The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 1 November 2023, 10:47 PM   #1
Tuzz313
"TRF" Member

Brietling B09 Chronograph 40

Does anyone own this watch ? Considering for my next purchase. Looks awesome in photos and love the look of it. Any thoughts on watch would be great. Screenshot_20231101-084116.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Tuzz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2023, 04:36 AM   #2
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
I’m liking this model since it was released. I love how the movement looks and works. For the gold watch it’s in very good price point. The only disappointment I have with it is the small plastic box that this beautiful watch come in.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2023, 09:28 AM   #3
Cayenne06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Overseas DT
I don’t own this piece but do own it’s SS cousin, the Pistachio. I can answer any questions regarding function, wearability, accuracy, etc. I do like the RG B09, however, I was looking for something I could dress down and with a unique dial.
Cayenne06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 01:21 PM   #4
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I have the steel Pistachio version and I really like it. It's thickness is right on the border of being too thick, but it doesn't cross the line. The gold version is beautiful, but pricey. I'd need a big discount to pull the trigger on one.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 09:37 AM   #5
Tuzz313
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne06 View Post
I don’t own this piece but do own it’s SS cousin, the Pistachio. I can answer any questions regarding function, wearability, accuracy, etc. I do like the RG B09, however, I was looking for something I could dress down and with a unique dial.

Cayenne ….how do you like it overall and what situations do you find yourself wearing it in casual/events ? The dial interests me after watching some videos online it looks unique and fun but not an overpowering green which I prefer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuzz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 05:57 PM   #6
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzz313 View Post
Cayenne ….how do you like it overall and what situations do you find yourself wearing it in casual/events ? The dial interests me after watching some videos online it looks unique and fun but not an overpowering green which I prefer

Personally, I think the Premier and the SOH are among Breitlings' best lines out there. I really like the 40mm silver/gold dial options since I feel they might be more adaptable than a green dial. Although I must admit I love the look of the pistachio dial.

The 42mm options are great aswell. I like salmon dial on the ss bracelet, and the datora is among the prettiest watches I've seen.

Only downside, I think they are all a bit too thick and could do with a slimming down.
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 11:37 PM   #7
Cayenne06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Overseas DT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzz313 View Post

I have only worn it casually, although I do have a black alligator strap with contrasting stitching that dresses it up. I bought it as a fun watch to use on multiple straps. Currently its on a tan calf skin. I considered a British Racing Green model, but I felt I would tire of the color, 42mm was too big, and I didn’t want a date. If I could design my own model it would be silver/white dial with RG numerals and hands.
Cayenne06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2023, 10:32 AM   #8
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I have looked at this series many times but never pulled the trigger. I'm holding out for a older 3 register version. I just don't see the purpose of owning a chronograph with only a 30 minute totalizer. Rather have one that will count 12 hours. Just me though.

I am looking HARD at the dougraph though. Maybe soon. Fingers crossed.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 12:51 PM   #9
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

I saw the Premier B09 Pistachio and the B15 Duograph today. Wow!

The B15 is so cool and the dual chrono is a feat of engineering/horology, but I question is I will really use that function how it was intended? At 42mm it is big, but the thickness/depth is what you notice (in a good way). Blue dial and steel case look impressive.

In contrast the B09 is much more practical, and at 40mm its less thick/deep. I liked it in Pistachio. I like this watch but its engineering is not at the B15 level. Wonder if I would get tired of this model and wish I had bought a Navitimer in 41mm.
Laine V38 - JLC Reverso Duo Q2714910 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 - Baltic Aquascaphe SS
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2023, 09:34 AM   #10
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I have the B09 the main thing I don’t like about it is that it’s not flyback.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2023, 02:29 PM   #11
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
I’ve looked at this watch but I don’t like the thickness of the case. I opted for a vintage 1950s Premier in gold…. Much thinner.

"Nothing is to too beautiful, nothing is too expensive" Ettore Bugatti.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote