The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 June 2019, 07:35 AM   #1
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
My Seamaster [pics]

As the title suggests, a few days ago I bought an Omega Seamaster. For the impatient amongst us, I'll save you the read - the watch is simply sensational and if you are considering one, just go and buy one ASAP and you'll soon see what I mean.

Now for those of you enjoy words as well as pictures, please read on...

Like most (all) of us on this forum, I'm a Rolex man. I have three in my collection, an Explorer II (white), an SD4000, and a DJ41. I'm extremely pleased with my collection, as I have something for all occasions my life presents me with.

I have very few indulgences on a day to day basis. Just a regular guy, who over the last 40+ years has bought the right timepieces, at the right time of his life. Simple.

Omega, however, was never appealing to me. I actually thought the classic James Bond SMP design looked tired, old, and the blue dial lacked elegance. It was one of those watches that I never aspired to own, and nor was it ever a head-turner. My head, however, began to turn earlier this year with the new Seamaster Professional.

The research soon began. I watched every YouTube clip I could find, read every online published review, and visited several boutiques to get up close and personal with the watch. Quick note here - not once did I enter a boutique that did not have one in stock. This is good news if you are wanting to buy, there is no phantom wait list or silly game playing that is currently the trend. No, it's a simple hassle-free purchase. You want one, you walk into a shop, and buy one. Precisely how it should be.

Each time I wore it, the watch sang to me. Every time I held it, it impressed upon me a little more. The build quality, the weight, the way it sat on my wrist, and the way it looked up close and from a distance - tick, tick, tick. .

So two days ago I walked into my AD, drinks were poured, the watch comes out, and discussions begin. After some negotiating a deal was done - the watch was sold at full retail with 5 yr warranty, however, I also got the rubber strap included in the price. I was more than happy with this deal. Hands shaken, Visa handed over, Swipe, Pin, Done. Just like that.

Once the bracelet was re-sized, I put the watch on the wrist, and instantly it felt snug. After a few short minutes, I felt as though I'd owned it for years. It felt and looked just right.

As much as I love my Rolex watches, I love this Omega because it isn't a Rolex - go figure! Yes, I'll say that again, I love the Omega because its, well, an Omega! I won't go into the technicals here, there are tonnes of resources where you can find that. But know this, pound-for-pound I think this is the better watch than the Submariner. I don't like to compare watches, as we all have what we want in our own minds, regardless of what anyone tells us. But I'll tell you this much - this Omega has every quality attribute you'd expect from a Swiss-made time piece, and then some.

One of my absolute favourite things is the glide bracelet, which you can adjust without even taking the watch off your wrist! It's genuinely very handy, and oh so bloody cool, I love it. Even the presentation box it is supplied with is a thing of beauty. Omega have nailed it this time. It really is a great watch, but here are some of the negatives :-

Yep. There aren't any. Seriously! I'm one fussy MF, but I cannot think of ANYTHING about this watch I'd change. From price to presentation, it's an all round winner. I'd strongly recommend anyone to go have a look for yourself, don't ignore it because it's a brand you usually would not buy. If you like watches, you'll love the Omega Seamaster.
Mr. Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote