000000 units a year now around 850000 so how can Rolex watches be rare they are mass produced and countless millions of them in this world today.Some are made in smaller numbers yes but rare no,not even the Daytona where there are hundreds for sale to those willing to pay crazy money for them.And while there are those willing to pay crazy prices, most of these so called new or rare watches will end up on the grey market.
My, oh, my... No doubt common sense is the least common of all senses. And such honesty from a forum moderator is even less common. You don’t find this type of integrity, ethics and candor at any other forum. Thank you.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 04:13 AM   #95
shirtshirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Always makes me smile when I see anything regarding rare with Rolex watches today.Rolex started the single letter 6 numbers in 1987 because they ran out of number combinations.Now we have random serials again started because they ran out of single letter combinations.Rolex at one time was making 1000000 units a year now around 850000 so how can Rolex watches be rare they are mass produced and countless millions of them in this world today.Some are made in smaller numbers yes but rare no,not even the Daytona where there are hundreds for sale to those willing to pay crazy money for them.And while there are those willing to pay crazy prices, most of these so called new or rare watches will end up on the grey market.
If the “rarity” of Rolex makes you smile you’ll literally die laughing if you closely examine the diamond market.
shirtshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 04:50 AM   #96
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
In the Flagship Lounge at OHare I have seen three SkyD’s (only one blue dial), a 5711, a Kermit, and more black subs than can be counted

Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 07:06 AM   #97
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty22 View Post
In the Flagship Lounge at OHare I have seen three SkyD’s (only one blue dial), a 5711, a Kermit, and more black subs than can be counted

I've yet to see a 5711 in the wild. Someday...
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2019, 01:14 AM   #98
rbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox View Post
I live in a small town and mostly see Subs and Datejusts locally. I’ve seen mostly steel and one full gold sub locally. One or two DD presidents-not that common here and not usually out and about but in hidey holes. Never seen a Daytona or YM locally.

Last GMT I saw (other than the salesman at my AD) was in the airport in Vegas.

I have to eat my words. I saw a Yachtmaster last night in a restaurant.

rbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2019, 01:47 AM   #99
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I was just in Aspen a couple months ago. You'll compile quite a list if you go there. I noticed lots of gold DDs. Not just Rolex either, but you'll see AP, PP, Panerai, etc.

Went to Italy, France and Spain about a year ago. I didn't notice any luxury watches at all.

I only ever see DJs where I live, and that's a pretty rare event. I work with a guy that has the same Sub that I do though...
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2019, 03:09 AM   #100
BakerView
"TRF" Member

Watch: that I'm Jonesin 4
This is a cool thread from many perspectives.

I wonder what percentage of watches in the "One-Rolex owner fleet" is in their safe deposit box or floor-safe 99% of the time. Glasses up to our members who keep their wrist occupied with works of art on a daily basis.

I just can't imagine others that buy a watch and don't wear it and enjoy
the function. It's like buying a Picasso and putting it in the closet.

The watch you give up today for the next grail may one day become your grail:
Rolex:116520, 16570, 216570, 116710LN, 16610LV, 16700, 116600
Panerai:PAM176, PAM1024, PAM88
Breitling:6.75, Aerospace x2, Chrono 44 GMT, Blackbird/utc, Bentley GT
IWC:3717.
BakerView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2020, 05:35 AM   #101
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Saw a cool root beer nipple GMT today
Old 21 March 2020, 01:24 PM   #102
Homo Sapien X
"TRF" Member

Saw these in the wild these 2 weeks,
On display and not sure they are for sales.

Sea Dweller, Sky Dweller, all gold Daytona (yuck!), Hulk, rose gold YM 2.

Damn, I love my cash better.

Homo Sapien X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2020, 04:23 PM   #103
Ihatecheese
Banned

Super stalker thread. Rolexes are ubiquitous in the city. I get intrigued if I see something a bit different like a Octa Finissimo .
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:05 AM   #104
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Since I purchased my Rolex I haven't seen one in the wild yet. Though I don't go out as much the only time I see then is when I see a friend of mine that has several of them. DD WG 36, Deepsea and a Sub Date. Those are the ones I'v seen and I know he has several more. I only see him once a month or so because he's always busy but I know he has a nice collection and not only Rolex.. Good the have $$, he does work hard to get what he wants, good for him.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:08 AM   #105
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Once I saw the word "vacation" in the title I knew this had to be an old thread...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2020, 01:53 AM   #106
Ballzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Once I saw the word "vacation" in the title I knew this had to be an old thread...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
One day soon hopefully - this place needs a little light!
Old 23 August 2020, 03:48 PM   #107
aknajera
"TRF" Member

Was watching a Duff vs. Buddy baking challenge and spotted this. Looks like a 116506 to me.

aknajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2020, 06:00 PM   #108
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Seadweller50
In the wild

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and I don't go on vacation much any more, because it is a vacation every day here. There aren't any tourists because of the fauxdemic so Rolexes are few and far between. I don't get asked about mine much; most locals don't know a Rolex from a Casio. There was a Rolex AD here about 10 or 12 years ago but they went out of business.
HiDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 09:27 PM   #109
Tanalasta
"TRF" Member

The beaut about the SubC ND is that people don't know what it is.

They recognise the name. Not the watch. I got asked whether it was waterproof once. Daily wear at work. Watches are meant to be worn.
Tanalasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 11:28 AM   #110
Greglaw
Banned

I had 2 friends almost die from your

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDive View Post
I live on the Big Island of Hawaii and I don't go on vacation much any more, because it is a vacation every day here. There aren't any tourists because of the fauxdemic so Rolexes are few and far between. I don't get asked about mine much; most locals don't know a Rolex from a Casio. There was a Rolex AD here about 10 or 12 years ago but they went out of business.

I had 2 friends who almost died from your so called fauxdemic...I just have to wonder why you had to add that other than to cause a problem. Really no need for that other than trying to create a problem. They both ended up on faux ventilators in faux-induced comas. Glad you added that. Classy move.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 02:45 PM   #111
Orangejoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglaw View Post
I had 2 friends who almost died from your so called fauxdemic...I just have to wonder why you had to add that other than to cause a problem. Really no need for that other than trying to create a problem. They both ended up on faux ventilators in faux-induced comas. Glad you added that. Classy move.
His post was watch related and the comment relevant to why he sees no tourists with Rolex on their wrist at the moment.

Many people agree the media treatment of the obviously real pandemic is a hoax (including many doctors on the front lines, who are fighting this virus).

I'm sorry for your friends, but you are out of line.

BTW, I've never seen anything more "exotic" than SS Daytonas. Knew a mortgage broker that would alternate between that, Submariner and Speedys.

Always thougth they were fake, he wasn't that good of a broker,
Old 26 August 2020, 03:39 PM   #112
Librandox
Banned

So far, I’ve seen two vintage GMT's. At a convention on the wrist of the guy beside me and at the grocery store. The one at the grocery store was being worn by an older gentlemen and it had a great fade on it. It was extremely difficult not to say anything. I wanted to buy it off his wrist!
Librandox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 02:49 AM   #113
brigadoonb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Went to aspen this past weekend….ton of subs on guys wrists and one yacht-master. I saw two white non-ceramic Daytona’s and one day date on ladies wrists. I always see more nice watches walking around in a few hours in Aspen than the last year in stores.

brigadoonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:56 AM   #114
Ballzzz

Local costco - multiple subs / expII / DJ
Old 9 September 2021, 05:06 AM   #115
southcarolina1801
"TRF" Member

Was on vacation in Key West earlier this year. It was Sub city, everywhere I went I saw someone wearing one.

Wore my Seiko Tuna out one night and felt like I was the one wearing an exclusive watch!
southcarolina1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 05:50 AM   #116
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Bluewater Shopping Centre may well have been Rolex central whilst I was there earlier this week.

First off a young man with a DJ on a jubilee, fairly new as the bracelet really sparkled which caught my eye, next up a Submariner on a man outside the Rolex shop looking at the 3 watches in the window. Lunchtime, portly gentleman sits on table opposite wearing an old TT DJ36, silver dial, his wife appeared to be wearing a Cartier of some description.

Next up in M&S another Submariner this time a Date version worn by a man out shopping with his family. Then another DJ again on a young man this time on a very colourful tattooed wrist, the jubilee and fluted bezel really shining.

Then and rather unexpectedly whilst out walking our dog I spotted a Sea Dweller on the wrist of a fellow dog walker.

Mrs O had grown tired of me nudging her throughout the day to say, look a Rolex, she thinks I need to get out more, I think she might be right.

I couldn’t believe that there were so many Rolex watches about, I do see the occasional Rolex on someone’s wrist whilst I’m in Bluewater but to see so many in one day was a surprise, the bonus of the Sea Dweller made the day.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 10:32 PM   #117
ibzk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
The Western expats here seem to wear Rolex and Pans , the locals seem to be more into AP and Pateks from what I can work out .
Surprisingly I don't see many Precious metal watches other than a lot of two tone on the expats
Locals and expat muslims avoid wearing two tone watches. Gold is considered for lack of a better word illegal for us lol
ibzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:10 PM   #118
rolexest
Banned

Watch: ya gunna do
I was in a bakery and a saw a guy no older than 30 wearing a Richard Mille. I totally wrote it off as fake but I watched him leave and he drove off in his McLaren 720s. Shouldn't have made that assumption
rolexest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:57 PM   #119
cbalster
"TRF" Member

In Montecito, CA near Santa Barbara, I saw a gentleman wearing a solid YG YM II upside down on one wrist and a YG DD 40 right ways up on the other wrist.

That's probably a one off sighting if there ever was one!
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 12:02 AM   #120
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Just this morning, someone in my house with a 124060.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EBACF5B9-A923-40A7-8DCC-A222A3D03BDA.jpeg (124.0 KB, 145 views)

Tags
326934 , sky-dweller