The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 December 2010, 12:19 PM   #1
avidflyer
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

16750 Bracelet HELP

I’ve been in the hunt for a jubilee bracelet for my 16750 GMT. I located a NOS 62510H with 555 ends. My question is, is this the correct bracelet for my watch? Also I was told the correct jubilee bracelet for a GMT would have a 50 stamped on the last link. Any input would be appreciated. Also anyone have an idea what the going rate is on a nice one? Got this one for $400 on eBay but want to make sure it’s correct, and not for a DJ. The bracelet has a L1 stamped in the upper right corner, and the H looks funny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62510H.jpg (75.0 KB, 144 views)
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2010, 12:44 PM   #2
aleiberman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I'm going through the same thing you are right now. The 555's will fit but not perfect enough for me, or most. You'll have too much of a space showing and it will be tight to get on. Trust me, I know, i've tried them. The correct end links are actually the 550's, which are perfect. However, i'm certain your bracelet is for a DJ, and the correct GMT Jubilee does have a "50" stamped on the last link. I've recently discovered what the main difference is....The correct spring bars for the 550 end links have a wider diameter and will not fit into your Jubilee. You'll therefore need smaller diameter spring bars to accomodate both. The GMT Jubilee will accomodate the correct spring bars with the correct end links. The bracelet you have above will work, if you have the spring bars to fit both the end links and bracelet. I'm assuming you do if it came with the 555 end links. When I say it will work, you'll get it on, but it will not be perfect. Good luck.

Also, if you call Rolex, which I did, they will tell you the 555 end links are not correct. Which is correct, and your AD can get you the 550 end links, which will be better then what you have now with that Jubilee. It will cost you around $70 for a pair of new end links. Don't bother to get the spring bars new becasue they won't fit in your Jubilee. The other interesting thing is that Rolex will tell you that you have the correct Bracelet. I'm not sure why though.
aleiberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Evergreen

Watch: Blancpain FF norad
The correct end-links for Jubilee to GMT case would be 502T. They will take the larger spring pin as well.

They are hard to find. I can recommend Steve M.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2010, 01:22 PM   #4
aleiberman
"TRF" Member

My 550 end links take the 2.0mm spring pins. And my AD and Rolex claim those are the correct ones. I purcased them, and they fit perfect. However, the Jubilee bracelet only support 1.8mm pins. So i'm sort of convinced that there must have been another Jubilee or they used 1.8mm pins. Thoughts?
Old 7 December 2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Saxon007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleiberman View Post
My 550 end links take the 2.0mm spring pins. And my AD and Rolex claim those are the correct ones. I purcased them, and they fit perfect. However, the Jubilee bracelet only support 1.8mm pins. So i'm sort of convinced that there must have been another Jubilee or they used 1.8mm pins. Thoughts?
You need the Jubilee with a 50 stamped on the last link - the one that connects to the endlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
The correct end-links for Jubilee to GMT case would be 502T. They will take the larger spring pin as well.

They are hard to find. I can recommend Steve M.
The 16750 (on a Jubilee) came with 550 end links. I believe the 502 end links came later on the sapphire crystal models. They would probably still fit 16750 though.

EDIT: Photo is here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/20759...cture+included
Old 7 December 2010, 01:33 PM   #6
aleiberman
"TRF" Member

If I used 550 end links with smaller spring bars (1.8mm i believe), and a DJ Jubilee, is their any concerns? Is it less secure?
Old 7 December 2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Saxon007
"TRF" Member

I honestly don't know but I suspect it is less secure. I am sure Rolex chose the larger springbars because the GMT is larger and heavier than the DJ.

I'd be worried the endlinks might rattle and rub the watch more if they don't fit properly. It would be a shame to scratch up the model and serial numbers excessively.
Old 7 December 2010, 01:52 PM   #8
aleiberman
"TRF" Member

Thanks, that is what seems to be happening now. It rattles too much. And i'm worried about both security and scratching.
Old 7 December 2010, 01:53 PM   #9
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
That H shouldn't be there unless it's a TT bracelet and then a 14 or 18 shold be next to it showing the type of gold utilized on that bracelet.

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote