The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 September 2019, 06:36 PM   #1
genomicstime
Banned

Aqua Terras - older models - Silver or white face?

Been thinking very hard about getting an AT 38.5mm instead of another datejust. Big savings and a more diverse collection.

Would be sticking to the vertical teak but are these silver dials actually silver or is it more white with silver accents? Possibly a cream a la SARB035?

The 2500s definitely look silver but how do the 8500s look? Does anybody have a side by side with a DJ 116200 silver stick? Candid photos tell the deeper tale sometimes.
genomicstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 09:33 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by genomicstime View Post
Been thinking very hard about getting an AT 38.5mm instead of another datejust. Big savings and a more diverse collection.

Would be sticking to the vertical teak but are these silver dials actually silver or is it more white with silver accents? Possibly a cream a la SARB035?

The 2500s definitely look silver but how do the 8500s look? Does anybody have a side by side with a DJ 116200 silver stick? Candid photos tell the deeper tale sometimes.
The Omega dial you're referring to is way more creamy than the AT 2500 silver was, and way more than a 116200 silver stick, too. I think the term Omega uses is "Opaline" silver. I think it looks dynamite.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 11:03 AM   #3
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by genomicstime View Post

I'd go Rolex steel sports over the Datejust, to be completely frank and honest with you
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2019, 11:24 AM   #4
genomicstime
Banned

Thanks everyone - I suspected as much with the dial. Want to try one out w/ Crown & Caliber but they are really freaking me out with the way they operate.

othertbone did you have something in mind? I have given all of the sports models a look but it's just impossible to find them at msrp and the gray market prices are out of range...I did get a call from an AD offering a new GMT II root beer but that's another thing entirely
Old 8 September 2019, 01:29 PM   #5
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
The silver teak dial is really unique. Depending on the viewing angle, the ambient light and the bezel color, it can go from nearly white, to silver, or in this case - Sedna Gold. It's a great style!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AT150TT 2a.jpg (47.4 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg AT150TT 1a.jpg (34.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 9 September 2019, 12:03 AM   #6
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Sedna steel/gold vs stainless sports version:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AT150 pair 2a.jpg (45.1 KB, 121 views)
Old 10 September 2019, 11:50 AM   #7
genomicstime
Banned

Thanks for the pics. The light/dark silver indices on these faces are really interesting. Ultimately the version of this watch that does it for me is the white dial w/ rose gold hands/indices. Here's a pic comparing an AT to some lower end watches I already have (and my DJ36). Given the similarity, I will probably invest in something that is a little different / complementary to what is already in the stable.