The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 February 2008, 06:20 AM   #1
bchan

Icon20 GMT Master II 16713chser

Hi Folks.

I have just joined the Forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me regarding the GMT Master II Model 16713chser. I have seen a few pictures, but know little else. It has captured my imagination, and if the watch is authentic, I would be interested in purchasing. I particularly like the jeweled markers in champagne dial (ruby/diamond or sapphire/diamond). Watch appears to maintain sporty look, but also a touch of understated elegance.

Does anyone know anything about this model? And how does it compare to the new GMT Master II 116713?

Thank you all in advance. I appreciate all the help I can get.

BChan
bchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2008, 02:29 PM   #2
bchan

I have found the model on Swiss Luxury and am tempted to buy. However, I am torn between the 16713chser, which I think is an older model, and the new Master II 116713bk.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.....including advise on Swiss Luxury.

Thanks.

BChan
Old 9 February 2008, 12:51 AM   #3
Roger
"TRF" Member

Hi Bchan,,
Likewise I am a new member. From what I read, the newest GMT 11 116713 has a new larger "maxi" dial along with changes to the movement especially the new hairspring which is made from a new material that does not magnetise and is not affected by temp changes. Also the case is bigger and the bracelet is different. There is only one bezel available at present with a ceramic finish. I think I prefer the original GMT master and the one you describe sounds fantastic. Good luck with the decision.

Roger
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2008, 02:53 AM   #4
True Brit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchan View Post
I have found the model on Swiss Luxury and am tempted to buy. However, I am torn between the 16713chser, which I think is an older model, and the new Master II 116713bk.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.....including advise on Swiss Luxury.

Thanks.

BChan
I have purchased from Swiss Luxury and they were straight and the deal was good...but the price they have for the new GMT is above what the AD are selling them for so why buy it from them?
True Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2008, 07:24 AM   #5
bchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Brit View Post
I have purchased from Swiss Luxury and they were straight and the deal was good...but the price they have for the new GMT is above what the AD are selling them for so why buy it from them?
Thanks for your input, TB.

Right now Swiss Luxury has the 116713 TT for $8k if wire transfer, $8.4k if with credit card. AD price is $8,925 and I would have to pay tax on this. So if I wire transfer, I can save about $1,500 - or about 16%.........I think I am looking at this correctly......I am just not sure about wire transfer instead of security of credit card.