The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 March 2019, 01:31 AM   #1
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Alan Goldfarb Jeweler Bellevue

I didn't buy anything, but I chatted with the AD for an hour or so. Got a chance to try on a few watches. The $90k Rolex isn't my thing, but I'll probably never see another one. Not too bad of a selection, all things considered. There was another display full of the normal DJ's also. He sold a SubC right before I took those pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Case1.jpg (93.9 KB, 3092 views)
File Type: jpg Case2.jpg (114.5 KB, 3084 views)
File Type: jpg Case3.jpg (77.5 KB, 3089 views)
File Type: jpg Case4.jpg (72.1 KB, 3084 views)
File Type: jpg Diamonds.jpg (84.9 KB, 3066 views)
mistercoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 01:36 AM   #2
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Nice inventory.....interesting that some of that inventory is discontinued dial/color combos such as the WG Panda Daytona cream dial and the white dial Milgauss. Surprised they wouldn't have sold by now in this market after a few years now out of production
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 01:51 AM   #3
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
That is a good store with nice people. The usually have great inventory--prior to the market craziness.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 02:49 AM   #4
NWNL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228235 ROMAN WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Nice inventory.....interesting that some of that inventory is discontinued dial/color combos such as the WG Panda Daytona cream dial and the white dial Milgauss. Surprised they wouldn't have sold by now in this market after a few years now out of production
Yes very strange... Guess the milgauss white dial is really hard to sell
NWNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 03:36 AM   #5
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Was in there a few weeks ago. Nice shop.

They typically have a pre owned section as well.
Mr. K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 10:16 AM   #6
pmar124
"TRF" Member

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I should have dropped in as I was literally across the street from there this past weekend. The BB inventory at the local shopping mall was not very good--I guess Goldfarb received most of the units.
pmar124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 12:34 PM   #7
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmar124 View Post
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I should have dropped in as I was literally across the street from there this past weekend. The BB inventory at the local shopping mall was not very good--I guess Goldfarb received most of the units.
Nice. I was staying at the AC down the street from Wed-Sun. Yeah, there wasn't much at BB other than the typical DJ's this weekend. I really like Goldfarb's. One of my favorite AD's I've been to. The staff was over-the-top friendly, which is not the norm nowadays.
Old 5 March 2019, 12:40 PM   #8
DESH
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the numbers..
nice selection!
Old 5 March 2019, 02:29 PM   #9
sgwatch
"TRF" Member

They definitely have really nice people working there. Always friendly. Nice to buy from as well.
sgwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 02:40 PM   #10
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

I don't care for the diamonds set directly into the case of that blue sub, but I have to say that I think the bezel itself looks really great. Out of my price range anyway, but I wonder if Rolex would agree to make one with a regular case? They're supposedly more flexible about the details on the premium pieces.

I was about to say "Oh, wow, they have a BLNR!" but then I realized that's likely the Op's watch sitting in the tray.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2019, 03:21 PM   #11
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Is that an aftermarket blue sunburst dial on the Sub? White Gold?

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 02:55 AM   #12
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
That's the OEM dial for that white gold sub, which I've heard actually is really hard to get. Obviously not much demand but not much supply either.

They had both white gold and rose gold olive DD40's in the case? Wow.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 02:58 AM   #13
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
Is that an aftermarket blue sunburst dial on the Sub? White Gold?
That's OEM. I believe low-key introduction at Basel 2018, but don't quote me on that may have been 2017
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2019, 05:22 AM   #14
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
I don't care for the diamonds set directly into the case of that blue sub, but I have to say that I think the bezel itself looks really great. Out of my price range anyway, but I wonder if Rolex would agree to make one with a regular case? They're supposedly more flexible about the details on the premium pieces.

I was about to say "Oh, wow, they have a BLNR!" but then I realized that's likely the Op's watch sitting in the tray.
Haha. Yeah, that's my BLNR.
Old 16 April 2019, 06:37 AM   #15
JePro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 / 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
Was in there a few weeks ago. Nice shop.

They typically have a pre owned section as well.
I should pay them a visit soon.
JePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 07:11 AM   #16
gfcp1230
Banned

Watch: 116400 White
Was in there a few weeks ago. Almost bough the Air King but based on the above pictures looks to be gone.
gfcp1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 07:22 AM   #17
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNL View Post
Yes very strange... Guess the milgauss white dial is really hard to sell
I noticed that! Was going to ask if it was NOS or pre-owned (like the Sub in the other case presumably was).

Will have to actually go in next time I'm that way; we have family in the Seattle area and always tend to stay in Bellevue.

As an aside, the mall across the street also has the least guilt-inducing fast-food burger I've ever eaten (Great State).
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 07:42 AM   #18
ChuckB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 126710BLNR
Alvin Goldfarb is my go-to AD in the area, and they are indeed some fantastic folks. I've purchased three timepieces from them - the most recent is my SD43 which they surprised me with a few days before Christmas last year. The story behind that . . . I went in earlier that week to inquire about a BLNR and an SD43. After chatting with them about the current state of supply constraints, I put my name on both lists. Went home disappointed. The next morning I got an email from them to tell me I needed to swing by. It turns out they had an SD43 in the safe - and they offered it up to me . . . said it was great for them to be able to take care of "good people." I somehow had lived up to their high customer bar, to be able to take delivery of what I call the "SD43 Holiday Miracle."

From this experience, I'm a believer: the quality of your AD relationship makes a big difference.
ChuckB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 08:29 AM   #19
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

Great staff and great service...
Old 16 April 2019, 08:56 AM   #20
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Spoke to them on the phone and the person I chatted with was pleasant. The only thing that surprised me was that they said that there is a new law that they are required to charge sales tax even if shipping out of state (CA in this particular example). I might have pulled trigger with them had that not been the case.

It was the first time I had heard about that and they said it was effective on 4/1/19.
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 11:10 AM   #21
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Great people! I bought my SD4K from them.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 02:49 PM   #22
porlo
"TRF" Member

I was there last year. Got my SubC from them. I saw that same WG panda at that time.
porlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 03:19 PM   #23
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Spoke to them on the phone and the person I chatted with was pleasant. The only thing that surprised me was that they said that there is a new law that they are required to charge sales tax even if shipping out of state (CA in this particular example). I might have pulled trigger with them had that not been the case.

It was the first time I had heard about that and they said it was effective on 4/1/19.
It's true
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 03:41 PM   #24
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Alan Goldfarb Jeweler Bellevue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
It's true

mindblown

That definitely changes the game as far as competitive all-in / out the door pricing when looking for pieces from ADs. If certainly impacted my decision of where to purchase
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 05:36 PM   #25
JePro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post

Welcome to Washington State.
Old 16 April 2019, 05:39 PM   #26
JePro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
Alvin Goldfarb is my go-to AD in the area, and they are indeed some fantastic folks. I've purchased three timepieces from them - the most recent is my SD43 which they surprised me with a few days before Christmas last year. The story behind that . . . I went in earlier that week to inquire about a BLNR and an SD43. After chatting with them about the current state of supply constraints, I put my name on both lists. Went home disappointed. The next morning I got an email from them to tell me I needed to swing by. It turns out they had an SD43 in the safe - and they offered it up to me . . . said it was great for them to be able to take care of "good people." I somehow had lived up to their high customer bar, to be able to take delivery of what I call the "SD43 Holiday Miracle."

From this experience, I'm a believer: the quality of your AD relationship makes a big difference.
I did also got my SD43 but from a different AD. Would've love to have bought it from them because they are still family-owned local business, however I was practically ignored when I went there. Must've been an off-day for them that day.
Old 16 April 2019, 11:53 PM   #27
Late
"TRF" Member

Watch: space too short
I hadn't realized there were two Rolex ADs within two blocks! I've only been to the BB literally two blocks north of there. And I live two blocks from that!

Yeah, the sales tax is a killer. Adds nearly 10% to the cost.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2019, 11:24 AM   #28
Stoge
"TRF" Member

I have also seen that white gold sub with sapphires and diamonds before at my AD. It’s a crazy piece! Def not my style, but certainly expect its pretty rare.
Stoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2019, 03:56 PM   #29
Rocket launcher
Banned

That diamond sub ...could be dangerous when diving as it has no numbers on the bezel..
So you could not set it correctly....
Rocket launcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 01:06 AM   #30
seattlite
"TRF" Member

I celebrated a Birthday over the weekend, and yesterday, Monday, Steven Goldfarb made my birthday all the more special. I was able to purchase my "grail" watch, the ever elusive Pepsi, 126710BLRO. I did have to wait, and I did establish a rapport with Steven, and visited their shop a few times to express my Rolex desires. Everyone in the shop was cordial, very gracious and I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Also, I visited Rolex ADs all over the west coast (So. Cal, Oregon, Puget Sound, Vancouver BC), and Goldfarb by far has the best Rolex inventory in their shop, and it was the ONLY AD that was able to meet my "grail" watch needs. Skip Ben Bridge and go visit Steven Goldfarb and the rest of their staff. They will treat you right!!
seattlite is offline   Reply With Quote